Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung

Comments

• Reply 21 of 106
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So Apple has NOTHING but GOOD things said about them in the media? Are you serious?

Stop playing dumb.

Citation needed.

you have now deleted 2 of my posts ...explain why?????? They are on Google cache!!!!

• Reply 22 of 106
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Maybe they should start competing, then, instead of stealing.

You can't steal IP
  • Reply 23 of 106

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

you have now deleted 2 of my posts ...explain why?????? They are on Google cache!!!!

Honestly? To save you the embarrassment of having something so mind-bogglingly dense and wrong visible publicly. I'd think you'd want at least some people to be able to believe the things you say.

Secondarily because it was just blatant lies, flying in the face of all common sense. We're sick of this trolling nonsense.

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

You can't steal IP

Fine, Samsung "borrowed it without intention of returning or giving payment". However you want to spin it.

• Reply 24 of 106

Quote:

Honestly? To save you the embarrassment of having something so mind-bogglingly dense and wrong visible publicly. I'd think you'd want at least some people to be able to believe the things you say.

Secondarily because it was just blatant lies, flying in the face of all common sense. We're sick of this trolling nonsense.

Fine, Samsung "borrowed it without intention of returning or giving payment". However you want to spin it.

then where are they? I have posted twice and they are both gone!

You are calling me a troll?? Back that up with proof!

• Reply 25 of 106

Quote:

you admit to deleting posts that disagree with you? You have not denied deleting my responses to you huh? Your a "moderator" adminstrator...deleting post that prove you wrong!

• Reply 26 of 106
    I only hope apple would put more effort in innovation rather than litigation
  • Reply 27 of 106
    pokepoke Posts: 506member

Quote:

Oh, they can certainly win it. They would be in the media if people would stop being paid by other companies to suppress the truth. 

No, I don't have any proof of that. But YOU (not you, poke, third-person plural 'you') come up with a better explanation for the negative spin that has flown in the face of established fact ever since this crap started.

What I mean is the "thermonuclear" quote makes it seem as if Apple has to "destroy Android" in order to win. There have been many articles claiming Apple isn't winning because you can still buy Samsung phones. It's nonsense and the "thermonuclear" quote plays into it. There's no evidence that Apple sued Samsung because Steve Jobs threw a tantrum one day when Isaacson was interviewing him (and given the general quality of Isaacson's book I'm not even sure that happened the way people think), but that's the impression you'd get from reading about it in the media. There's ample evidence that they sued with the specific goal of getting good licensing terms and, if you take that to be their goal, they were successful in their settlement with HTC (whereas the "thermonuclear" crowd thinks they failed because HTC still exists). But none of that stuff is mentioned in these articles. The "thermonuclear" narrative is accepted by detractors and supporters.

• Reply 28 of 106
    That must suck for Tim Cook - inheriting a war he didn't want to fight. With his unabashed love for Jobs, Cook will fight Samsung to the bitter end, or at least to the logical end.
  • Reply 28 of 106
    [deleted]
  • Reply 30 of 106
    geekdad wrote: »
    then where are they? I have posted twice and they are both gone!
    You are calling me a troll?? Back that up with proof!

^^^ those can be found here
  • Reply 31 of 106

Quote:

Originally Posted by poke View Post

What I mean is the "thermonuclear" quote makes it seem as if Apple has to "destroy Android" in order to win. There have been many articles claiming Apple isn't winning because you can still buy Samsung phones. It's nonsense and the "thermonuclear" quote plays into it. There's no evidence that Apple sued Samsung because Steve Jobs threw a tantrum one day when Isaacson was interviewing him (and given the general quality of Isaacson's book I'm not even sure that happened the way people think), but that's the impression you'd get from reading about it in the media. There's ample evidence that they sued with the specific goal of getting good licensing terms and, if you take that to be their goal, they were successful in their settlement with HTC (whereas the "thermonuclear" crowd thinks they failed because HTC still exists). But none of that stuff is mentioned in these articles. The "thermonuclear" narrative is accepted by detractors and supporters.

I agree on at least one thing - the quality of the Isaacson book is questionable. Isaacson was out to create a personal perspective and unafraid to take a artistic license, IMO, as he did in his other biographies. The problem here is that Jobs is not yet a historical figure because there are too many of his contemporaries still around.  

• Reply 32 of 106

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

^^^ those can be found here

So he has a habit and history of deleting posts he does not agree with or that prove him wrong! he calls names (called me a troll) so who knows how many post he deletes.....simply because he does not agree with the posts? WOW! This forum has no integrity is that is happening!

• Reply 33 of 106
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

You have to be careful with business partners, that you can really trust them.

• Reply 34 of 106
    nchianchia Posts: 124member
    Once you get to a certain size, you might need to consider moving everything in-house if your supplier becomes an image of you. I wouldn't be surprised Samsung makes everything in the washing machine I bought, down to the holding screws and plastics. Or at least own the suppliers that do.
  • Reply 35 of 106

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

you admit to deleting posts that disagree with you? 

No. How could you possibly get that from what was said?

You have not denied deleting my responses to you huh?

I actually confirmed it. Why you'd ask if I was denying anything is confusing.

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

deleting post that prove you wrong!

Nothing in that post proved any information of any sort using any argument. It made a claim, unsubstantiated, with no evidence thereof.

I'm learning that people would rather look like total idiots than be saved the trouble of being publicly discredited. In that case, I probably won't make this same mistake again. image

So he has a habit and history of deleting posts he does not agree with or that prove him wrong! he calls names (called me a troll) so who knows how many post he deletes.....simply because he does not agree with the posts? WOW! This forum has no integrity is that is happening!

Probably because it isn't happening. We delete troll posts and accounts. I don't delete posts due to disagreements.

• Reply 36 of 106
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

you admit to deleting posts that disagree with you? You have not denied deleting my responses to you huh? Your a "moderator" adminstrator...deleting post that prove you wrong!

Somebody around here has a few bats in the belfry.  I would suggest finding somewhere else to post comments and views.  Somewhere that is moderated properly.

• Reply 37 of 106
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member

I'm not spinning it anyway, you infringe patents, you can't steal them
  • Reply 38 of 106

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

I'm not spinning it anyway, you infringe patents, you can't steal them

I don't recall saying anything about patents. They're stealing intellectual property by infringing Apple's patents.

• Reply 39 of 106
    Maybe they should start competing, then, instead of stealing.

Maybe karma sucks, and Apple should consider writing Xerox a huge check for 30 years worth of unlicensed use of their IP.
  • Reply 40 of 106
    geekdad wrote: »

Ehm, maybe you can discuss that matter in the thread that I linked to?