Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Comments

• Reply 161 of 369
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

Yes, Apple is trying to limit Samsung's idea of consumer choice i.e. which Galaxy is right for me.

That is the only consumer choice Samsung is interested in and they will trample over anyone to get their way.

Google don't care as long as the advertising dollars keep rolling in.

• Reply 162 of 369
    Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone. More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in iphone5. SIII looks like iPhone? Just file motion in any court other then Californian and face reality.
  • Reply 163 of 369

Quote:

iphone 6 in 21 days , yeah i guess you can read , and as they say dont believe everything you read on the internet.

oh that was a joke , forgive me if i dont laugh.

1 iPhone

2 iPhone 3G

3 iPhone 3GS

4 iPhone 4

5 iPhone 4S

6 = 6th iPhone???

= Profit.

• Reply 164 of 369

i wonder if the same out come in the us court ,would have been the same if it was held in japan.

i dont think so.

• Reply 165 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone. More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in iphone5. SIII looks like iPhone? Just file motion in any court other then Californian and face reality.

And I'd bet that if one of the mods check the actual location of your IP, it won't be Tampa, FL

• Reply 166 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

1 iPhone

2 iPhone 3G

3 iPhone 3GS

4 iPhone 4

5 iPhone 4S

6 = 6th iPhone???

= Profit.

yeah it may be the 6th device , but it still be labled the iphone 5 . or maybe apple will go with the new iphone.

• Reply 167 of 369

Quote:

i wonder if the same out come in the us court ,would have been the same if it was held in japan.

i dont think so.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, seeing as how there are still patents up before the Tokyo court, including some of the one's Samsung was found to have infringed in the USA.

• Reply 168 of 369
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    andrey wrote: »
    Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone.

Why don't you tell us where Apple said that? In fact, Apple has specifically stated that they're happy with competition. They just want the competition to invent their own stuff rather than stealing Apple's. That is, Apple WANTS true competitors rather than copycats.
    andrey wrote: »
    More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in iphone5.

What an incredibly insane argument.....

So the key to Apple having a differentiated product is to sit idly by while all their competitors make near-exact copies of Apple's ground-breaking products.

And the converse is that if Apple protects its IP, it will no longer have any differentiation.

Amazing. They really need to teach critical thinking in schools.
    i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

let me know when you find the recipes for kfc , love that stuff.

And that was exactly the point that was being made. Patents expire after a fixed amount of time. Trade secrets do not. Two different IP protection schemes and each has its place.

But how in the world do you get from "Coke's recipe is secret" to "Samsung should be allowed to steal Apple's IP"? That's a huge leap of 'logic'.
    if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

You apparently forgot the articles about Samsung being fined at least $1 B for stealing Apple's IP. That is far more relevant than a self-serving statement from a convicted criminal organization.
    markussd wrote: »
    I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

So all you mindless trolls are now "his dog"?

The only people who are expressing negativity about Apple are:
    - thieves like Samsung
    - People who don't know better and believe what the thieves tell them
    - People who are incapable of creating things so they think it's OK to steal from others
    - People who are too cheap to buy quality products and therefore want the cheap clone makers to be able to steal all IP with impunity.

There is a huge number of people who are obviously OK with Apple - look at their sales figures.
    from wiki
    Google has publicly expressed its dislike for the current patent landscape in the United States,

Google has always had disdain for the patent landscape in the United States. You see, patent law prevents them from stealing every piece of IP in sight and they don't like it. (The only IP that Google thinks should be protected is their search algorithms). Read up on Google Books. It's not about patents, but it shows quite clearly what Google thinks of IP protection.

The trolls have gotten even sadder than usual. Almost makes you wish that googleguy hadn't gone into hiding after Samsung got creamed and his paycheck dried up. Not quite, but almost.
  • Reply 169 of 369
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member

i dont think so.

Why in the world would a US patent case be tried in Japan? It was a U.S. case involving U.S. law and U.S. Patents. And Apple won decisively.
  • Reply 170 of 369

Quote:

yeah it may be the 6th device , but it still be labled the iphone 5 . or maybe apple will go with the new iphone.

You replied to someone who stated "6th iPhone".

At the moment it's the Clint Eastwood in the role of the man without a name in the Good the Bad and the Ugly phone.

