Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member

Is this thread a competition on hatred?

• Reply 22 of 78
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighype View Post

Why the heck would you want to use a browser designed to suck as much data out of you as possible? 

Crazy isn't it. I won't have that crap on my machine. Last time I tried. Little Snitch nearly blew up! 

• Reply 23 of 78
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 662member
    Give it to to me now Google!
  • Reply 24 of 78
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post

No, it's just the usual children trying to out do each other.

• Reply 25 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Yeah maybe it will be better as you have another choice?

lol some of you posters are so pre-programmed to hate anything non-Apple it's hilarious. 

From an untrained eye it may appear that we have a bias toward Apple, and hate non-Apple stuff.

It's not non-Apple stuff we hate, just shit stuff. We hate shit stuff. And love the good stuff.

• Reply 26 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

From an untrained eye it may appear that we have a bias toward Apple, and hate non-Apple stuff.

It's not non-Apple stuff we hate, just shit stuff. We hate shit stuff. And love the good stuff.

Yeah real shit lol http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

• Reply 27 of 78

Quote:

Yeah real shit lol http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

What is so 'good' about those stats? Are you suggesting that 'good' stuff is popular stuff? 

Windows != Good

Justin Bieber  != Good

Symbian != Good

Religion != Good

Skoda sells more cars than Ferrari, does that make them better cars?

• Reply 28 of 78

Meh

• Reply 29 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Skoda sells more cars than Ferrari, does that make them better cars?

hahaha is that all you have? I will let figure out why this is a incredibly lame argument all by yourself.

• Reply 30 of 78
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The Chrome browser for iOS will feature the "incognito" private browsing mode

and who would trust that?

• Reply 31 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidod315 View Post

Surely Opera Mini for iPhone/iPad doesn't use Webkit? Doesn't it run everything through its own servers to compress and speed up loading times?

I'm not sure, but stop calling me Shirley.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

This is good news! It will allow people who feel obligated to be Apple haters to enjoy having the wonderful experience of a iPad, but still maintain their anti-apple cred.

I've never understood what the big deal about browsers is; I just use Safari because it seems simple, and it integrates easily with my various Apple devices. Maybe I'm missing something.

You make good sense. By the way, what you're missing is having Larry Page's hands in your pants, fondling your private data.

• Reply 32 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

Seeing as Apple bans other browsers from being anything more than skins...this is NOT chrome. Its more of a chrome skin. 

At the end of the day, its Safari with a lick of paint. Call it what you want. Dolphin, firefox, chrome...on iOS it is ALL Safari. 

Isnt the requirement for web browers on iOS to use webkit engine (albeit maybe slightly modified), not necessarily safari itself?  IIRC, isnt the desktop chrome web browser built using webkit?

• Reply 33 of 78
    fredaroony wrote: »
    hahaha is that all you have? I will let figure out why this is a incredibly lame argument all by yourself.
    Mobs of idiots in agreement does not equate to proof of a genius decision.

Popularity means nothing in terms of quality.
  • Reply 34 of 78
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post

Nah, just the normal Internet angst amongst teenage tech nerds.

So tiresome.

• Reply 35 of 78
    ddawson100ddawson100 Posts: 531member

Just downloaded Google Drive. This is going to be awesome. I can view a doc quickly or open it in Safari to do (minor) edits. This is really, really awesome. I can't wait for Chrome. I use it on a few Windows and Mac computers and I like how I can stop in one place and pick up in another with little disruption.

• Reply 36 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpnorton82 View Post

Mobs of idiots in agreement does not equate to proof of a genius decision.

Popularity means nothing in terms of quality.

Ahh so anyone who uses Chrome is a idiot? So the 39.3% vs Safari's 4.3% has nothing to do with the quality of Chrome itself?

• Reply 37 of 78

Quote:

Yeah maybe it will be better as you have another choice?

lol some of you posters are so pre-programmed to hate anything non-Apple it's hilarious. 

You don't get it at all. Only about 5% of the public have good taste. Apple has helped about another 5% to 15% develop some sense of appreciation for good design awareness. To those with no taste at all, it just looks like we hate anything non-Apple, while we see and appreciate good design. That's all. Don't take it personal that you have way too much Nethanderal DNA in your make up. 

• Reply 38 of 78
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member

Will it be "buttery smooth"  ?

• Reply 39 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

You don't get it at all. Only about 5% of the public have good taste. Apple has helped about another 5% to 15% develop some sense of appreciation for good design awareness. To those with no taste at all, it just looks like we hate anything non-Apple, while we see and appreciate good design. That's all. Don't take it personal that you have way too much Nethanderal DNA in your make up. 

Wow I didn't get it all until I read your post. Thanks for teaching me where I have been going wrong!

• Reply 40 of 78

Finally!

It puts Safari to shame. And Google Drive is easily the best cloud storage out there right now. (Dropbox is a close 2nd)

So nice being able to work on my computer in Chrome and having all of my tabs being right there on my phone.

But I've had this for a little while thanks to my Galaxy Nexus (that's now running Jelly Bean!)