Nokia commercial slams iPhone 5's lack of color

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

And, there's no way to know that the phone Engadget was allowed to handle is the same as the phones Nokia will eventually ship. In this instance, one has to consider that Nokia hasn't had any qualms previously with engaging in deception, and this "prototype" phone may have components that the production models will not.

If you think that Nokia would create a new, higher spec camera phone just to deceive Engadget then you really have no clue about the process of creating a smartphone. The cost of creating such a piece of custom silicon and software would be enormous.

Yes, Nokia's marketing team got caught out faking shots for a promotional video. That's easy to do with a whole different camera and time to do post-processing. With a phone in a journalist's hard, it's impossible. Faking and creative editing is widespread in marketing circles sadly.

• Reply 82 of 92
    mocsegmocseg Posts: 86member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

A dying smartphone company slams the most successful smartphone company in the world for making a product that, in their opinion, is not good enough. Interesting marketing strategy.

Actually Nokia is still No.3 by smartphones market share 2012 q2.

• Reply 83 of 92
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    I love my iPhone- wouldn't own anything else as lo as its a choice. But- the new Nokia phone is the best phone out there in terms of design, appearance (if its black- colors are awful), and features. The phone is truly inventive and awesome. Windows 8- no thanks.

With tha being said- what do they do with that amazing phone? Show it for 2 seconds and advertise against apple the other 53. Brilliant! /s
  • Reply 84 of 92
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    That's like Kia slamming a Mercedes.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    I like the ad, even though I didn't watch it with sound on.
    I think that Apple definitely should add color to the iPhone lineup, and that even if a black iPhone is beautiful, having only black and white phones in the market is a kind of depressing. Nokia brings some color, and that's good.
  • Reply 86 of 92
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Moronic. MSFT must have forced Nokia to use their lame marketing firm. They have no clue what branding or differentiation even mean.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    axualaxual Posts: 244member
    Guess they aren't aware of iPhone cases ... you know, the one's that come in dozens of colors and designs?
  • Reply 88 of 92
    LL

Perfect!
  • Reply 89 of 92
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Quote:

Originally Posted by axual View Post

Guess they aren't aware of iPhone cases ... you know, the one's that come in dozens of colors and designs?

As if a case is the same thing as a colored phone.

Reality distortion field ON

• Reply 90 of 92

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

As if a case is the same thing as a colored phone.

Interesting, no comment on the fact that they have no features other than case color to advertise?

• Reply 91 of 92
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I guess this is what you have to do when your device and platform doesn't have any inherent redeeming qualities.

Basically. Like Samsung they have nothing really amazing to talk about so they focus on dissing the other side. Giving more attention to said side than themselves. 

• Reply 92 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Basically. Like Samsung they have nothing really amazing to talk about so they focus on dissing the other side. Giving more attention to said side than themselves. 

And making that half of the commercial BETTER than their own side! I really liked the music and tone of the first half of this thing. The second half had terrible music and didn't get their point across anywhere near as well as it should have. The WORLD should have been colored, as with all the people.