The bizarre campaign against Apple's Tim Cook

Comments

• Reply 40 of 220
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    k2director wrote: »
    I don't think Tim Cook should be canned (yet), but I'm sick of Apple dropping the ball in so many areas --ie, the Mac Pro, all pro apps, iWork, etc. -- and not understanding that if you leave your customers without reasonable solutions for so long, you should at least have the decency talk to them about it, and talk about what you're going to do about it in the future.

But Fortress Apple can't bring itself to say anything, creating unnecessary angst for people who had previously put a tremendous amount of faith in the company. Tim has been in charge for long enough to address these issues, and he hasn't.

Even though I have stock in the company, I'm partially glad to see Apple laid low right now and glad to hear people suggest that the CEO should get the boot. I think there's been a complacency developing at Apple, an attitude that you can get away with doing sh*t work in one area as long as you do good work in an another area. That's arrogant, dangerous thinking, and I hope the stock price and calls for Cook's head help shake the company out of its stupor.

Not talking about future products has been part of Apple's MO since the beginning. What you call "an issue" is doing business. You would rather Apple Osbourne themselves than actually update products when they are ready to be updated. If what you want were realistic there would be no Apple Insider for you to bitch and moan on because there would be no Apple. By the way, it is not "dropping the ball" by not sending you a telegram about any and all potential future releases so just. Stop.
  • Reply 42 of 220
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member

Unbelievable... Apple makes more money than anyone, continues to make more money than anyone, has more money than anyone and a$$hat folks like Kass, the media, and iHaters on this forum think Cook doesn't have the chops?  Un-fricken-believable.

I hope Kass and his cronies are crucified and investigated by the SEC for what is clearly an attempt to manipulate AAPL.  All of this makes ZERO sense.  

• Reply 43 of 220
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

I can't think of a single individual other than Cook who should be running Apple. He's doing a great job. I can see anyone else destroying the company in five years with consecutive mistakes. 

This smacks just a little of homophobia.

• Reply 44 of 220
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    jetz wrote: »

The stock has tanked. Shareholders like me are pissed (and I've lost nowhere near as much as some other people I know). If he doesn't have a feasible plan.

The only plan Tim Cook needs is the one to find a way to shut up every idiot analyst spewing rumors and 'sources' and every blog et al that posts their bull. Because that is what brought down the value, not the record breaking sales of the new iPhone etc.
  • Reply 45 of 220
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

The only plan Tim Cook needs is the one to find a way to shut up every idiot analyst spewing rumors and 'sources' and every blog et al that posts their bull. Because that is what brought down the value, not the record breaking sales of the new iPhone etc.

Our army would be invincible if the enemy would just stop firing bullets at us. /s

• Reply 46 of 220
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    quinney wrote: »
    That would result in a competition among trolls to get the highest number of thumbs down. Is that what you really want?
    As comments get voted down they become more transparent...until they eventually are unable to be read.

Users who are voted down more than a hundred times per month are automatically banned for the rest of that month.

Those banned more than four months in a row get an electric shock through their device and are then banned permanently.

How'd you like those apples?

;)

That's the kind of AppleInsider I'd create, ladies and gentlemen!

Vote ME for President!!!
  • Reply 47 of 220
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So Forbes claims “Some Wall Street sources close to some Apple executives” say the company might be searching for a replacement for Cook.

Ok if we're to believe this I'd like to know who these executives are that are supposedly blabbing to Wall Street "sources". Are we supposed to believe direct reports of Cook are involved in a whisper campaign to get him fired? Or working behind the scenes with the board to remove him? Sorry but not buying it. At all.
  • Reply 48 of 220

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave MacLachlan View Post

At what point does the SEC get involved and start investigating these comments & rumors, especially ones that have no basis in reality and have drastic effects on the stock value?

At the point where the company (or aggrieved investors) asks it to do so.

• Reply 49 of 220
    What else could you expect from the greedy SOB bastards on Wall Street.
    I only wish that Steve Jobs was alive so that he could tell them what to do with themselves.
    Tim Cook is too much of a gentleman to tell them.
  • Reply 50 of 220

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Not talking about future products has been part of Apple's MO since the beginning. What you call "an issue" is doing business. You would rather Apple Osbourne themselves than actually update products when they are ready to be updated. If what you want were realistic there would be no Apple Insider for you to bitch and moan on because there would be no Apple. By the way, it is not "dropping the ball" by not sending you a telegram about any and all potential future releases so just. Stop.

