Samsung to take on Apple's iPad mini with 8-inch Galaxy Note

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    I'm curious what you use a Mini for that another model wouldn't work better for?

I keep a mini under the TV. I hardly ever watch TV but do like to download some old series from time to time and that way I leave the mini on and turn off my Mac Pro when not in use. I'm into photography and when I want to upload a whole days' worth I use the SD slot on the back of the mini. Even without looking it goes in really easy and I suspect that will be the same with the iMac.
  • Reply 102 of 105
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I keep a mini under the TV. I hardly ever watch TV but do like to download some old series from time to time and that way I leave the mini on and turn off my Mac Pro when not in use. I'm into photography and when I want to upload a whole days' worth I use the SD slot on the back of the mini. Even without looking it goes in really easy and I suspect that will be the same with the iMac.

I hate the fact that the iPad doesn't include a Mini SD card just for that purpose, dongles and adapters suck. Plus the lack of external HDD support and a file-manager adds to my frustrations, my Canon 5D take very large pictures and it would be nice to able to offload the pics somewhere else other then the tablet. Could I use a wireless HDD and the Canon Wireless Transmitter at the same time? Maybe that  is a solution.

• Reply 103 of 105
    relic wrote: »
    I hate the fact that the iPad doesn't include a Mini SD card just for that purpose, dongles and adapters suck. Plus the lack of external HDD support and a file-manager adds to my frustrations, my Canon 5D take very large pictures and it would be nice to able to offload the pics somewhere else other then the tablet. Could I use a wireless HDD and the Canon Wireless Transmitter at the same time? Maybe that  is a solution.

I don't like dongles either, but am not bothered by the lack of a SD slot on the iPad. Sometimes I use the CCK, sometimes I transfer wireless.

http://www.eye.fi

But your already set, with a device for every need.
  • Reply 104 of 105
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I don't like dongles either, but am not bothered by the lack of a SD slot on the iPad. Sometimes I use the CCK, sometimes I transfer wireless.

http://www.eye.fi

But your already set, with a device for every need.

Oh that's to cool for school, at 40 bucks its not to bad either. I wonder if it can handle RAW.

• Reply 105 of 105
    relic wrote: »
    Oh that's to cool for school, at 40 bucks its not to bad either. I wonder if it can handle RAW.

The Pro version does, but going over WiFi (peer to peer OR through a AP) is slow. Works, but slow. That's why I set my D7000 to shoot RAW in slot 1 and put the jpg on the card in slot 2.