Video claims to show revamped Apple in-ear headphones bound for next-gen iPhone

Comments

• Reply 41 of 79

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think their complaint comes from the overemphasis Dre's line of headphones puts on bass and bass alone.

And through my own biases, you can see where the "over-" prefix originates.

Lots of people like lots of bass. Nothing wrong with that. For example, I like my Eminem that way, but not, say, my jazz.

Adjust the 'EQ' and off you go....

• Reply 42 of 79

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
    Fake.

• Reply 43 of 79
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I'm quite happy with these ones:

These aren't the standard earbuds though. These are sold separately. I assume the ones in the article are purported to be the "new" standard ones, that come with iPhones, etc. 

They are great, but not tough enough. After these broke on me I bought a cheap pair of in-ear Senn ones and they've lasted the test of time.

• Reply 44 of 79

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
    Fake.

They are real, I say.

• Reply 45 of 79
    quadra 610 wrote: »

These aren't the standard earbuds though. These are sold separately. I assume the ones in the article are purported to be the "new" standard ones, that come with iPhones, etc. 

RE: Apple's "premium" in-ear canal buds, I agree. The stock ones fit okay but always feel like they're going to fall out, and sometimes do. I changed over to these years ago and love them. The medium size tip fits me the best and seals out much of the gym noise (I use them mainly on the machines and treadmill). My wife prefers the stock for fit.

The two big issues with buds are personal taste and the extreme variability of human ears. Ears have a very large number of features packed into a rather small area, and each feature is pretty much infinitely variable. This makes design of a perfect earpiece that satisfies everyone impossible. Only custom molds can come close, but by definition are not an off the shelf solution.
  • Reply 46 of 79

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Lots of people like lots of bass. Nothing wrong with that. For example, I like my Eminem that way, but not, say, my jazz.

Adjust the 'EQ' and off you go....

Oh, sure, and it absolutely depends on the music in question, but when the hardware is specifically tailored to only one genre, as so much hardware these days is for Rap and Friends, it becomes marginalized.

• Reply 47 of 79

"This video is private"

So what's the point of posting videos on YouTube if you aren't going to share them?

• Reply 48 of 79
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

"This video is private"  :-(

• Reply 49 of 79
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,218member

What's seamless about these earbuds? They most definitely have a visible seam. Every website running this story is mindlessly parroting a falsehood.

• Reply 50 of 79

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think their complaint comes from the overemphasis Dre's line of headphones puts on bass and bass alone.

And through my own biases, you can see where the "over-" prefix originates.

I prefer Senns myself. Balanced, not boomy.

• Reply 51 of 79

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I prefer Senns myself. Balanced, not boomy.

Ooh! They were going to be my first choice. I've been looking for Bluetooth headphones for my iPod nano for MONTHS and I think I've settled with Sennheiser. Shame there's nowhere you can actually go to hear this stuff. And hopefully whatever I choose works with the Dock Connector Bluetooth dongle I found… 

• Reply 52 of 79
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Let's hope that they leak less sound than the current ones do. Nothing worse than being stuck on a plane/train next to someone using Apple's bundled earphones and being able to hear all of their music.

They're not wearing them properly....

• Reply 53 of 79
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

These are (IMO of course) the best designed earbuds you can get.  

There are third party ones with as good a sound quality, but they are generally ugly, ugly, ugly. Most manufacturers seem to think that black is better than white and that the more chrome edges and doo-dads and flashes it has the better.  

Edit: I also have to agree with Ireland that they are not very durable though.  They are much better now, but the first versions used to fall apart after about 6 months of use. They also don't contain, nor make available for sale ... spare earpieces.  Very annoying considering how much they cost.

• Reply 54 of 79

These headphones actually have a pretty good about them if they're real - I'm surprised no one has ever thought to direct the audio directly into the ear canal before without having to resort to those horrible inner-ear headphones (that are actually really bad for your years).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Dr Dre has the best ear buds for an iPhone or iPod.

No he doesn't. He doesn't make any headphones at all. Beat headphones are not worth the money. They are just Monster Cable headphones with his stupid logo slapped on the front with the price hiked up.

Sennheiser, Sony and BOSE are the ones to go for - for the same price as a set of beats you get far better quality both in build and in audio output.

• Reply 55 of 79

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

When I get a new device with Apple ear buds, I just hand them to my daughter. I can't use the Apple ear buds at all.

Agreed.  The ones that come with the devices are pretty awful.  

I find this new design kind of worrisome for that reason.  The chief failing of the standard earbuds is that they just kind of rest in the ears and there is a HUGE amount of sound leakage.  You can always tell who has just got their first iPod on the train because they have some crappy rap song with the volume turned all the way up and you can hear every note from three seats away.  

This new set seems like it might make the problem far worse, in that the buds seem designed to similarly just hang in the ear, but now the main speaker (presumably the BASS speaker), is turned to the side.  On first blush, this would seem to greatly exacerbate sound leakage although I will reserve judgement until these are both real and actually for sale.  

• Reply 56 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Agreed.  The ones that come with the devices are pretty awful.  

I find this new design kind of worrisome for that reason.  The chief failing of the standard earbuds is that they just kind of rest in the ears and there is a HUGE amount of sound leakage.  You can always tell who has just got their first iPod on the train because they have some crappy rap song with the volume turned all the way up and you can hear every note from three seats away.  

This new set seems like it might make the problem far worse, in that the buds seem designed to similarly just hang in the ear, but now the main speaker (presumably the BASS speaker), is turned to the side.  On first blush, this would seem to greatly exacerbate sound leakage although I will reserve judgement until these are both real and actually for sale.  

It's worth pointing out that the hole in your ear in towards the front, so they may be onto something with this pointing the speaker forward behind the 'Tragus'. Only time will tell. They would be doing well to make them worse than the old buds, we'll see.

• Reply 57 of 79
    ?.....that are actually really bad for your years....

Yep, the older I get, the more generally I find that to be true......????
  • Reply 58 of 79
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I was never fond of Apple's standard white headphones, so it's about time that they finally decided to totally go with a new design.

In three months time, Samsung will be releasing headphones that look just like these, except theirs will be a slightly different color, and they might be 1 mm larger.

And these brain dead retards will come here and insist that Apple didn't invent the headphone and they will swear on their mother's graves that it is purely a coincidence that the new Samsung earbuds look 99.97% identical to Apple's new headphones.

On a lot of Apple's products, you'll see this:

Designed by Apple in California    Assembled in China

If certain Android makers were honest, we'd all see something like this from now on their products:

Designed by Apple in California    Ripped off in Korea     Assembled in Korea/China

• Reply 59 of 79
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post

No he doesn't. He doesn't make any headphones at all. Beat headphones are not worth the money. They are just Monster Cable headphones with his stupid logo slapped on the front with the price hiked up.

Sennheiser, Sony and BOSE are the ones to go for - for the same price as a set of beats you get far better quality both in build and in audio output.

Beats audio is just a cheap gimmick. Beats Audio was even included on the mega flop called the HP TouchPad!

• Reply 60 of 79

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's worth pointing out that the hole in your ear in towards the front, so they may be onto something with this pointing the speaker forward behind the 'Tragus'. Only time will tell. They would be doing well to make the worse than the old bugs, we'll see.

True.  I find it hard to envision just from these pictures anyway, but I'm sure if these are indeed an Apple design that it will likely be better than the previous iteration as always.