Samsung returns to targeted anti-Apple ads with latest Galaxy S4 spot

Comments

• Reply 121 of 210
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) I like TS but I don't even know his real name, age or even the state he lives in so I'm not sure how deep your "friend" comment really goes.

Maybe it dates me, too, but I don't get that either. That's why Facebook in particular bothers me; these people "friending" people they've literally never so much as seen, much less met. It's a debasement of the very word 'friend'.

Originally Posted by jhart376 View Post

…consider promotions pairing Apple TV with iPhone or Mac purchases to hook more people into the ecosystem.

I think that's the opposite of what needs to be done. Run AirPlay commercials, sure, but do not do this.

• Reply 122 of 210
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Quote:

Originally Posted by igriv View Post

There are lots of others, as a google search for 

using iPhone as a tv remote

shows. I guess that means there is a fair amount of demand (which seems to be met by every current single high end android device I know of [S4, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z tablet])

I stopped looking a year ago but just found a few products like the beacon by Griffin which converts bluetooth into IR and doesn't require a dongle for $69. You just leave that device near your kit. This might do the trick since I don't like dongles in my 3.5 audio jack. That would be too easy to lose just like the remote it is supposed to replace. I can already control DirecTV since that can connect to wifi but want to control my surround sound system and TV controls as well. 

https://store.griffintechnology.com/beacon?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dijit

• Reply 123 of 210
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Of course it's in defense of TS because I think you're being unfair in this instance. If I disagree with TS (which I'm sure will happen) it certainly won't stop me from speaking up as to why and how. My loyalties lie with finding the truth. In this instance and of course many others much of it depends on a PoV but I am still being honest about my position and not simply defending something because you think I'm more buddy-buddy with them than the other person. I really try to read and judge each comment as a clean slate which means I have and will Thumb Up and respond positively to posters that make a sound point, even if I think they usually troll the forums looking for a rise from the readers.

So is TS still a moderator on this site? Does he still delete posts he disagrees with? Have there been posts deleted in this thread? I wonder what reason they were deleted for and by whom....... Just the fact that I post a one liner about TS that HE does not even respond to....but you feel the need to take up arms really is interesting.....

Enough already....Please Soli if you feel the need to discuss this more....Please do so in PM....we have hijacked this thread enough.....

• Reply 124 of 210
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

This ad remind me of this:

• Reply 125 of 210
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    geekdad wrote: »
    So is TS still a moderator on this site? Does he still delete posts he disagrees with? Have there been posts deleted in this thread? I wonder what reason they were deleted for and by whom....... Just the fact that I post a one liner about TS that HE does not even respond to....but you feel the need to take up arms really is interesting.....
    Enough already....Please Soli if you feel the need to discuss this more....Please do so in PM....we have hijacked this thread enough.....

I think that ship has sailed to make this a PM conversation. If I think someone is being treated unfairly I'll speak up about it and whether you think I'm "friends" or "enemies" with someone has absolutely no barring on that. You keep saying that he deletes posts that he disagrees with have made comments that these are only posts that go against his PoV and not because they violate forum rules yet you have not shown proof of any of this. You've even discounted my accounts of posts deleted and infractions given when my comments crossed a line. Can't you see in my profile when I've received an infraction?
  • Reply 126 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

This ad remind me of this:

LOL....I loved those "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" commercials!

• Reply 127 of 210
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Just the fact that I post a one liner about TS that HE does not even respond to...

Because I'm sick of your "one-liners". Your personal attacks flew for a while, but I doubt they will anymore.

• Reply 128 of 210
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    At least Apple hasn't lost the youngest generations, the little kids of us old uncool people who still use iOS
    My step son (9) wants a Samsung. Why? It says Samsung on the chest of his favourite soccer team. It's a foul world we live in..
  • Reply 129 of 210

Quote:

I think that ship has sailed to make this a PM conversation. If I think someone is being treated unfairly I'll speak up about it and whether you think I'm "friends" or "enemies" with someone has absolutely no barring on that. You keep saying that he deletes posts that he disagrees with have made comments that these are only posts that go against his PoV and not because they violate forum rules yet you have not shown proof of any of this. You've even discounted my accounts of posts deleted and infractions given when my comments crossed a line. Can't you see in my profile when I've received an infraction?

But you don't do that...I have seen threads you were involved in  where people are mistreated and you have done nothing to speak up for that person. TS himself tells people they are dumb...stupid and to just go away and you do not speak up for that person. Why? You said it doesn't matter who the person is....but you readily jump to defend TS.....

you posted what over 12K and TS what about 25K times and you said previously IF you ever disagree with TS.....you would think that would have happened by now...huh. Plus...I never said you never stepped out of line and had corrective action taken. I just stated you seem to take up arms for TS so quickly and adamantly.

