New iMac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
  • Reply 42 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by CAM:

<strong>If the rumors that the new iMac will be similar to the 15 inch LCD are true... (a slight variation on above images):

CD/DVD on right, ports on left (like iBook) Power in third leg to keep the front as thin as possible.

However, I imagine Apple will really do something completely different!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

not bad, I agree the frame around the screen is too thick. It would be great if the usb and firewire ports where on the left side exposed just like the ibook.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I think one leg in the center would be much nicer than two legs at the sides. Granted, not as stable, but would look very nice. You don't want people mistaking them for just monitors as well.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>I think one leg in the center would be much nicer than two legs at the sides. Granted, not as stable, but would look very nice. You don't want people mistaking them for just monitors as well.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You mean like the old Apple LCDs? I personally like the newer ones better.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Okay, maybe I'm smoking some serious crack here, but on the side of these AIO G3's there's a slot on the left hand side. It's blocked over so that it can't be used, but it's the same width as the slot on an iMac. I can't imagine anything but a CD ROM device going there.

WRT the fanless, powersupply thing I wasn't referring to the old AIO, but what would happen if Apple were to release an LCD iMac.

Hope this clarifies.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Composer ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 48
    <a href="http://www.phasedreality.com/yourdailymac/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.phasedreality.com/yourdailymac/index.html</a>;

Another "insider" email.

G4 iMac with LCD does NOT look like 15" Apple unit. White.

new tower - a "leap forward"

Sounds very excited about MWSF in 2002...

The problem I have with this is that is says the submiter went to a meeting to see the units on Monday... this is very dangerous talk unless there was a few thousand people at the meeting, but I doubt that. He might have made that part up to hide where he really saw it I guess.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: JasonPP ]</p>
  • Reply 47 of 48
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Maybe the informant didn't want that part publicized...
  • Reply 48 of 48
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    All the pictures people post are nothing more than a unhinged, upright laptop. It would be much better to have a flat and long CPU/ media drive and the screen up front. It would allow better cooling and more room to get inside the unit.