How will the MacPro be introduced?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    frank777 wrote: »
    Okay, so I guess it's the 16-17th.  :err:

I was thinking this Friday! Even so it looks like another fouled up release is coming.
  • Reply 62 of 80

I think we all wanted it sooner than later but if there's availability on day of release I wouldn't consider it a foul up. I guess we'll soon know.

• Reply 63 of 80
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    I think we all wanted it sooner than later but if there's availability on day of release I wouldn't consider it a foul up. I guess we'll soon know.

The thing that bothers me is that I looks like the basic design has been nailed down for some time now. So the thought is what is the hold up? GPUs? CPUs? Hardware design issues? I really don't know but it just seems odd to draw this out like they are.
  • Reply 64 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

The thing that bothers me is that I looks like the basic design has been nailed down for some time now. So the thought is what is the hold up? GPUs? CPUs? Hardware design issues? I really don't know but it just seems odd to draw this out like they are.

Maybe Apple wants to avoid the foul up you've referred to and wants to make sure they actually have day-of availability. Anyway, one can always hope.

• Reply 65 of 80
    "How will the MacPro be introduced?"

Apparently Peter Pan's shadow will fly it in, along with the other imaginary devices that don't exist.
  • Reply 66 of 80
    Very difficult to create a message before Safari crashes....  I'm averaging five crashes per attempt.  REALLY irritating and only on AI for me.

The 17th is here . . .  (for me it is 10 minutes before the 18th...)
  • Reply 67 of 80
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member

Still almost two hours before Cupertino starts work.

• Reply 68 of 80
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Still almost two hours before Cupertino starts work.

Ain’t happenin’. They missed it again.

• Reply 69 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ain’t happenin’. They missed it again.

I sincerely hope you're wrong. Pushing the release into the Christmas-New Year's break is terrible.

• Reply 70 of 80
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I sincerely hope you're wrong. Pushing the release into the Christmas-New Year's break is terrible.

Oh, no. It’ll be January. Apple’s off during the break.

• Reply 71 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, no. It’ll be January. Apple’s off during the break.

I know they are. Which is why I figured it would be today.

Apple's website says "Coming in December" today, and I can't believe they would outright lie to their professional customers.

For some people waiting to buy with corporate budgets, ordering pre-Dec 31 is a big deal.

• Reply 72 of 80

Hey, come on guys, give Apple some slack. After all the website says coming in December but doesn't say which year.

• Reply 73 of 80
    [CONTENTEMBED=/t/159194/how-will-the-macpro-be-introduced/40#post_2445372 layout=inline]Very difficult to create a message before Safari crashes....

Update to 10.9.1 and the Safari crashing stops - turns out it was never Huddlers' doing.
  • Reply 74 of 80

Okay, so today's out of the running. :no:

I can't believe the new Pro will get a silent intro during the height of the Christmas season.

After waiting for the last six years, the maiden voyage of our newest flagship deserves more pomp and circumstance than this.

• Reply 75 of 80

OK.  Have 10.9.1.  Hope this is better!  Yep!

Nothing released today.  Could something be wrong with production or development (remember new FCPX is coming as well)?

All the more reason not to order immediately when they release?

• Reply 76 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

Hey, come on guys, give Apple some slack. After all the website says coming in December but doesn't say which year.

Heh!

• Reply 77 of 80
    OK.  Have 10.9.1.  Hope this is better!  Yep!

Funny thing with Apple here: they update OSX and Safari on iOS/AI doesn't crash anymore. Gotta love tech.

Nothing released today.  Could something <span style="line-height:1.4em;">be wrong with production or development (remember new FCPX is coming as well)?</span>

All the more reason not to order immediately when they release?

Hate to sound negative here, but I just don't see it happening anymore this month. It would be realistic to think these are the last working days for the majority of Apple employees for the year, and they'll be back Monday 6th. Besides, it's not only Apple, but their partners as well for the release of the new MP.

So yeah, possibly better to set ones mind to a version 2 of products? This has quite some advantages; may outweigh a v1 product?

#2: Is there indeed a new FCPX coming, or is this speculation? Thanks.
  • Reply 78 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Funny thing with Apple here: they update OSX and Safari on iOS/AI doesn't crash anymore. Gotta love tech.

Hate to sound negative here, but I just don't see it happening anymore this month. It would be realistic to think these are the last working days for the majority of Apple employees for the year, and they'll be back Monday 6th. Besides, it's not only Apple, but their partners as well for the release of the new MP.

So yeah, possibly better to set ones mind to a version 2 of products? This has quite some advantages; may outweigh a v1 product?

#2: Is there indeed a new FCPX coming, or is this speculation? Thanks.

All I wanted for Christmas was a MacPro price list.  Santa!!!!!!!!!!  (yelled like Kirk screaming Kahn! in Star Trek II;  OK, I'm adding a few years on)

OK.  That's better.

#2  http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/performance/

Says it in the text.  Coming in December.

For 4K dreamers, it adds:

"And Final Cut Pro X has been so perfectly tuned to take advantage of the new Mac Pro, you can work in 4K — in real time — without rendering. (Take a minute to let that slowly sink in.)"

We've now had most of December so it has sunk in pretty well...

• Reply 80 of 80

Just read that - cool!

So, yeah, 4k without rendering. Realtime. God I wish I worked for a broadcasting company or some studio working with these funky new options we now are able to use.