Apple to offer 'iPhone 5S' in new gold color and 128GB storage option, insider says

Comments

• Reply 41 of 84

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

just try proofreading what you write. just a little. c'mon. but you won't. it's obvious you & ai don't give a rat's behind about the quality of what you spew ... just get those page views and ad impressions. i would certainly never hire you, and i know at least two other tech writing establishments that would not either. so don't quit your day job.

Okay, pot.

• Reply 42 of 84
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member

An f-2.0 lens would be a significant improvement. Tiny cameras suffer not from a lack of megapixels but from low signal/noise, and f-2.0 would shine twice the light on the sensor as f-2.8 (though the current one is f-2.4, I believe). 

• Reply 43 of 84
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    It is indeed 2.4 now, really like this rumour of a f2.0 lens. And more storage the better, even though I don't fill up my 64GB now, it makes it easier to sell to, well, nerds like me.

Gold can also look tacky
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/29943/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
  • Reply 44 of 84

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

From all the leaks the"gold" color doesn't really look gold.

It looked to me more like a champagne color which could be nice and high end when paired with white glass.

Sounds like it's going to be sensational and wildly popular if this is indeed true.

Apple will no doubt choose a subtle, elegant shade of gold (hmmm white gold, anyone?) that will appeal to the feminine (not pimp) side of consumer taste. 

Imma stick with my favourite, silver, though...

• Reply 45 of 84
    Kitchen is too ha now. Gold is absolutely nonsense!
  • Reply 46 of 84

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

The 128GB storage option is my #1 reason for wanting to upgrade from my 64GB iPhone 5. If they offered a 256GB model it would still not be enough for my voracious ram appetite. image

That'a storage capacity not RAM, i.e. more space for video, game and song FILES, not application memory space for running larger and more powerful programs...

• Reply 47 of 84
    Looks like a full 12 hour battery life device at least, with the new A7.
    World class fingerprint security will lead to so many new applications.
    Those are huge unique features... That's just awesome.

Physicians and Pharmacists need huge medical databases locally in their pockets so... Boom!

Lots of people in Asia and the Middle East want everything in gold, so... Boom!

• Reply 48 of 84
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Because some people don't want to ever... EVER see or deal with a memory low message...

So why is 128Gb great for streaming movies? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

Because if you don't have an Android phone you have apps. And you might buy music. And take photos you might want to keep, including nice panos that are huge. 

Yes, I understand why 128Gb would be great for storing stuff. But streaming isn't storing stuff so why is 128GB great for streaming movies (as in the original comment)?

• Reply 49 of 84
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ascii wrote: »
    I don't think that's the reason. I think they are releasing the cheaper 5C, but don't want people to think they're taking Apple low-end, so are releasing the Gold iPhone at the same time to counter that perception.

Interesting thought. Agree to a certain extent, but I think it's to give another colour option for the high end model to give people more reasons to choose a 5S over a 5C.
  • Reply 50 of 84
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Someone on MacRumors mocked up what a champagne colored 5 design would look like. It actually looks quite nice.

13600131.jpg

Exquisite!
  • Reply 51 of 84
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member

Awesome!  Beige is back!

• Reply 52 of 84
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I wish Kuo wouldn't have used the word gold because the volume button parts leak indicate something more like the color of these cars below than gaudy bling gold. I don't think anyone would look at the cars below and go eww, gross.

Lexus-RX-350-Exterior-SatinCashmereMetallic-18FiveSpokeAlloy.jpg

8482_cc0640_032_bg.png

b13_bf1fl_05b2.jpg
  • Reply 53 of 84
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Apple NEEDS to release a 5" gold-plated iPhone with a diamond encrusted home button. Failure to do so will only expedite Apple's doom. They are losing lots of sales to the 1%.
  • Reply 54 of 84
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

just try proofreading what you write. just a little. c'mon. but you won't. it's obvious you & ai don't give a rat's behind about the quality of what you spew ... just get those page views and ad impressions. i would certainly never hire you, and i know at least two other tech writing establishments that would not either. so don't quit your day job.

• Did you know that the first letter of a sentence is supposed to be capitalized?

• It is "AI", not "ai"

• "c'mon" is not a complete sentence

• "...spew ... just get those page..." should use a comma, not a space ... space.

You are FIRED!  Oh, you were never hired as a proof reader in the first place so it is a moot point.

• Reply 55 of 84
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

A gold iPhone- -now that's what I call innovation!

Matches my gold iPad mini!

• Reply 56 of 84
    oneof52oneof52 Posts: 113member
    I don't care what color it is, I'm due for an upgrade. I'm taken the 128GB if this is true. I have my 64GB tapped out with music and movies. If I have down time, I'm never bored.

I'll take it in gold. What I would love is Product (RED). Like a hot sports car.

Oh yea, the new phones are supplanting sports cars for wiener compensation. And I'm ok with a shiny brand new gold 128GB iPhone. ;-)
  • Reply 57 of 84
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    icoco3 wrote: »
    • Did you know that the first letter of a sentence is supposed to be capitalized?
    • It is "AI", not "ai"
    • "c'mon" is not a complete sentence
    • "...spew ... just get those page..." should use a comma, not a space ... space.

You are FIRED!  Oh, you were never hired as a proof reader in the first place so it is a moot point.

did you know that, unlike ai and its minions, i do not get paid for my writing? that, unlike ai and its minions, i have never claimed to be a professional writer? and that, unlike ai and its minions, i am not, in fact, a professional writer? every single character i wrote in that comment, lower case letters and all, was intentional. and i proof-read it. when i am a professional writer, then you can start criticizing me for my writing. until then, stfu and just wallow in your lower standards and expectations.
  • Reply 58 of 84
    I guess many Chinese love this as it can show off their wealth .
  • Reply 59 of 84
    I'd take a 1TB model if they made such a thing... One can never have enough storage when dealing with audio and video files.
  • Reply 60 of 84

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakamono View Post

Needs diamonds.  Gold encrusted with diamonds.

true dat the gold will match my grill an it need somethin spinnin on it and some neon back lights i is down wid what da peeps of da world want i aint live in no bubble i dont need no punctuation caps or spellin