• Reply 130 of 210
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

Welcome to AppleInsider forums.

Please limit your interactions with others to:

1. personal attacks

2. accusations of bias

3. spontaneous expressions of allegiance to your corporate tribe of choice

4. list of gadgets you own

5. concern for your ideological opponents' status or marketshare

6. logical fallacies

7. rhetorical arguments

Remember folks, every post that encourages reciprocal posting helps AppleInsider make cha-ching. Keep those ad impressions up!

• Reply 131 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because I'm sick of your "one-liners". Your personal attacks flew for a while, but I doubt they will anymore.

So how did I attack you personally? Please share....

• Reply 132 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

My step son (9) wants a Samsung. Why? It says Samsung on the chest of his favourite soccer team. It's a foul world we live in..

Samsung is better known by it's wholly owned subsidiary, "Omni Consumer Products" of Delta City, Michigan.

• Reply 133 of 210
    geekdad wrote: »
    But you don't do that...I have seen threads you were involved in  where people are mistreated and you have done nothing to speak up for that person. TS himself tells people they are dumb...stupid and to just go away and you do not speak up for that person. Why? You said it doesn't matter who the person is....but you readily jump to defend TS.....
    you posted what over 12K and TS what about 25K times and you said previously IF you ever disagree with TS.....you would think that would have happened by now...huh. Plus...I never said you never stepped out of line and had corrective action taken. I just stated you seem to take up arms for TS so quickly and adamantly.

So I don't speak up every time it happens means I don't ever speak up for others? First of all, I have to see it, and quite frankly I don't read every thread or comment. Your input I generally do take additional time to read because I've known you to make good statements that are worth reading and responding to. I also don't speak up until I think it goes of the top, which I think you're doing in this thread, and which you've done on many occasions towards TS. You seem to really dislike him and I really couldn't care less about the why, but I do care about what I perceive as an injustice of you and et al. puling on a mod and making claims that I don't see as accurate. Based on your previous comment if you state that he deletes posts you think you can keep slandering him without fear of your posts being deleted because you mentioned it. That sounds like you're trying to push the boundaries — which I have nothing against in and of itself — but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit ideally by why you do it.

Time for Doctor Who....
  • Reply 134 of 210
    Welcome to AppleInsider forums.
    Please limit your interactions with others to:
    1. personal attacks
    2. accusations of bias
    3. spontaneous expressions of allegiance to your corporate tribe of choice
    4. list of gadgets you own
    5. concern for your ideological opponents' status or marketshare
    6. logical fallacies
    7. rhetorical arguments

Remember folks, every post that encourages reciprocal posting helps AppleInsider make cha-ching. Keep those ad impressions up!

Where do watermarked images of all the gadgets you own go?
  • Reply 135 of 210
    scprofessorscprofessor Posts: 218member

A cult, nothing more or less, a cult.

• Reply 136 of 210
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,214member

Quote:

Can't you see in my profile when I've received an infraction?

I don't think that part of the profile is public is it?

• Reply 137 of 210
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member
    A cult, nothing more or less, a cult.
    Is it a cult when the object of worship doesn't acknowledge existence of its followers?
  • Reply 138 of 210
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Every Samsung advert I've seen so far has at least one, if not multiple occurrences of "whiz-bang" features that the phone has, which they fail to tell anyone was on the iPhone first.  It's purposely misleading.  

This one for instance has the old dad being amazed that the phone can control the TV,.  Something iPhone has been able to do for years (they also fail to tell you that it ail lonely work if you have a Samsung TV).  

Any advertiser who puts misleading facts into a commercial should be immediately suspect.  People may not like Apple and may even hate the iPhone, but at least the adverts for the iPhone are honest. 

One of the oldest and first rules of commerce … "Don't buy from a seller who dissembles."  

The HTC One can also do this with any modern TV, HTC hid the IR part in the power button, which is why it is black on a white phone.

If you tap the back of a Sony Z on the back of a late model Bravia TV remote, the phone mirrors to the TV.

<yawn> Samsung is just so innovative, innovative with hype, that is.

• Reply 139 of 210
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndirishfan1975 View Post

Edit:

And the S4 with its octa core chips is just ridiculous.  What smartphone app on the planet needs 8 cores????

One that doesn't need LTE, unless you are on some specific South Korean networks.

Otherwise it's off the shelf Qualcomm quad cores, over clocked slightly (1.7 to 1.9 MHz) in order to boost their Geekbench scores above the other manufacturers (HTC, LG etc) who are using the exact same cpu.

• Reply 140 of 210

Quote:

Where do watermarked images of all the gadgets you own go?

That can be included in #4image