Apple posts new notice saying Samsung didn't copy iPad on UK website

Comments

• Reply 101 of 188
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

Quote:

Originally Posted by malo View Post

This is really a ridiculous requirement by the High Court of Englad; it's quite obvious that Samsung is a imitator and copied Apple! To suggest otherwise tells us all, how envious people are of Apple.

Where's the chalk board, "I will not state Samsung copied Apple, when they really did copy Apple."

A third party who is independent (the courts no less) from this entire issue declares a verdict and you, who is obviously biased, dont agree with the terms? 

Say it aint so!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

This cracks me up. This is a minor issue yet we're at 81 comments.

Meanwhile, the more significant news about the A6X processor and how fast it is (the fastest SoC in the world) has barely cracked 20 comments.

I guess the trolls don't want to spend time dicussing FACTS (like how the Nexus 10 gets its a$$ handed to it by the A6X) when they can argue opinions for hours on end about how bad Apple is or how they're "losing" in court.

Dont you need to be spewing about user interface and ecosystem rather than specifications?

I thought specs were "not important" (direct quote from another Apple fan). Apparently, with your admission, it IS important.

Please stick with the same logic as your other compatriots.

• Reply 102 of 188
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    The court ruling only addresses patent infringement, which is a more specific issue than copying. The court is also requiring a "public statement" about the ruling, which Apple-haters gleefully misconstrue as punitive or corrective. It's neither, however. The UK Court is essentially speaking through Apple's website.

Perhaps if Apple had previous statements on their web site indication Samsung infringed, you would have a point. Since you can't find Apple maki g such statements outside of the courts, this requirement is nothing but punitive. Since the only place Apple made any claims was in the courts record, the courts published ruling is certainly sufficient to refute any claim made by Apple.
  • Reply 103 of 188
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

I guess the trolls don't want to spend time dicussing FACTS (like how the Nexus 10 gets its a$$ handed to it by the A6X) when they can argue opinions for hours on end about how bad Apple is or how they're "losing" in court.

Yep, that new Nexus tablet is garbage! image

Some paper spec loving, clueless and dumb as crap Fandroids were boasting about it before it got released, but now that it's released, it did indeed get it's ass handed to it, when compared to the iPad. Reading those Anandtech comparisons and charts are just embarrassing and cringe worthy! image Now, I notice that some tinfoil hat wearing Fandroids and delusional asshats are accusing Anandtech of being involved in some sort of conspiracy. image

iPad = better specs, faster, better looking, better built, better materials, better battery, better OS, better apps, more apps, more updates, better in virtually every imaginable category.

• Reply 104 of 188

As for the topic in this thread, who gives a shit really?

Everybody knows that Samsung's tablets are cheap ripoffs and copies of the iPad. They would have never even existed if the iPad were not first released. Some wig wearing, ridiculous looking UK judge is not going to change that fact. 

• Reply 105 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wovel View Post

Perhaps if Apple had previous statements on their web site indication Samsung infringed, you would have a point. Since you can't find Apple maki g such statements outside of the courts, this requirement is nothing but punitive. Since the only place Apple made any claims was in the courts record, the courts published ruling is certainly sufficient to refute any claim made by Apple.

If you think it's punitive, what "wrong" does this action supposedly punish?

• Reply 106 of 188
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

The whole thing with this judge is STUPID.  The judge is probably a heavy drinker and doesn't use sound judgement.

• Reply 107 of 188
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

The funniest part? Apple added javascript to their page that ensures, no matter what screen size or resolution you are using, the link and the text on the main page will be below the bottom of your display. You are forced to scroll if you want to see it. Genuis.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/11/03/apple-hides-samsung-apology-on-its-uk-site-so-it-cant-be-seen-without-scrolling/

Coincidence perhaps. That behavior of the iPad mini ad taking up as much screen space as possible is the same other Apple sites. I'm viewing the Latin America site and it does the exact same thing but obviously there is no legal comment on that page.

• Reply 108 of 188
    maltamalta Posts: 78member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Reading those Anandtech comparisons and charts are just embarrassing and cringe worthy!

Yep, you are right… no wait the other thing, wrong and annoying as usual.

“Overall, the Nexus 10 results show us some real promise for what we can expect from ARM Cortex A15 based SoCs. The potential upside to this new architecture is huge.”  -anandtech.com

• Reply 109 of 188
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mstone wrote: »
    Coincidence perhaps. That behavior of the iPad mini ad taking up as much screen space as possible is the same other Apple sites. I'm viewing the Latin America site and it does the exact same thing but obviously there is no legal comment on that page.

I don't think coincidence can be ruled out but I also think 1) they thought of the idea but then said "we should be done that anyway to help showcase our latest product" and therefore enabled it across most country's pages, or 2) they thought of the idea but then wanted plausible deniably about the timing so they said "we should do it across most country's sites instead of just the UK site so it appears coincidental and not a deliberate act of obscuring the judges message."
  • Reply 110 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

You live in a country (judging by your spelling) that executes the mentally ill. I don't think you're in any position to judge a foreign legal system as "backward".

Your judges wear wigs and these laws are still on record in the UK...  Try to lighten up.

"Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliaments.

In York it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow upon seeing one, except for on Sundays. Similarly in Chester it is legal to shoot a Welsh person with a crossbow, as long as it is within the city walls and is done after midnight.

Placing a postage stamp bearing the Queen’s head upside down on an envelope is considered as act of treason.

It is illegal to gamble or use abusive or obscene language in a library.

Beating or shaking carpets, mats or rugs is illegal. Doormats may be beaten, but not after eight in the morning.

