Samsung takes aim at iPhone 5 in new print ad

18910111214»

Comments

• Reply 261 of 277
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Don't play dumb yourself. People are paid to lie on competitor's forums. I've seen it happen personally, HERE.

So you have seen the people being paid on this site? By whom, and to whom?
  • Reply 262 of 277
    salterra wrote: »
    That was not my claim. I said TODAY's charger works with the older iPod. It IS completely compatible. I should know, I own one. Who cares about the other end?

So his claim is still correct. One connector on the end that matters, the device. 

So you are claiming your current USB charger can charge a firewire only iPod? What model is your iPod? and the claim isn't correct, my iPod firewire charger won't charge my iPod classic, so it is a third connector, surely that is what matters?
  • Reply 263 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvout View Post

Someone else may have already said this, but if Android products (Samsung Galaxy S III) are so good, why do people not line up days in advance to buy them as they do for Apple idevices?

Some possibilities:

1. They're not desperate, attention seeking losers.

2. They're smart enough to preorder the phone.

3. They're not obsessed and realize it's just a phone.

• Reply 264 of 277
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Some possibilities:

1. They're not desperate, attention seeking losers.

2. They're smart enough to preorder the phone.

3. They're not obsessed and realize it's just a phone.

Other possibilities:

1. They're desperate, attention seeking losers and so queue where they'll be noticed, in the new iPhone queue outside an Apple store with the beautiful people.  They proceed to purchase a new iPhone.

2. They preorder knowing that there will be plenty to go around.

3. They realize that it is just a phone, just a phone.

• Reply 265 of 277

Don't you know that 30+ patients is not just rectangles?

• Reply 266 of 277

When they say the next big thing is here I think they mean big in size and as for big as of new technology they mean copied 

• Reply 267 of 277

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

So you have seen the people being paid on this site? By whom, and to whom?

Yes. By Samsung and Adobe, at the very least. To… the people that were posting. I don't see how what I said was unclear enough that you'd have to ask that.

Originally Posted by hackit View Post

Don't you know that 30+ patients is not just rectangles?

Originally Posted by hackit View Post

When they say the next big thing is here I think they mean big in size and as for big as of new technology they mean copied 

I wish this had grammar.

• Reply 268 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If you'd read the image, you'd know that it wasn't misleading.

Also, time isn't an excuse for anything there.

Tallest Skill your reply so silly, just want to point out something, decade means 10 years. Apple has been selling  phones for just on 5 years.

Please do not tell me to read the image again, because I did and thats why I said it was misleading.

Please as global moderator, stop cheap shots about grammar.

• Reply 269 of 277
    souliisoul wrote: »
    Tallest Skill your reply so silly, just want to point out something, decade means 10 years. Apple has been selling  phones for just on 5 years.
    Please do not tell me to read the image again, because I did and thats why I said it was misleading.

it's like giving a child the keys to a car.
  • Reply 270 of 277

Quote:

So you are claiming your current USB charger can charge a firewire only iPod? What model is your iPod? and the claim isn't correct, my iPod firewire charger won't charge my iPod classic, so it is a third connector, surely that is what matters?

Yes. The USB charger does charge the firewire iPod. I have a 1st generation iPod Mini that came with a firewire changer. I can charge the mini with any charger shipped with iPad 3 , iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone3, iPhone, iPod Photo, iPod nano 3rd gen, iPod nano 4th gen, iPod touch 3rd gen and iPod touch 4th gen. All of these chargers will charge my iPod Mini 1st generation. I know, I have tried them all.

So going all the way back to the 1st generation iPod mini, 1 single connector. March of 2002 Apple introduced the connector that lasted until the most recent device. You have to go back the very first iPod in Oct of 2001 to find a different connector that is not compatible with todays chargers. The first iPod has a firewire port on the device.

That makes 10 years with 1 connector.

You are correct, your firewire charger will not charge USB designed devices.

• Reply 271 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Big assed phone... big battery... means heavier phone... did I mention big assed phone?

"Smart Stay"... does this have anything to do with the big assed phone getting stuck in your pocket?

"Mama, that man over there is talking to his crotch? Now he's hollering at his privates?!" 

"Shhhh, Suzie, don't look at him and keep walking. I'll watch for a policeman."

ROFLMAO macky! its particularly funny to me as I'm visioning a co-worker who recently was telling me his story of this actually happening to him with his S3!

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words" but hey who needs one when we have our imagination!! Bahahaha

• Reply 272 of 277

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

It was not a 'cheap shot' at anything; I specifically said "phones, PMPs, and tablets" in the image. That covers all products of Apple's that use the Dock Connector or Lightning. 

If anything, it's possible, then, to further expand the Samsung image to include their PMPs and tablets, but I don't care enough about them to find all the other adapters for the hundreds of other products they've put out in the last decade.

• Reply 273 of 277
    Yes. By Samsung and Adobe, at the very least. To… the people that were posting. I don't see how what I said was unclear enough that you'd have to ask that.

You have proof of this?
  • Reply 274 of 277

Yes. The USB charger does charge the firewire iPod. I have a 1st generation iPod Mini that came with a firewire changer. I can charge the mini with any charger shipped with iPad 3 , iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone3, iPhone, iPod Photo, iPod nano 3rd gen, iPod nano 4th gen, iPod touch 3rd gen and iPod touch 4th gen. All of these chargers will charge my iPod Mini 1st generation. I know, I have tried them all.

You seem to be mistaken, an iPod mini is not a firewire only based iPod, it was release some three years after the original iPods, I am referring to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation iPods. The 4rd Gen iPod, and the iPod mini were the first to introduce USB charging, these were both released in 2004

So going all the way back to the 1st generation iPod mini, 1 single connector. March of 2002 Apple introduced the connector that lasted until the most recent device. You have to go back the very first iPod in Oct of 2001 to find a different connector that is not compatible with todays chargers. The first iPod has a firewire port on the device.

The Mini was released in 2004. The 3rd gen was in 2003, this model only charged with firewire, this is under 10 years ago.
    That makes 10 years with 1 connector.

No, that is only 8
    You are correct, your firewire charger will not charge USB designed devices.

No, I said your USB charger will not charge a firewire only iPod. Making three connectors.
  • Reply 275 of 277

You have proof of this?

… Yeah.

• Reply 276 of 277
    … Yeah.

Excellent, back up your claim then
  • Reply 277 of 277

Just, watched the Samsung commercial.  And Jesus tap dancing Christ, its the same old bs.  They really are trying too hard.