New iMac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here is a picture I made with the aid of Photoshop and some images from various places, mainly <a href="http://www.apple.com."; target="_blank">www.apple.com.</a> Enjoy .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    As simple as that looks, it seems to follow all the info I've read. I suppose it's quite thick to accomidate the front loading CD. Not bad, but I hope Apple does something more "Apple" with the design. Just too simple.
  • Reply 2 of 48
    Something like this maybe-

• Reply 3 of 48
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    In the first picture the speakers are just floating there in the legs. The legs are clear, and there's no wires. How does that work?? hehe

Just a little constructive criticism
  • Reply 4 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>In the first picture the speakers are just floating there in the legs. The legs are clear, and there's no wires. How does that work?? hehe

Just a little constructive criticism</strong><hr></blockquote>

They are wireless

J/K
  • Reply 5 of 48
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Needs a little more work, but overall not a bad idea.
  • Reply 6 of 48
    neomacneomac Posts: 145member
    Both of them are uuugly.

Can't wait to see what all-mighty J.Ives comes up with.

30 days to go!
  • Reply 7 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by NeoMac:

<strong>Both of them are uuugly.

Can't wait to see what all-mighty J.Ives comes up with.

30 days to go!</strong><hr></blockquote>

They're not great looking but I wouldn't call them ugly.
  • Reply 8 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by James Flowers:

<strong>Here is a picture I made with the aid of Photoshop and some images from various places, mainly <a href="http://www.apple.com."; target="_blank">www.apple.com.</a> Enjoy .

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Personally, I would love to have a machinethe looked like this. I think that this has elegant design and works well.

However I am not sure if Apple would completely trash the whole idea of colors. Personally, I could go for something like the iBook, in more than one color. Now THAT would be cool!!!
  • Reply 9 of 48
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Something tells me that the new iMacs won't just look like the Studio Displays, but will be something more, um, progressive. It's just not an iMac if it doesn't make you go, "What the HELL is that? ?'cause it's so cool!"
  • Reply 10 of 48
    I think that's basically what it will be, without the speakers and with the DVD drive on the left side rather the front. I made a mockup about a year ago, not sure where it is anymore.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by Mike Eggleston:

<strong>However I am not sure if Apple would completely trash the whole idea of colors. Personally, I could go for something like the iBook, in more than one color. Now THAT would be cool!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think Apple might get rid of the colors. They pretty much already have, with the exception of Indigo, so why not just get rid of that too?
  • Reply 12 of 48
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Guys, the color thing is SO over. Yes, I see Indigo going the way of Strawberry, Key Lime and Bondi this time around.

It's stale and tired and time to move on.

And for those of you thinking Apple is going to release colored TiBooks and so forth...get a grip.

The pro stuff NEVER had color and they're sure as hell not going to slap them on, 1-2 years after the whole "colored computer" trend peaked.

White, graphite, silver, clear...that's a VERY nice way to go: professional, sleek, modern and understated.

I'm sure the new iMac will be white, if indeed it is meant to be the desktop version of the iBook. The iStuff always had the similiar look (colors and curves), so it would make sense that a new iMac is probably a more squared-off glossy white than any wild-ass colors.
  • Reply 13 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>The pro stuff NEVER had color and they're sure as hell not going to slap them on, 1-2 years after the whole "colored computer" trend peaked.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, the Pro stuff did have colors during the days when the colors were popular. Did you forget about the B & W G3s?
  • Reply 14 of 48
    I predict colors will be out for about 4 - 6 years, then they'll start up again. Or maybe 40 - 60 years.
  • Reply 15 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>I predict colors will be out for about 4 - 6 years, then they'll start up again. Or maybe 40 - 60 years.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know when, but I agree that eventually the colors will probably come back.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    personally, i want something that looks like the old dark blue LCD monitors.....
  • Reply 17 of 48
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    All of those are ugly

If recent design schemes such as the ibook, ipod and quicksilver reflect anything we should expect something whitish/glossy/glassy in may coors of course and with apples nice unique design smooth surface archtecture

hmm i sure as hell can't wait or can i?
  • Reply 18 of 48
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    All of those are ugly

If recent design schemes such as the ibook, ipod and quicksilver reflect anything we should expect something whitish/glossy/glassy in may coors of course and with apples nice unique design smooth surface archtecture

hmm i sure as hell can't wait or can i?
  • Reply 19 of 48
    You are all overlooking one thing. What is the latest consumer product Apple has released? The iPod of course. I would look for the new iMac to resemble it more then anything else. That would mean adding lots of CHROME to the whitish/glossy/glassy look. Just my guess.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    You are all overlooking one thing. What is the latest consumer product Apple has released? The iPod of course. I would look for the new iMac to resemble it more then anything else. That would mean adding lots of CHROME to the whitish/glossy/glassy look. Just my guess.