Apple's iPhone 5 is "fastest smartphone in the land"

Comments

• Reply 21 of 186

This is EPIC!

Puriya Yazdanfard  44 minutes ago

• ?

•  

This article is plain wrong the galaxy S3 is faster.... Check out the benchmarks. At least for the international version

•  

Therealestmc  12 minutes ago  parent

•  

•  

That's a shame, though. Let's say the International is a bit faster than the A6, but you have to remember we are talking about a quad core cpu vs a dual core. The difference should be huge. The GPU in the A6 is three times more power than the closest android device.

• Reply 22 of 186

IT'S OVER. APPLE IS FINISHED. THE SCREENS ARE YELLOW. HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER FROM THIS FAILURE.

Oh, wait. Happens every year, and only for a few days.

• Reply 23 of 186
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"Benchmarks don't matter to you Appletards, right?"

—The Anti-Apple Brigade, upon reading this

But...  Buttt......  Uhhh.  Hmmm.  Well I guess thats acceptable.  I still think its a disastrously fast phone.  LOL. 

Just kidding.

• Reply 24 of 186
    And 200% faster than the iPod touch 4....
  • Reply 25 of 186

while this is nice... it doesn't really matter.  Its a better phone overall than something like the galaxy S3 even if it was slower in most benchmarks.

• Reply 26 of 186
    Enjoy all the power with a phone that comes with the cosmetic damage already started for you and with maps that are more than a bit wonky.

I'll stick with my 4 and 5.1.1 until you ultra-fanboys get all the kinks worked out.
  • Reply 27 of 186
    runbuh wrote: »
    Enjoy all the power with a phone that comes with the cosmetic damage already started for you and with maps that are more than a bit wonky.
    I'll stick with my 4 and 5.1.1 until you ultra-fanboys get all the kinks worked out.

You mean the people that read this site and have already bought a new iPhone or the 5-8 million (est.) average people who have bought and are buying an iPhone this weekend?
  • Reply 28 of 186

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You mean the people that read this site and have already bought a new iPhone or the 5-8 million (est.) average people who have bought and are buying an iPhone this weekend?

Yep.  Please - work out all the kinks for the rest of us.  Apple has done a great job getting you signed up as perennial beta testers.  Get iOS 6 fixed and I'll buy from the 3rd major production cycle once the scratching gets figured out.  It's going to be a great phone.

• Reply 29 of 186

Originally Posted by run buh View Post

…I'll buy from the 3rd major production cycle…

Enjoy denying yourself a device for six months for no reason beyond irrational fears.

• Reply 30 of 186

Quote:

Enjoy denying yourself a device for six months for no reason beyond irrational fears.

What fear?  I just don't like paying top dollar for a phone that doesn't work as well as it should -- and I don't like getting lost.

• Reply 31 of 186
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    <p style="border:0px;line-height:22px;font-family:inherit;">This article is plain wrong the galaxy S3 is faster.... Check out the benchmarks. At least for the international version</p>

Feel free to provide data from a neutral source. And make sure that they run the Android device and iPhone under identical conditions as PC Mag did.
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/152797/apples-iphone-5-is-fastest-smartphone-in-the-land#post_2195777"]
    If their devices weren't such shit, they wouldn't have to worry about changing any batteries. 

I have to laugh. One of the carriers here offers 4 free battery replacements per year. Why in the world would you need to replace the battery 4 times a year? Did it not occur to them to just use decent quality batteries in the first place?
    tooltalk wrote: »
    GS III JB (pre-release) already produced better geekbench results (clearly indicating that it's not a raw cpu performance issue); Note II, to be released in mid-Novemeber, is also known to perform much better than GS III (hence Note II > iPhone 5).  Samsung makes over 20+ smartphone models for the US market; some with much shorter product release cycle.  Furthermore, my understanding is that Apple routinely underc-locks Ax chips to conserve battery life - and this is where Samsung Galaxy S2 falls short -, so clearly Apple is not necessarily interested in this mindless spec race.

Well, enjoy your 15-minutes. *yawn* bye.

Let us know when your mythical phone comes out - and it is benchmarked by a neutral source rather than optimized numbers posted by fandroids - and then compared to an iPhone which has 100 apps open.
  • Reply 32 of 186
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    what should be obviuous (and i did see that great .drop test. vid too) is that the iP5 is one of the most superbly engineered consumer products ever in history. the lightness of being, the ruggedness of construction, the raw power, and of course the drop dead beauty of design.

you actually fondle it. it will become an icon of the age.
  • Reply 33 of 186

Originally Posted by run buh View Post

…and I don't like getting lost.

So you never left the house before Internet-based mapping services were invented?

• Reply 34 of 186
    runbuh wrote: »
    and I don't like getting lost.

Based on your comments you've been lost for a long time.
  • Reply 35 of 186

Quote:

So you never left the house before Internet-based mapping services were invented?

I upgraded my wife's 4 to iOS 6 and left mine at 5.1.1.  I went outside to get decent GPS signals, brought up the maps app on both, and had both phones plot directions to the local mall.  iOS 6/Apple maps routed the course via roads that no longer exist, iOS 5.1.1 routed me via roads that exist.  I didn't find that acceptable.  Dick.

• Reply 36 of 186

Originally Posted by runbuh View Post

I upgraded my wife's 4 to iOS 6 and left mine at 5.1.1.  I went outside to get decent GPS signals, brought up the maps app on both, and had both phones plot directions to the local mall.  iOS 6/Apple maps routed the course via roads that no longer exist, iOS 5.1.1 routed me via roads that exist.  I didn't find that acceptable.  Dick.

Paging Mr. Applebaum… Mr. Applebaum, you have a post on line 2. 

• Reply 37 of 186

Quote:

I upgraded my wife's 4 to iOS 6 and left mine at 5.1.1.  I went outside to get decent GPS signals, brought up the maps app on both, and had both phones plot directions to the local mall.  iOS 6/Apple maps routed the course via roads that no longer exist, iOS 5.1.1 routed me via roads that exist.  I didn't find that acceptable.

• Reply 38 of 186

Quote:

Originally Posted by runbuh View Post

I upgraded my wife's 4 to iOS 6 and left mine at 5.1.1.  I went outside to get decent GPS signals, brought up the maps app on both, and had both phones plot directions to the local mall.  iOS 6/Apple maps routed the course via roads that no longer exist, iOS 5.1.1 routed me via roads that exist.  I didn't find that acceptable.

Well - I don't find the iOS 6 routing acceptable.

• Reply 39 of 186

Apple dual-core kicks sand in the face of an Android quad-core. Yep, us iSheep are just hypnotized by marketing.

I heard the next GSIV will have a 5" screen. The screen will be increased for the user experience. Not so they can house a monster battery, a replaceable graphics card and cooling fans so it can run for at least 5 minutes. Just you wait iSheep, the GSIV will destroy iPhone 5.

• Reply 40 of 186
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And what about that drop test video made by a site called "Android Authority"? The Galaxy S3 got crushed by the iPhone! image Today is not a good day to be a Fandroid. image

This one:-

$300 for a screen replacement, Samsung have got to be kidding themselves.