Android overtakes Apple's iPad in tablet marketshare, approaches in revenue earned

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 204
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    nht wrote: »
    Or gee, you could simply turn it off under Settings.  It's f-ing overblown.

Sorry , that only reduces it. Launching apps, going back home, and opening folders still have motion.

That said, I just look away, but there needs to be an option to turn it off completely.
  • Reply 202 of 204

But that doesn't induce vertigo does it??

• Reply 203 of 204
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member

The Airports have USBs as well, but on an Apple mobile device, I can't believe it would ever happen.

Jobs structured the software and cloud computing specifically to remove the necessity for USB drives and storage. I'm not saying it's flawless at all, but Apple gets to make such decisions due to its infrastructure and cohesion of soft/hardware. Hey - Apple was one of the first (THE first?) to standardise USB and optical drives too. (Erk - Firewire!)

But to put a microUSB or whatever in an Apple mobile device now would be almost an anachronism! Like a resistive touch screen... with iTunes, iCloud and new devices coming with iWork (MS really should have brought Office to iMobile a LOT sooner - too late now!), the reasoning to have USB is continuing to diminish.

But if anyone really needs USB, there's always the adapter!