Bug in iOS 7 allows calls to be placed from locked iPhone

Comments

• Reply 61 of 130
    Don't know for sure, but I think that is why it is labeled Emergency Call?

If someone (unauthorized) already has your phone that is probably the least of your worries.
  • Reply 62 of 130
    Originally Posted by Frood View Post

If Apple intended for you to only be able to dial an 'emergency' number using emergency dial, they would without question have put only one 'Dial' button there.  Since Apple did *not* do this, this is clearly a feature and 'working as intended' and not a bug at all.

Wonder why the world is only ever black and white for trolls, you know?

• Reply 63 of 130
    Not sure, but I think that is why it is labeled "Emergency Call."

If someone (unauthorized) has your iPhone, their making a call is probably the least of your worries!
  • Reply 64 of 130

Sorry about the double post.

• Reply 65 of 130
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Irrelevant. The sequence of actions is entirely unpredictable by any reasonable and customary user actions.

Nonsense. Some one did it. After two days.

EDIT: and if you going to come back with - one person out of millions - the kind of guys who try this are a tiny fraction of total users. So a tester in apple could have found it were he allowed to.
  • Reply 66 of 130
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by agramonte View Post

To bad the new dialer and awful turquoise blue icons in safari and mail are not bugs also

Yea ok. 

:no:

Find something worthy of complaining about. I see nothing wrong with any of it.

• Reply 67 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wonder why the world is only ever black and white for trolls, you know?

Lol, so now I'm a troll?   I point out that you are making a pretty irrational argument rather than simply admit that Apple made a mistake- and instead you insult the original poster that pointed out you weren't making much sense and call me a troll too.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

• Reply 68 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCGOO View Post

Or dial any number you want with the "dial"command.  But this is not a bug either.   "Siri" is one of the options under "Allow access when locked"  Easily disabled.   

"Dial" and "call" do the same thing.

• Reply 69 of 130
    Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Lol, so now I'm a troll?

Don’t recall calling you one.

…Apple made a mistake

Ah, but did they?

• Reply 70 of 130

I am soooo looking forward to the print reader.  I'd at least set it to auto lock after the maximum time limit, but my corp email invokes password security with instant locking on the phone, it's mandatory.  So, I have to unlock my phone countless times a day.

I find the new slide to unlock in 7 much better as you can slide anywhere on the screen, plus the new keypad though too simple and lackluster for me, is much easier to peck at.  Just hoping it works well, and for at least one year, till the 6 comes out!

• Reply 71 of 130
    Harper. true that Arthur`s story is neat... last saturday I bought a great new Lotus Carlton since getting a cheque for $8389 this last five weeks and-even more than, 10 grand lass month. it's actualy my favourite-work I have ever done. I actually started five months/ago and immediately began to bring home at least $70, per-hour. look at this now > ---- WEP6.%u2102OM
    Go to website and click Home tab for more details.
    %u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764%u2764
  • Reply 72 of 130

Harper. true that Arthur`s story is neat... last saturday I bought a great new Lotus Carlton since getting a cheque for $8389 this last five weeks and-even more than, 10 grand lass month. it's actualy my favourite-work I have ever done. I actually started five months/ago and immediately began to bring home at least $70, per-hour. look at this now > ---- WEP6.?OM

?????????????????????????

• Reply 73 of 130

Harper. true that Arthur`s story is neat... last saturday I bought a great new Lotus Carlton since getting a cheque for $8389 this last five weeks and-even more than, 10 grand lass month. it's actualy my favourite-work I have ever done. I actually started five months/ago and immediately began to bring home at least $70, per-hour. look at this now > ---- WEP6.?OM

• Reply 74 of 130

• Reply 75 of 130

In other news: On the 3rd lion roar in Wizard of OZ, press play on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Discovered this flaw the other day. 

• Reply 76 of 130
    I can't replicate any of these two flaws.
  • Reply 77 of 130
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Everybody I know with an iPhone does not have a passcode set and uses it unlocked because of the inconvenience of entering a PIN to unlock it. I don't use a passcode on my iPad either. The paranoids must be out in force on this tuff.

I was the same way until my iPhone was stolen and the thief had access to all my data & emails.

• Reply 78 of 130
    asdasd wrote: »
    Nonsense. Some one did it. After two days.

EDIT: and if you going to come back with - one person out of millions - the kind of guys who try this are a tiny fraction of total users. So a tester in apple could have found it were he allowed to.

Are you certain this issue didn't exist previously? Perhaps this defect has existed for years. Perhaps this defect has existed since early iOS 7 betas and only now publicly released.

There are millions of 10 character permutations from the lock screen. Some have stated that they can't replicate the issue so perhaps there are other dependencies as well. Are you seriously suggesting that Apple should test all of them? If so, then should Apple test 20 character permutations and 30 character permutations?
  • Reply 79 of 130
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,223member

I'm most impressed by the room light turning on the instant the iPhone crashed/rebooted/whatever. Is that a hidden feature of iOS7? Did AI reproduce that behavior as well?

• Reply 80 of 130

There are many videos on YouTube that show this glitch existing for at least the past year.