Apple launches OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on Mac App Store for $19.99

Comments

• Reply 21 of 182
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    asmodai wrote: »
    VMWare Fusion 4 does not work properly with Mountain Lion, you need the VMWare Technical Preview 2012, which has no official release date. Check the VMWare forums.

Thanks for the info. In any case after I do my tax return tonight Windows is going bye bye. Hopefully forever.
  • Reply 22 of 182
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    dlcmh wrote: »
    Yep, 5 Mbps plan.

Cool. All the best for Apple in Malaysia.
  • Reply 23 of 182

downloading

• Reply 24 of 182
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post

VMWare Fusion 4 does not work properly with Mountain Lion, you need the VMWare Technical Preview 2012, which has no official release date. Check the VMWare forums.

I run 4.1.3 and it runs fine.  Even the release notes for this version state that it has support for (at the time it was released) an unnamed future version of OS X.  What problems are you having?  I am able to run all vmware tools, install VMs with no problem.  It even ran fine under Mountain Lion developer preview 4.  However remember, it must be 4.1.3 or bust. 

• Reply 25 of 182
    asmodaiasmodai Posts: 21member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Thanks for the info. In any case after I do my tax return tonight Windows is going bye bye. Hopefully forever.

Yea, because in my experience it will crash the Lion Kernel. I need VMWare, as a web developer, I have to test on EVERY friggin version of Windows and IE, Including IE6 ( blech )

Here's hoping my PostgreSQL servers still work, they were a bear to get running under Lion as it was.

I also just ordered a 15' MBP Retina the other day ( decked out to the max ), ML should come pre-installed.

BTW, ML downloaded in 15 mins, and is installing now on my other 3 Mac's :-) *crosses fingers*

• Reply 26 of 182
    pa33pa33 Posts: 3member

Anybody else getting an error message saying that their upgrade code isn't recognized or valid?

• Reply 27 of 182
    PowerNap is no supported on my mid 2010 MBP neither is Airplay mirrowing in my MBP or 2009 iMac.

I guess there is no need to rush and install it. I will have no probleam waiting until I make sure all my apps run fine. Specially Canon EOS software that is currently not supported.
  • Reply 28 of 182
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

Getting a 100 error followed by 'item temporarily unavailable' here in the UK.

Same here in Australia

"There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (100)"

$A20.99

• Reply 29 of 182
    vandilvandil Posts: 187member

As a veteran of installing all previous versions of OS X, allow me to say, "Hurry up and Public Beta Test this for me everyone so the kinks get worked out by the weekend when I get around to installing this."

Thanks!

• Reply 30 of 182

"There is an error in the App store.  Please try again later (100)" in the UK (£13.99)

• Reply 31 of 182
    superbasssuperbass Posts: 688member

I'll wait and see what kind of problems ProTools, Sibelius, Creative Suite and Outlook exhibit before upgrading, thanks.

• Reply 32 of 182
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member

Great. Too bad I can't download it (East Coast Canada). Tried at least a dozen times.

• Reply 33 of 182

Download craps out at around 50 MB every time (a few seconds into the download). Other apps download / update fine. Weird. They must have Mountain Lion on it's own servers... which are overloaded.

• Reply 34 of 182

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandil View Post

As a veteran of installing all previous versions of OS X, allow me to say, "Hurry up and Public Beta Test this for me everyone so the kinks get worked out by the weekend when I get around to installing this."

Thanks!

As a veteran myself of installing every new release immediately since System 7.1.1 I'm happy to say that I have never once had any problems. But there's always a first for everything... starting with not even being able to download the damn thing.

• Reply 35 of 182
    clegercleger Posts: 17member

Woke up, come to my local community college to steal their 69mps broadband because 6 miles down the road i live in the boondocks and have satellite internet that peaks around 23KBPS!! because its so lame, I Downloaded the 4gb file in 6mins or maybe less, it just said 6 mins.

Now fixing to install. YAY!

• Reply 36 of 182
    Crap my redeem code has already been used. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 37 of 182
    scaniescanie Posts: 13member

Error 100 in Paris France too. (15.99 €) How frustrating, my 100 Mb/s line would have been perfect...

• Reply 38 of 182
    asmodaiasmodai Posts: 21member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I run 4.1.3 and it runs fine.  Even the release notes for this version state that it has support for (at the time it was released) an unnamed future version of OS X.  What problems are you having?  I am able to run all vmware tools, install VMs with no problem.  It even ran fine under Mountain Lion developer preview 4.  However remember, it must be 4.1.3 or bust. 

Kernel Panic, possibly network bridge, but it was an earlier ML preview and just before 4.1.3 was released. There are still people with issues in the VMWare forums tho.

I'll wait to watch the forums till I have a definitive answer to go ahead.

Thanks for the reply.

• Reply 39 of 182

Well dammit!

I left my iMac switched on at home so I could VNC in to have the file download whilst at work.

I forgot to open the port on my router.

Still, only an hour left at work followed by a 10minute drive home; then I can get to downloading.

I had no problems with Lion and Snow Leopard on release - hopefully nothing will go wrong with Mountain Lion - I have way too much wallet raping software on here just to have it stop working. CS5.5, Logic and Office 2011 are my big concerns.

Can't wait to get the full screen on any monitor feature! Its the little things in life. :-)

• Reply 40 of 182
    clegercleger Posts: 17member

dang once it downloads its takes 36 mins to install