Rumor: Alleged cheaper iPhone may feature U.S.-made chassis with "see-through" design

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Do you have any sort of cognitive problem?

Do you see a 450 € 2 year old phone (4) where most people earn 500 to 1000€ per month as "cheap"?

Anyway, I don't like this idea. Apple's "problem" is related with screen size (they would sell a lot of 5 inch phones) and stupid people that think that the iphone is less powerful than most other phones because it is dual core. Basically that's it.

Americans don't understand that free on contract is not free. 

• Reply 82 of 87

Right, and they'll remove it when it's no longer iOS. But it's gonna be iOS for a good long while.

There's a reason the BlackBerry Storm and Storm 2 sucked so many metaphorical eggs. And it was basically that.

Not iOS. Different story. You can't assign that swipe to that function; it breaks every app ever made.

Again, breaks apps.

And I specifically stated those gestures lock up when an app locks up. So you HAVE to have a hardware "out".

Which doesn't take you out of the app, so it solves nothing. I suppose if you want to forcibly shut your device down every time an app hangs, that's one way of doing it.

It's the Windows 98 way, but it's a way.
    The home button will always be there in some way yet many problems may arise.
  • Reply 83 of 87

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Americans don't understand that free on contract is not free. 

Same here in Canada.  It's depressing how shocked people are when they find out how the cell industry works...

"What?? It costs $700 to replace? But I only paid $150!!"

Or even worse, people who buy contract-free phones but end up staying with the same carrier for years anyways (note to those not from North America: we pay the same monthly rate whether we get a phone out of it or not).  $550 subsidy over 36 months = $15.28 a month you're giving the carrier for no reason!

• Reply 84 of 87
    Why is this a bad thing? I'm really not understanding everyone's opposition to the idea. Apple will always have loyal customers who have bought their products over the years. But, there's definitely a more main-stream public need for a cheaper iPhone. Lesser quality would be necessary, but that doesn't mean it has to be cheap crap, just more accessible by people who can't afford to dish out a good amount of money (a lot of money for lots of people) for a smartphone if they'd prefer it be an Apple product. Yes there are much cheaper products out there by other brands, but why let those companies get all the business just because people instantly think they need something cheaper above their choice of brand. I think if Apple released a less expensive iPhone, it would be beneficial for the company in a few respects.
  • Reply 85 of 87

Originally Posted by AWest23 View Post

But, there's definitely a more main-stream public need for a cheaper iPhone. 

Why? Where? Who? The "mainstream" has already said they want the iPhone as-is.

…people who can't afford to dish out a good amount of money (a lot of money for lots of people) for a smartphone if they'd prefer it be an Apple product.

Ever think that Apple doesn't cater to the bargain bin crowd on purpose?

• Reply 86 of 87

Thanks for the reply, but was the condescension necessary? I'm new to this site.. jeez.

• Reply 87 of 87

Originally Posted by AWest23 View Post

Thanks for the reply, but was the condescension necessary? I'm new to this site.. jeez.

What condescension? These are questions that just aren't being answered by anyone claiming Apple "needs" a cheaper phone.