Apple rival Samsung's Galaxy S IV shows up in online video ahead of launch

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    The article didn't claim Android devices had a 78% chance of being infected with malware so you've not offered a valid analogy. When you can come back with a source showing the actual rate of infection then we have something to discuss. X% of some undefined number doesn't tell you a thing about how prevalent malware is.

Spoiler:
    I repeat it was on AI and you commented on the article.
    So where did they pull the 78% from?
    In what context was this discussed? I know, however you go and find out yourself.
    I stand by what I wrote.
    So sick of liars.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

I repeat it was on AI and you commented on the article.

So where did they pull the 78% from?

In what context was this discussed? I know, however you go and find out yourself.

I stand by what I wrote.

So sick of liars.

By the way, the figure you're quoting should be 79%. No matter tho. Even if Android had 100% of all know malware variants it doesn't follow that a typical Android user would suffer from it, or that any significant percentage at all would come in contact with it. You just want to believe the FUD so badly that you're trying to read something into the article that it didn't say.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/03/07/apple-marketing-chief-uses-rare-twitter-post-to-take-shot-at-android-security-issues

If you want to continue let's take it over to that thread rather than this one.

• Reply 83 of 86
    dwillydwilly Posts: 60member

it's all about quality

• Reply 84 of 86
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Looks like an iPhone to me, and on top of it, is not "real" yet. It's still a "will exist later" phone.
    I couldn't disagree more.

So a slightly rounded back w/ no glass, camera and flash directly in the center and down half an inch- with an IR remote built into the power button, dual long speakers on the front of the phone and 2 non mechanical buttons instead of one mechanical one- all on 4.7" (or so) is the same? Interesting.

Outside of being built out of aluminum, I see absolutely no resemblance. But who am I to disagree? You might be a mobile phone design expert. ;)
  • Reply 85 of 86
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

When it's revealed on Thursday, the Galaxy S IV is expected to feature an eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor and a PowerVR SGX 5443MP3, tri-core GPU. It is also expected to feature a five-inch 1080p display and to run Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box.

As I mentioned weeks ago, I still don't think the US version will have the Octa-processor. Just like with the S3 I think there will be two versions, one for the US with a quad-core optimized for our LTE-bands and one for everywhere else, and perhaps with the 8-core Exynos 5 mentioned in the AI article.

• Reply 86 of 86
    Why are they playing a apple keynote in background rather than a Samsung?