'Highly confidential' iPad, iPhone prototypes revealed in court documents

Comments

• Reply 21 of 77
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    rogifan wrote: »
    OK I was reading The Verge's article on this and one of the comments said:
    Is this true? I've never heard before. And it seems unlikely Apple would agree to something where other manufacturers were allows access to the same design.

That isn't anywhere close to being true. If so, then Apple owes all it's unibody designs to Intel, a company that has no experience in PCs and Apple which has plenty needed Intel to make their PCs? What Intel did supply was a SFF (Small Form Factor) ULV (Ultra-Low Voltage) CPU for the MBA. This was reportedly asked for my Apple. It wasn't that Intel had to design it from scratch as they had already done so and even presented it in at least one slide at one event a year before, they just hadn't put it into production until Apple asked for it.
  • Reply 22 of 77
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That isn't anywhere close to being true. If so, then Apple owes all it's unibody designs to Intel, a company that has no experience in PCs and Apple which has plenty needed Intel to make their PCs? What Intel did supply was a SFF (Small Form Factor) ULV (Ultra-Low Voltage) CPU for the MBA. This was reportedly asked for my Apple. It wasn't that Intel had to design it from scratch as they had already done so and even presented it in at least one slide at one event a year before, they just hadn't put it into production until Apple asked for it.
    That's what I thought but man you get these people who write as if they really know their shit, when clearly they don't. I must say though the comments at The Verge are much more balanced than anything you'd get at Engadget or CNET. You get more intelligent conversation and less trolling. I guess the good posters left Engadget and flocked to The Verge.
  • Reply 23 of 77
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    rogifan wrote: »
    OK I was reading The Verge's article on this and one of the comments said:
    Is this true?

I thought I read that Apple was granted a design patent on the Air. Impossible if they licensed it from anyone
  • Reply 24 of 77
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I thought I read that Apple was granted a design patent on the Air. Impossible if they licensed it from anyone

There's absolutely no way Intel made the MacBook Air. The mistake here is actually listening to those idiotic comments.

• Reply 25 of 77

I'm not sure what Samsung hopes to accomplish by bringing up old Apple designs. What counts is what made it to production - not countless prototypes and design studies while they were experimenting. Not only do companies copy other designs - they even go so far as to buy competitor products and look at them to see how to improve their own.

The only thing I really see of any benefit is that Apple had prototypes that looked similar to the original iPhone long before the F700 ever came out. That should shut up all the idiots who keep saying Apple copied the F700.

• Reply 26 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

2) You guys didn't show the BSG phone. "All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

Samsungs now look like us. And they have a plan.

• Reply 27 of 77
    just_mejust_me Posts: 590member
    solipsismx wrote: »

prove it
  • Reply 28 of 77
    daylove22daylove22 Posts: 215member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Here you go Sammy, something to copy since you have zero design and innovation ability, have at it!

because Apple didn't copy anything...http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/microsoft-exec-correct-apple-copying-windows-phone-ios-5-136403

• Reply 29 of 77
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

You meant after Apple copied this from everyone else's stuff, like Sony [then Sony Ericsson], Nokia or even LG phones? When it comes to aesthetic, nobody beats Sony. And, even to this day, Apple is no match to Sony's design aesthetic portfolios,  Who's the copycat again? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Here you go Sammy, something to copy since you have zero design and innovation ability, have at it!

• Reply 30 of 77
    Court documents show Samsung's unhealthy obsession with all things Apple.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/27/3192614/samsungs-beat-apple-strategy-copying-court-documents
  • Reply 31 of 77
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Makes me wonder if Steve had his hands on some of these designs and used them in private out of the publics eye?  Also wonder about the iOS developed for them.  Wonder how infantile it was in design.  Maybe stuff that was eventually fazed out.

• Reply 32 of 77

Just copy the stuff not too "slavishly" you Apple...,you... Uhm..., maybe not.

On the left, Sony Ericsson 63. On the right LG Prada. Both of these are 

from 2006.

imageimage

If you marry the two, you will get a bastard phone...., called...., yes my child an Iphone....

It goes to show how "innovative" Apple really is. Or, if you prefer you can fill in the blank below. 

Apple is "innovative" in .............[my personal favorite is: bastardizing other people's products]

• Reply 33 of 77
    mcrs wrote: »
    Just copy the stuff not too "slavishly" you Apple...,you... Uhm..., maybe not.
    On the left, Sony Ericsson 63. On the right LG Prada. Both of these are 
    from 2006.

If you marry the two, you will get a bastard phone...., called...., yes my child Iphone....

It goes to show how "innovative" Apple really is. Or, if you prefer you can fill in the blank below. 
    Apple is "innovative" in ............

Um, actually the iPhone 4 appears to be based on this 2006 Apple prototype. If they copied anyone it was themselves.

sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes18_1020_gallery_post.jpg

The reason we didn't see it until 2010 was most likely due to engineering and production kinks that needed to be worked out (and they didn't actually get perfect until the 4s).
  • Reply 34 of 77
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    These iPads look pretty thick, possibly due to the battery from that time, which could mean they were working prototypes. You gotta take a gander at that [URL=http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/26/3190849/court-documents-reveal-multiple-ipad-iphone-prototypes-kickstand]Verge article[/URL], their showing more pics. I like the one with the small bezel.

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/9116/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

Thanks for the downsizing Huddler¡
  • Reply 35 of 77

imageimage

Uhm ya..., 2006 Apple had the i-bastard "prototype", but in 2006 both Sony Ericsson C-63 and LG Prada's final products were already released. When these two already released their products by 2006, you can bet their respective prototypes ought to have been existed way before then. I guess you have trouble to think chronologically. As if shooting yourself in a foot, you also admitted that it was not until 2010 when Apple perfected the i-bastard. And, here's the kicker, of all possible "prototypes", you chose the one with Sony logo on it. Of course, you'll say the logo meant "inspired by..." instead of "copied from..." Sony. Hilarious. I don;t know whether Sony should feel "flattered" or "flabbergasted" by this blatant ["inspiration"/"copy"] of their products by Apple.

LG had decided not to sue Apple in 2007 because LG supplied certain parts for I-bastard, ehr..., Iphone, but now after the phenomenal success of Apple-inspired-by device, LG should start thinking about suing Apple for billions of dollars, and LG will win the claim hands down. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Um, actually the iPhone 4 appears to be based on this 2006 Apple prototype. If they copied anyone it was themselves.

sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes18_1020_gallery_post.jpg

The reason we didn't see it until 2010 was most likely due to engineering and production kinks that needed to be worked out (and they didn't actually get perfect until the 4s).

• Reply 36 of 77

FWIW.

• Reply 37 of 77
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    My God these are fugly!
  • Reply 38 of 77
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member
    tyler82 wrote: »
    My God these are fugly!

True... but it shows the process Apple took to get the iPhone/iPad design where it is today.

What about the other guys? What path did they take?
  • Reply 39 of 77
    ashilyashily Posts: 1member

Thank you very much.

[url=http://www.3ds-r4i.fr]r4[/url][url=http://www.3ds-r4i.fr]r4i[/url][url=http://www.3ds-r4i.fr]r4i 3ds[/url][url=http://www.3ds-r4i.fr]r4 3ds[/url]4.3.0-10 update relased!

• Reply 40 of 77

I want... no... DEMAND, the two tone version. I think it looks amazing! :D

Well, the back of it does, anyway.