Wacom debuts pro-level pressure sensitive Intuos Creative Stylus for iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    websnapwebsnap Posts: 224member

Quote:

Originally Posted by msimpson View Post

Well at least someone can innovate. Too bad Apple can't recognize that there are a lot of people who would use a stylus with an iPad, just like they originally failed to recognize that people would play games on iPhones and iPad. In the later Newton versions, digitizer support and handwriting recognition were actually pretty good. If Apple put half the effort they have into Siri they could add decent stylus and handwriting recognition in iOS and still maintain all the convenience using your fingers gives you when you are dealing with a small device like an iPhone. Apple used to be about empowering people with tools to create, not just consume. Lately it does not seem that way. I have a Wacom tablet and look forward to seeing if this new stylus will help make the iPad a decent creative tool.

What is wrong with leaving this for the third party manufacturers to create? Of course apple CAN do it, but it's not for everyone so let companied like Wacom, Adobe (with their Mighty project) and many others focus on how a niche market would be best served by a highly specialized product. If apple focused on a stylus it would end up being an extremely simple one to appeal to the most amount of people. That would end up making no one happy as either it would be not advanced enough for some or too expensive/complicated for others. Apple doesn't make audio systems for their devices anymore for the exact same reason. It was too expensive for casual users - yet too generic for audiophiles. Why waste resources on a product when others can make a full range of choices for your ecosystem and you still benefit from it? Seems like a silly thing to wave the "innovation flag" over.

• Reply 42 of 46
    gazoobee wrote: »
    I like Wacom's stuff generally, but how can it be "accurate" when the end of it is the size of a baby's finger?

It's possible to be quite accurate with a finger on an iPad. I expect the same applies to this pen.
  • Reply 43 of 46

Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

maybe your best ever post on this forum.

Who are you and where the heck do you get off? Were we talking to you? What does this have to do with anything?

• Reply 44 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Who are you and where the heck do you get off? Were we talking to you? What does this have to do with anything?

This is a public forum, you were talking to everyone - did you confuse this with a PM? Don't shit on other people when they give you a complement - even if it was sprinkled in sarcasm. No reason to be that rude. 

• Reply 45 of 46
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by websnap View Post

This is a public forum, you were talking to everyone - did you confuse this with a PM?

Yeah, don't even think about using that argument. Insults aren't allowed anywhere.

Don't shit on other people when they give you a complement…

Uh huh. "Compliment."

…even if it was sprinkled in sarcasm.

Now I know you're doing it on purpose. You even acknowledge it wasn't a compliment by any stretch and you STILL say that? image

• Reply 46 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, don't even think about using that argument. Insults aren't allowed anywhere.

Uh huh. "Compliment."

Now I know you're doing it on purpose. You even acknowledge it wasn't a compliment by any stretch and you STILL say that? image

lol. No ill will meant... it was a joke, seriously. Even ameldrum1's comment... there's no real malice in it... it's the internet, That's about as light of a jab as you can get.

(------- digital hug, my friend -------)