Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Comments

• Reply 141 of 369

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

• Reply 142 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… All of us know. Or can know. If we actually read.

oh i forgot you work for apple and google and know everything about both companys inside top secret stuff .

next thing you be saying is you have an iphone 5 and a samsung s4.

• Reply 143 of 369

This is what is meant by "thermonuclear."

It involves a process. These things don't happen overnight. 

• Reply 144 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Well let's see, Motorola has been making cell phones since 1983 and Apple since 2007. I would venture to guess Apple's iPhone patents still have a ways to go before they expire especially since they're still being awarded patents they filed for in 2006–2007.

then if motorola been at it that long and put that much time and investment in ,im sure there not dumb enough to let things they would be using all the time or selling to other companys would let things slip and expire .

motorola and your little back street company they have alot of investors .

• Reply 145 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markussd View Post

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

i agree with you this can only make things worse for apple long term.

• Reply 146 of 369

Quote:

From who?

Tech nerds on the ass-end of the web?

CONSUMERS count. And Apple has them firmly in their camp. It's all about Apple gear. Demand is sky-high. Joe Average doesn't give a sweet damn about patent litigation, LOL. Or whether Apple is "nice" to the competition. Why should ANY consumer care about what Apple and Samsung are arguing about? Who has the inclination for that? 

Not even negative news about working conditions in China deterred consumers. And that news was as pervasive as anything for at least 2-3 years. Not even antenna-gate deterred consumers. Apple sold 17 million iPads (excuse me, "giant iPod Touches", as others would dismiss them) at over $400 a pop last quarter. 17 MILLION in a single quarter. Yeah, of THAT "iToy" (apparently.) A lot of "innocent" and sweet Android OEM's can't even move a friggin' fraction of that in an entire year (and smartphones, not even tablets - that people apparently don't need or want), never mind in a single quarter. 

Get real. Some of you really need to get out of your tech-soaked heads and put yourselves in the shoes of the everyday consumer. It's all about the PRODUCT, not the company's intellectual property court briefings. 

• Reply 147 of 369

Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

oh i forgot you work for apple and google and know everything about both companys inside top secret stuff .

No… I can just read

next thing you be saying is you have an iPhone 5…

Why would I buy an iPhone 4S when the 6th iPhone is 21 days away?

• Reply 148 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

From who?

Tech nerds on the ass-end of the web?

CONSUMERS count. And Apple has them firmly in their camp. It's all about Apple gear. Demand is sky-high. Joe Average doesn't give a sweet damn about patent litigation, LOL. Or whether Apple is "nice" to the competition. Why should ANY consumer care about what Apple and Samsung are arguing about? Who has the inclination for that? 

Not even negative news about working conditions in China deterred consumers. And that news was as pervasive as anything for at least 2-3 years. Not even antenna-gate deterred consumers. 

Get real. Some of you really need to get out of your tech-soaked heads and put yourselves in the shoes of the everyday consumer. It's all about the PRODUCT, not the company's intellectual property court briefings. 

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

• Reply 149 of 369
    then if motorola been at it that long and put that much time and investment in ,im sure there not dumb enough to let things they would be using all the time or selling to other companys would let things slip and expire .

motorola and your little back street company they have alot of investors .

No patent lasts forever. Why do you think companies like Coca-Cola and KFC have never patented their recipes? Because after so many years the competition would be allowed to use it.
  • Reply 150 of 369

Quote:

No… I can just read

iphone 6 in 21 days , yeah i guess you can read , and as they say dont believe everything you read on the internet.

oh that was a joke , forgive me if i dont laugh.

• Reply 151 of 369

oh that was a joke , forgive me if i dont laugh.

You have to have some substance to your argument before you can make jokes.

• Reply 152 of 369

Quote:

No patent lasts forever. Why do you think companies like Coca-Cola and KFC have never patented their recipes? Because after so many years the competition would be allowed to use it.

i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

let me know when you find the recipes for kfc , love that stuff.

• Reply 153 of 369

Quote:

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

Tech media does not = the market. 

The bulk of the market doesn't even visit tech sites to read tech news. 

No one really gives a shit about the "consumer choice" argument, when everyone's got Apple gear at the top of their Christmas list. Folks walk into a store, they see devices from several different manufacturers. That is beginning and the end of the "consumer choice" they actually care about.

We've been hearing all this baloney about negative press about Apple for years now, and yet every quarter consumer keep opening their wallets. Watch the results of this Christmas quarter. It'll be insane. 

• Reply 154 of 369
    i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

let me know when you find the recipes for kfc , love that stuff.

That's exactly why they keep them top secret.
  • Reply 155 of 369
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

i will quote wiki

as it shows people that im not making this all up .

and yes i do know what im talking about ,as ive have about 8 apple products and about the same on android.

So what do you think of Motorola's attack on Apple and the continuation of that attack by Google?

Apple is acting defensively against Motorola/Google, as are Microsoft.

Just because you buy Google's hypocrisy it doesn't mean everybody else has to.

• Reply 156 of 369

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So what do you think of Motorola's attack on Apple and the continuation of that attack by Google?

Depends on what the Wikipedia page says about it.

In February 2012, the European Commission, Competition Directorate-General, sent Motorola notice that the Commission received a complaint by Apple on the enforcement of Motorola's standards-essential patents against Apple, allegedly in breach of Motorola's FRAND commitments. Apple's complaint sought the Commission's intervention with respect to standards-essential patents.

Oop, he'll have to edit this paragraph out before he links to the page… 

• Reply 157 of 369

Quote:

And I think the companies stealing Apple's IP ought to either have the courage to come on these boards as themselves and say these things, rather than sending people to pretend they are just "average people", or they should admit their dishonorable cowardice and theft and shut up.

• Reply 158 of 369
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

No… I can just read

19 days away for me, provided it is launched in Australia on the 21st.

• Reply 159 of 369

Quote:

But artists do copy, or we wouldn't have genres or a definable art forms.

Artists are inspired. Technologist build upon. There is a difference. No one has said only one artist can paint houses with oil paints, but you can paint a different house.

• Reply 160 of 369

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

19 days away for me, provided it is launched in Australia on the 21st.

Split the difference and you wind up with my birthday. Provided Straight Talk isn't a load of crap and will actually be good with iPhones, it should turn out to be a good one.