Online Apple Store, AT&T site both down as iPhone 5 pre-orders loom

Comments

• Reply 41 of 113
    Finished placing the order through Apple's website. ATT started taking orders at 2:55 A.M. EST ... however, the website crashed several times while I was using it and it could not complete the order ... I tried for a full 5-6 minutes until Apple's site tarted to take orders. My order for a Black 64GB iPhone 5 was complete on Apple's site in literally 3 minutes. ATT not only missed out on my business, but probably the business of thousands ... they suck!
  • Reply 42 of 113

Iphone store app was live right away, easy to use. 

• Reply 43 of 113

Done. No problems upgrading on AT&T's site.

• Reply 44 of 113

HA!

Guess what, the Apple Store app worked just fine.  Already got my confirmation email from Apple, took less than 5 minutes to complete!  DONE!

• Reply 45 of 113

Still can't get in form east coast to either apple or ATT... Apple store still showing offline for maintenance...

• Reply 46 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Just tried ordering through AT&T by going through my account. After showing a picture of the iPhone 5 and showing that my wife's line was eligible for an upgrade, I was given this error:

I had the same thing happen.  Neither Apple Store or AT&T's Big Event are going past the pre-midnight status for me ...

• Reply 47 of 113
    NOT SELLING UNLOCKED is the headline for your next story. I am pissed. If I'm willing to shell out over $1,000 for an unlocked iPhone why should I have to wait til later to be allowed to buy one that way?
  • Reply 48 of 113
    swssws Posts: 44member

Sprint keeps crashing and Apple is not up at all for me at 3:11am.

TAKE MY MONEY DAMIT!!!!

• Reply 49 of 113

I am getting we will be back still.  Why can't Apple ever get this preorder thing right.

• Reply 50 of 113

Same here... att and apple web site showing down. I was able to use the app with no problem though.

• Reply 51 of 113

Shift+F5

• Reply 52 of 113
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member

It's MUCH easier to just order from the Apple Store app. No waiting, no refreshing, and it's fast. Learned that the hard way back wit the iPhone 4.

Ordered my iPhone 5 with a few button clicks.

• Reply 53 of 113
    Ordered on iPad via the app store. Back to bed.
  • Reply 54 of 113

Use the Apple store app!! very fast do meow before everything crashes

• Reply 55 of 113

Got my order in. Just kept on hitting refresh starting about 11:59, but couldn't get through. Not sure if it made a difference, but I went into private mode on Safari to make sure that the website was loading and I wasn't just reloading a cached version. After going into private mode, it loaded first time.

• Reply 56 of 113

Hey everyone, I just ordered mine through the Apple Store app without any problems.  Already received my confirmation email.  Was having trouble with Apple Store and AT&T web sites.  Good Luck to everyone else, I'm heading back to bed.  Can't wait till next Friday.

• Reply 57 of 113

Just completed my order on the Apple Store.  Was relatively prompt.  

• Reply 58 of 113

Yes same here,

Online site is still out so I tried the Apple Store App a few clicks and I already have my conformation email

• Reply 59 of 113
    aiaaia Posts: 181member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

I had both windows open, but AT&T went live right on time so I went with them.

I just finished pre-ordering 2 unlocked phones from the Apple Store (Canada) - I couldn't decide which colour I liked best so I ordered 1 of each. The estimated delivery date shows as 9/21-9/25.

One thing I noticed - on the Accessories page, it says the following:

Additional Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Your iPhone includes a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightning connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office.

Is a 30-pin adapter really included, or is this an error? FWIW the "In the box" section does not list it as being included.
  • Reply 60 of 113
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

Just placed an order through Apple's website. Was also able to get 1 extra bonus point per dollar spent with my Chase CC. Score!! :)