The Licensing Act of 1872 explains that operating a cow, horse or steam engine while intoxicated carries either a prison sentence or a fine."

• Reply 111 of 188
    malta wrote: »

Yep, you are right… no wait the other thing, wrong and annoying as usual.

“Overall, the Nexus 10 results show us some real promise for what we can expect from ARM Cortex A15 based SoCs. The potential upside to this new architecture is huge.”  -anandtech.com

[images]

Do you like Apples?

700 700

700 700

700 700

• Reply 112 of 188

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Do you like Apples?

I love how browser "benchmarks" are the only ones in which Apple isn't leagues faster than absolutely everything else on the market, and so the trolls latch onto them as though they mean anything at all. 

• Reply 113 of 188
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeJay2012 View Post

Your judges wear wigs and these laws are still on record in the UK...  Try to lighten up.

"Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliaments.

In York it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow upon seeing one, except for on Sundays. Similarly in Chester it is legal to shoot a Welsh person with a crossbow, as long as it is within the city walls and is done after midnight.

Placing a postage stamp bearing the Queen’s head upside down on an envelope is considered as act of treason.

It is illegal to gamble or use abusive or obscene language in a library.

Beating or shaking carpets, mats or rugs is illegal. Doormats may be beaten, but not after eight in the morning.

The Licensing Act of 1872 explains that operating a cow, horse or steam engine while intoxicated carries either a prison sentence or a fine."

1) The reasoning for that is simple: The Palace of Westminster is a Royal Palace, and anyone who dies in a Royal Palace is entitled to a state funeral. Anyone that does die in the Palace of Westminster is taken to (and declared dead at) St Thomas' Hospital.

2) No comment :)

3) And so is tearing a note where the Queen's head is. There's nothing ridiculous about it, at least for the time the laws were put into place.

4) How does that even class a ridiculous law?

5) No comment :)

6) In the same way that driving a car while intoxicated carries either a prison sentence or a fine?

Just to clear that up.

• Reply 114 of 188
    reefoidreefoid Posts: 158member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wovel View Post

False.  Apple made the following company statement outside of court after the initial judgement ruled Samsung did not infringe:

Quote:

It's no coincidence that Samsung's latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad. This kind of blatant copying is wrong and, as we've said many times before, we need to protect Apple's intellectual property

• Reply 115 of 188
    I love how browser "benchmarks" are the only ones in which Apple isn't leagues faster than absolutely everything else on the market, and so the trolls latch onto them as though they mean anything at all. 

It's great that he quotes...

“Overall, the Nexus 10 results show us some real promise for what we can expect from ARM Cortex A15 based SoCs. The potential upside to this new architecture is huge.”

But let's look at what that statement is saying. It's not saying the Nexus 10 is great. It's all about potential and promise from ARM's Cortex A15.

Now compare that to Anand's closing statements about the iPad (4)...

"Ultimately it looks like the A6X is the SoC that the iPad needed to really deliver good gaming performance at its native resolution. I would not be surprised to see more game developers default to 2048 x 1536 on the new iPad rather than picking a lower resolution and enabling anti-aliasing. The bar has been set for this generation and we've seen what ARM's latest GPU can do, now the question is whether or not NVIDIA will finally be able to challenge Imagination Technologies when it releases Wayne/Tegra 4 next year."
  • Reply 116 of 188

Originally Posted by TeeJay2012 View Post

Hey, in my state if an underage female takes off her shoes and socks while sitting in my vehicle's passenger seat, I can be charged with statutory rape! image

Everywhere has those fun crazy laws. It's the ones that they take seriously that are often the most dangerous. 

• Reply 117 of 188
    Hey, in my state if an underage female takes off her shoes and socks while sitting in my vehicle's passenger seat, I can be charged with statutory rape! :lol:

Everywhere has those fun crazy laws. It's the ones that they take seriously that are often the most dangerous. 

Only in the passenger seat? In that case only place naked children on your lap while driving. Problem solved¡
  • Reply 118 of 188

In that case only place naked children on your lap while driving. Problem solved¡

I'd quote this if my signature wasn't already being used for something else.

And, you know, other reasons.

• Reply 119 of 188

Quote:

It's great that he quotes...

“Overall, the Nexus 10 results show us some real promise for what we can expect from ARM Cortex A15 based SoCs. The potential upside to this new architecture is huge.”

But let's look at what that statement is saying. It's not saying the Nexus 10 is great. It's all about potential and promise from ARM's Cortex A15.

Now compare that to Anand's closing statements about the iPad (4)...

"Ultimately it looks like the A6X is the SoC that the iPad needed to really deliver good gaming performance at its native resolution. I would not be surprised to see more game developers default to 2048 x 1536 on the new iPad rather than picking a lower resolution and enabling anti-aliasing. The bar has been set for this generation and we've seen what ARM's latest GPU can do, now the question is whether or not NVIDIA will finally be able to challenge Imagination Technologies when it releases Wayne/Tegra 4 next year."

Some people liked to say that WebOS had great potential. image Where are they today?

Who cares about potential? What matters is the here and now. Fandroids always have to look into the future, praying and hoping for better times, while waiting for some messiah or miracle to come and save the day. Some religions have been waiting on their messiah for thousands of years. The Fandroid religion will be waiting even longer for theirs.

• Reply 120 of 188

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hey, in my state if an underage female takes off her shoes and socks while sitting in my vehicle's passenger seat, I can be charged with statutory rape! image

What happens if it's the middle of the summer, 100 degrees outside and you're driving some kids to the beach and they're wearing sandals or no shoes at all? image