• Reply 171 of 369
    anonymouse wrote: »
    And I'd bet that if one of the mods check the actual location of your IP, it won't be Tampa, FL

He will disappoint you because you lost.
  • Reply 172 of 369

I've loved iPhones since my first 3G. I've loved every new model even as I gradually grew tired of iOS. I jailbroke my 4S just to get some of the excitement back and that worked for a time. Honestly, I can only remember 4 additional functions since the 3G that have changed the way I use my iPhone: notifications, folders, search and Siri. Everything else that's changed in each new iteration of iOS has been relatively minor and hasn't really impacted the way I use it. My iPhone has simply been a reliable gadget that helps me accomplish more in my day.... dull.... but reliable.

That's not good enough any more.

Yesterday I watched a hands on video of the Samsung Note 2, and it

blew

me

away.

Apple is about to have real problems if it doesn't shake up iOS. Given the same diet, day after day, everyone gets bored eventually.

If Apple can only win suits in the US they aren't going to stop Samsung or any of the others. Minor adjustments to the manufacturer's OS tweaks will get them around any bans and the money doesn't really matter to ANY of the parties involved.

• Reply 173 of 369

im not a samsung fanboy ive had 3 htc android phones ,and loved them ive also had every iphone , and they was ok but nothing stellar.

however i am a fan of the android os.

there is obviously alot of apple fans on here, which is understable it is an apple inspired site.

why worry what the big guns are fighting about just enjoy your tech and look forward to the next big thing .

theres always going to be compition and rival companys .

ps3 vs xbox 360 vs wii and so on

puma vs addidas

ford vs renault.

its all good in the end for the consumer as companies try harder to give us there best.

• Reply 174 of 369

All these patent infringement have  been a blessing for Samsung customers as well as for Apple customers.

For Samsung customers, it has caused Samsung to update their phones and will cause them to innovate and create new phones with better technology. Samsung has the talent to create.

For Apple customers: Now that Samsung has gotten off of its emulate mode, its new creations will force Apple to create new stuff with more features in order to stay on top.

Everyones a winner when it comes to Apple and Samsung customers.

• Reply 175 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dvoraak View Post

I've loved iPhones since my first 3G. I've loved every new model even as I gradually grew tired of iOS. I jailbroke my 4S just to get some of the excitement back and that worked for a time. Honestly, I can only remember 4 additional functions since the 3G that have changed the way I use my iPhone: notifications, folders, search and Siri. Everything else that's changed in each new iteration of iOS has been relatively minor and hasn't really impacted the way I use it. My iPhone has simply been a reliable gadget that helps me accomplish more in my day.... dull.... but reliable.

That's not good enough any more.

Yesterday I watched a hands on video of the Samsung Note 2, and it

blew

me

away.

Apple is about to have real problems if it doesn't shake up iOS. Given the same diet, day after day, everyone gets bored eventually.

If Apple can only win suits in the US they aren't going to stop Samsung or any of the others. Minor adjustments to the manufacturer's OS tweaks will get them around any bans and the money doesn't really matter to ANY of the parties involved.

thats how i felt when i had my iphones , got bored with them very quickly and felt uninspired .

i too jailbroke my iphones just to spark abit of new to them ,ive never hacked or modded any of my android devices, never felt the need to .

• Reply 176 of 369

Quote:

im not a samsung fanboy ive had 3 htc android phones ,and loved them ive also had every iphone , and they was ok but nothing stellar.

however i am a fan of the android os.

there is obviously alot of apple fans on here, which is understable it is an apple inspired site.

why worry what the big guns are fighting about just enjoy your tech and look forward to the next big thing .

theres always going to be compition and rival companys .

ps3 vs xbox 360 vs wii and so on

puma vs addidas

ford vs renault.

its all good in the end for the consumer as companies try harder to give us there best.

You can be a fan of the Android OS, it doesn't mean you have to be a fan of Samsung.

HTC is slowly being strangled by Samsung's dominance.

TouchWiz has won against Sense by having a closer mimicry of iOS.

• Reply 177 of 369

wow that samsung galaxy note 2 is huge . but nice looking close to the s3.

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/31/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-specs-comparison/

• Reply 178 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

You can be a fan of the Android OS, it doesn't mean you have to be a fan of Samsung.

HTC is slowly being strangled by Samsung's dominance.

TouchWiz has won against Sense by having a closer mimicry of iOS.

the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

• Reply 179 of 369

I love how all these people have suddenly changed tack, now we are on to the good old  "iOS is stale" routine.

Coming up next, screen size.

• Reply 180 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

Tell that to the jury and the court that just found that it is something like iOS, like a Billion dollars worth of "like iOS".