Burglar who swiped Steve Jobs' wallet, computers quickly traced after powering them on

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    You have got to be f***ing kidding me. Just $1 in his wallet? As in Steve's $1 salary. This must be some lame TMZ stunt or something.
  • Reply 82 of 88

In other news, burglars ransacked Steve Ballmer's summer home and stole 3 iPads, an iMac, an AppleTV, and 2 iPods (Classic and 4th-Gen Nano), and a signed photo of Steve Jobs. A 30GB Zune and Nokia 900 were fortunately spared.

• Reply 83 of 88
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post

So, Apple will assist the Police in recovering stolen Apple products from the Job's family but will not do so for others. If you look at different Mac forums, there are multiple threads about lost or stolen iphones, iPads and MBP's that owners have used the find my device feature but Police will not help them.

and how many of those people have actually had their items stolen as result of their house getting burglarized?

How many have actually filed a police report for burglary and theft (as opposed to simply trying to get the police to do anything)?

• Reply 84 of 88
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by grblade View Post

The amount of proofreading errors in this article is ridiculous

I do see a bunch of spelling/grammatical errors but I cannot see one single proofreading error.

• Reply 85 of 88

...to build a farraday cage BEFORE turning the devices on and erased them......he may have never have been caught.

• Reply 86 of 88

of course....if it was a "nobody"...they would take weeks or months to recover items..unless you claim these burglars you suspected had drugs..then all the federal money is there for the police to up it on the priority list to go into a drug investigation..otherwise...you can consider your stuff gone!

• Reply 87 of 88
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    blewvelvet wrote: »
    ...to build a farraday cage BEFORE turning the devices on and erased them......he may have never have been caught.

If he was smart enough to do that he may not have resorted to burglary (of this nature)... Just a random thought.