Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    The reason why MS "eventually prevailed" was because Apple was running out of cash ..... somehow I can't see that happening this time around, can you?
  • Reply 102 of 106
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Uhm, patents are IP. And of course you can steal IP. It's not necessary that something be a physical object to be stolen. That's like saying it's not stealing if I empty your bank account with a wire transaction because I didn't take any physical money, no coins or bills, just an electronic representation of it. No, it's not directly analogous, it falls somewhere in the middle of physical objects and IP, but good luck drawing a rational line where on one side it's stealing and on the other it isn't.

Yes patents are IP, but not all IP are patents (and it was TS having the issue between the two, not me).

If you steal something, then the owner no longer has this item to use, this is the simple concept with theft. If you steal money from a wire transfer then the owner no longer has access to it. If you download movies or music etc then you haven't stolen them as the owner still has access to it to sell it, the same with patents or other forms of IP

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infringe

to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <infringe a patent>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/steal?show=0&t=1360616807

to take the property of another wrongfully and especially as a habitual or regular practice
  • Reply 103 of 106
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    hfts wrote: »
    Are you serious ?
    Why have a system that protects IP then ?

Yes, just because hollywood likes to use the words theft and steal, doesn't make it correct.
  • Reply 104 of 106
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

What utter nonsense, just read what you wrote. Its so opinionated and not backed up with any facts, just your whimsical fantasies of hating everything Apple.

If Apple invented a cure for cancer and one of your loved ones could benefit from it, you would probably do a Gates and withhold it from them in sheer spite.

You are a very sad and angry person.

Try creating opposing statements to disprove any of my statements rather than arguing about the lack of "facts".

I re-read my statements. It's just as I expected. People who takes things personally should do a mental check.

• Reply 105 of 106

I think Tim Cook fundamentally shares the same opinion as Steve Jobs. Tim uses a more diplomatic approach than Steve, and that's not a bad thing.

• Reply 106 of 106
    Tim Cook has disappointed a lot of apple fans. The new iOS is just a copy of windows and android. Too bad Jobs is dead...Bye Apple computers! this new CEO acts like a microsoft implant...