I disagree.

Apple's MO **used to be** to not talk about future products, but to release fresh updates at a reasonable rate, which kept customers happy. Even though Apple was silent, you could trust that it was still in the game and that investing in APple products was not a dead end. That MO worked but it is entirely different than Apple's current MO for many of its product segments like the Mac Pro.

The *new* MO is to still not talk about future products, *and* to suddenly and inexplicably go YEARS without updates, as if the products were forgotten. That new MO is toxic to customers and to Apple's culture. Not giving a shit about a certain group of customers is not a sign of pursuing excellence.  

• Reply 51 of 220

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave MacLachlan View Post

This forum really needs a "thumbs-down" feature for comments.

I've been saying that for ages too.

Maybe that's why I'm not on Facebook either. It creates some sort of perverse and unrealistic world where people can only give thumbs up to each other, yet you can't rate down comments that deserve to be rated down?

If somebody is a dumbass or if they write something really stupid, then they should be downrated.

I welcome the day when I can open this site and I see that certain comments have gotten -20 thumbdowns.

I am not sure about the value of a thumbs-down feature.

In fact, since it cuts both ways, it could backfire. Given how many trolls (and likely lurker-trolls) there are here on AI, think about how easy it would be to do 'drive-by' thumbs-downs of pro-Apple comments and commenters......!

If one dislikes a post, one can always provide a response countering the post.

• Reply 52 of 220
    winniewinnie Posts: 17member
    1000 % no 2000% accurate.

I have never seen such negative BS in all the negative articles on Apple.

If Wall Strret is so smart and Amazon will maybe money and grow into their P/E someday while Apple has already accomplished the growth in four years......

then Apple at Amazon's P/E is worth $133,647 a share.

Apple is going to do the last four over and instead of growin n four years....Apple will spread the same total growth over 15 years.
  • Reply 53 of 220

If Wall Strret is so smart and Amazon will maybe money and grow into their P/E someday while Apple has already accomplished the growth in four years......

Apple is going to do the last four over and instead of growin n four years....Apple will spread the same total growth over 15 years.
  • Reply 54 of 220

• Reply 55 of 220
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

In fact, since it cuts both ways, it could backfire. Given how many trolls (and likely lurker-trolls) there are here on AI, think about how easy it would be to do 'drive-by' thumbs-downs of pro-Apple comments and commenters......!

Yes, I did address that point in another comment of mine.

I wrote that the day that there are more anti-Apple trolls on this site than actual people who like Apple, well, that's the day when it would no longer be useful for me to visit here. The thumbs down feature would be a good barometer of measuring the demographics of the users on this site.

• Reply 56 of 220

Quote:

Sure, why not? It would be a great thing.

The day that a pro-Apple comment gets more thumbs down than an anti-Apple comment made by Samsung shills and other haters who frequent this site is the day that I would no longer visit here.

Then you're just setting yourself up for that.

Warts and all, AI is one of the last few sane places for a true Apple enthusiast, and I would hate to see it lose those.

• Reply 57 of 220
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    eluard wrote: »

This smacks just a little of homophobia.

Th big joke there being that he has never come out and no one has a shred of proof he might be. They are basing it on him working for a gy friendly company and he's never been seen in public with a female and he's not married.

But in truth I don't think Cook allegedly being gay is the real issue. I think it's just folks so determined to believe that Steve was Apple so there's no way it can survive without him, to a point of pathology.
  • Reply 58 of 220
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Then you're just setting yourself up for that.

Warts and all, AI is one of the last few sane places for a true Apple enthusiast, and I would hate to see it lose those.

I am still here and not any place else, so I do agree that AI is better than other options out there, though there are some warts as you mention.

• Reply 59 of 220

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

What else could you expect from the greedy SOB bastards on Wall Street.

I only wish that Steve Jobs was alive so that he could tell them what to do with themselves.

Tim Cook is too much of a gentleman to tell them.

Not sure that the job -- or even a desirable trait -- of CEO of one of the most valuable companies on earth is "too much of a gentleman...."

• Reply 60 of 220

Quote:

I am still here and not any place else, so I do agree that AI is better than other options out there, though there are some warts as you mention.

Some of us are (occasionally) glad to have you here!imageimage