New video shows realistic mockup of fully-assembled iPhone 5 at IFA 2012

123457

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 159
    This is irrelevant. This is not what we're discussing.

    Okay. Go to a store. Pick up an AT&T iPhone 4. Squeeze it.


    Because it seems you've no interest in making any sort of sense. Buying a laptop stand does not changing the hardware make.

    I don't see why he would need to prove himself, a simple YouTube search shows Jon from techno buffalo describing the problem.


    Its possible that Apple changed the manufacturing process slightly to correct the problem on later models, but the way you keep debating with him you make it seem as if the problem didn't exist and people were just complaining to get free stuff.
  • Reply 122 of 159


    Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

    The change doesn't have to be in the phone, that was an illogical assumption on your behalf.


     


    Of course it does. The phone wasn't changed. The problem is gone. It was a software issue.

  • Reply 123 of 159
    I don't think he's coming back to admit to his bias for suggesting a $1k product as a solution for the loss of component video while failing to acknowledge that as a huge drawback and denying that the iPhone 4 had antenna issues despite overwhelming evidence of such issues.
  • Reply 124 of 159
    Of course it does. The phone wasn't changed. The problem is gone. It was a software issue.

    Apple disagrees with you. Mind to provide evidence of the software issue you're talking about?
  • Reply 125 of 159


    Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

    I don't think he's coming back to admit to his bias for suggesting a $1k product as a solution for the loss of component video while failing to acknowledge that as a huge drawback and denying that the iPhone 4 had antenna issues despite overwhelming evidence of such issues.


     


    I love this. It's drive-by forum posting. I first try to find the guy the cheapest solution that I can, he accuses me of vaporware and scams. Then I show him another solution, professional, that will do exactly what he's after, he complains it's expensive. Ah, what a day. image

  • Reply 126 of 159
    vaelian wrote: »
    I don't think he's coming back to admit to his bias for suggesting a $1k product as a solution for the loss of component video while failing to acknowledge that as a huge drawback and denying that the iPhone 4 had antenna issues despite overwhelming evidence of such issues.

    I love this. It's drive-by forum posting. I first try to find the guy the cheapest solution that I can, he accuses me of vaporware and scams. Then I show him another solution, professional, that will do exactly what he's after, he complains it's expensive. Ah, what a day. :lol:

    It's not my fault that you completely forget the context of the arguments you get yourself into. Read post #72 if you want to re-learn the reason why we ended up having this debate and you'll find out why you've never had a chance to win the argument. One of the very first things I stated in this thread was that the loss of the component / composite connectivity was a drawback, but you somehow thought that point was worth arguing...
  • Reply 127 of 159
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,611member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Of course it does. The phone wasn't changed. The problem is gone. It was a software issue.



     


    Then why is it still an issue with my wife's iPhone 4? Here are our phones, both running iOS 5.1.1.


     


     


      


     


     My wife's iPhone 4, open palm vs my wife's iPhone 4 with death grip (signal drops)


     


     


       


     


    My iPhone 4s with open palm vs my iPhone 4S with death grip (no changes in signal)

  • Reply 128 of 159
    ??????. ??? ?????? ????? ?? ?????
  • Reply 129 of 159
    ksecksec Posts: 1,568member
    The Signal issues were definately still there. I didn't notice until recently i decide to use the my iPhone without the casing. Too bad there were no compensation for that. ( Or did they gave out free bumpers ?? i forgot )



    Back to the Mockup, it can be bought online in china for less then 10 bucks....
  • Reply 130 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    Of course it does. The phone wasn't changed. The problem is gone. It was a software issue.

     

    How do you come up to that conclusion? It's a problem that exists when you hold an area that doesn't have sensors or touchscreen, how can such action create a software glitch?
  • Reply 131 of 159
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    vaelian wrote: »
    I'm so not excited by the next iPhone. There better be something technically interesting about it other than the taller screen, LTE, and new cameras or I won't be replacing my 4S. I'm really not looking forward to having all my cables and accessories rendered useless by the new dock, plus I'm concerned about the component video and analog audio output being ditched in the new connector.

    I don't really think it is meant to replace your 4s.

    But it is nice replacement for my 3Gs, or even my colleague's 4.

    Isn't 2 years reasonable time to hold on to a phone, especially good one?
  • Reply 132 of 159


    I think those rabid Apple fan boys who think Apple can do no wrong own huge AAPL stocks. And if AAPL goes down so do their investment. They include some people in the media. I think it is stated too that one of the jury in the Apple vs Samsung case has interest in AAPL or something. 

  • Reply 133 of 159

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by carmelapple View Post



    ??????. ??? ?????? ????? ?? ?????


     


    :) ???? ???

  • Reply 134 of 159
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I'd love it if the new phone that comes out looks nothing like this and all these rumor sites had major egg on their faces.

    But even if this is the new design I have no doubt that the finished product will have a fit and finish that none of these mockups have. And if this was legit wouldn't Apple be requesting these videos and pictures be taken down?
  • Reply 135 of 159
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member


    ??, ??? ????. ?? ????? ???.


     


    Yes, you can, It's too boring.


     


    ???????????? ?????????????????


     


    ?, ? ? ????. ?? ?? ?? ??.


     


    ??????????????


     


    ???? ????? ???. ???? ???? ???.


     


    ????????????????????


     


    Any other language scripts? Google Translate can help...


     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mac512 View Post


     


    :) ???? ???


  • Reply 137 of 159


    It's kind of hard to get worked up about this "mockup" after recalling just how "solid" the rumors where last year on the "iPhone 5", and just how wrong they were. You'd think case manufacturers would be a little gun-shy too after that. Sorry, but, at this point, there is no credible history of leaks when it comes to new iPhone designs.


     


    I'd say that, at best, there's a 50/50 chance this is what the next iPhone will look like, meaning there's at least a 50/50 chance it won't look anything, not even a bit, like this.

  • Reply 138 of 159


    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

    It's kind of hard to get worked up about this "mockup" after recalling just how "solid" the rumors where last year on the "iPhone 5", and just how wrong they were. 


     


    At least last year we HEARD about the "iPhone with an unchanged case". This year we've heard absolutely nothing about anything but this. Kind of like the iPhone 4.


     


    But on your point, I hope the iPad mini is this year's "completely changed design" we hear about but never receive.

  • Reply 139 of 159

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    At least last year we HEARD about the "iPhone with an unchanged case". This year we've heard absolutely nothing about anything but this. Kind of like the iPhone 4.



     


    Very little as I recall. Most of the rumor coverage was focused on the teardrop design and, like last year, case manufacturers were busy putting out cases based on it. It's possible to think the rumors are "better" this year, but, based on past history, it's a tossup as to whether there is any basis in reality, whether hard working hoaxers have been particularly successful, or whether Apple really has doubled down on security and this is all part of an elaborate misinformation campaign.


     


    We also know that Apple works on a lot of prototypes that never see the light of day, and it's entirely possible that all these rumors are based on one of those, which won't be the new iPhone, made it's way to the wild.


     


    I certainly wouldn't bet the bank on this particular design being "real".

  • Reply 140 of 159


    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    We also know that Apple works on a lot of prototypes that never see the light of day, and it's entirely possible that all these rumors are based on one of those, which won't be the new iPhone, made it's way to the wild.



     


    So dozens of parts from dozens of sources leaking something that Apple builds in Cupertino… 

Sign In or Register to comment.