A wiser Siri snubs Google for Bing in Apple's upcoming iOS 7

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6ryph3n View Post

Most of those complaints could also be applied to Apple's iOS... It's not just about the technical stuff, it's about the user experience. Features that the Xbox One has for becoming the center of your entertainment system will go a long way in that area

That is a fair observation in some regards, but I can pull out an original Atari system I have and fire up old games. No problem. Microsoft with the XBox One is trying to turn game ownership into game leasing. You will need Microsoft's permission to sell games, play used games, and the list of restrictions goes on. With Microsoft's system of requiring an internet connection, it is guaranteed that in fifteen years I will not be able to pull out a game I own and play it. Microsoft is trying to change the system to the benefit of corporations as opposed to consumers. Unlike Apple, I doubt the system Microsoft is pushing for is going to result in lower prices. Apple's system has largely benefitted consumers because it has dramatically lowered the price of media content.

Microsoft even has a patent that allows Kinnect to determine how many users are in a room. The technology will let it charge you more if too many people are watching a movie you legally purchased. To me it is very big brother. I also noticed Microsoft was the first one to sign up for PRISM. My next system will likely be a PS4, which I will buy after my Xbox 360 dies. None of this is a slight against Bing, which I think works great. 

• Reply 62 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by wealthychef View Post

I hope I get to choose which engine to use. Google is the best search technology out there and to bring this petty bullshit into my life is annoying.

http://www.bingiton.com

I have taken the test several times. I normally prefer Bing. Occasionally, Google wins. 

• Reply 63 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by walshmarcus View Post

Terrible news. I hate bing. It's apple maps all over again. And it's finally pushed me over the edge. Reluctantly my next phone/tablet will be a Samsung.

Is it really hard to say search with Google? If I were to go Android, which I would choose Windows first, I would go with the HTC One. Good luck. 

• Reply 64 of 66
    Anyone interested in trying out iOS 7 beta, but does not have a registered device, hit me up at nalakrub1 at google. I'm a developer with slots available to register UDIDs for a comparatively small donation.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jman225 View Post

To demonstrate that iWork on iCloud can function on a different OS and a different web browser.

He was just saying had Apple still develop Safari v6 and 7 for Windows (instead of stuck at v5), He would use that instead of Chrome. Since there's none (Safari 5 for Windows might not work with iCloud of the Web beta), he had to use Chrome (over less popular IE8, or less relevant Firefox).
  • Reply 66 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    He was just saying had Apple still develop Safari v6 and 7 for Windows (instead of stuck at v5), He would use that instead of Chrome. Since there's none (Safari 5 for Windows might not work with iCloud of the Web beta), he had to use Chrome (over less popular IE8, or less relevant Firefox).

Personally, I just use Safari 5 when I have to boot to Windows. :p