Apple to patch more bugs with release of iOS 7.0.3 next week - report

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple is rumored to roll out another minor update to iOS 7 next week, addressing several small and lingering issues in the company's latest mobile operating system.

iOS 7

iOS 7.0.3, sporting build number 11B491, has been released to employees and select external partners for testing, BGR reported on Tuesday. The new version is said to be made available in advance of iOS 7.1's expected reveal alongside new iPads at Apple's rumored October event.

The new build may address performance issues that have lingered since iOS 7's debut last month as well as new lock screen bypass security concerns that have surfaced since last week's iOS 7.0.2 release. For comparison, iOS 7.0.2 carries build number 11A501.

The same site incorrectly claimed that Apple would release a seventh beta of iOS 7 in August. Apple instead skipped from iOS beta 6 to iOS 7 Golden Master on Sept. 10.

Apple released iOS 7.0.1 with "bug fixes and improvements" as an over-the-air update for the iPhone 5s and 5c on the handsets' launch day, with iOS 7.0.2 following just six days later to address bugs related to lockscreen passcode security.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 64
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Start [URL=http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/01/ios-7-user-report-of-imessage-failures-simple-procedure-may-be-temporary-fix]here[/URL]. An outgoing iMessage text shouldn't sit in a queue with no timeout and no straight-forward way to restart the process.
  • Reply 2 of 64
    Yep, just a few little things.
    iMessage not sending
    Screen Freezes
    Stuttering
    Slow safari
    To name a few.
  • Reply 3 of 64
    Every update is important not minor. Especially fixing bugs. Just because a number does end with.0 does not make it any less important. Also I hope they make safari snappier!

EDIT: LOOKING BACK IT LOOKS LIKE A WENT A LITTLE BI-POLAR THERE LOL!:D
  • Reply 4 of 64
    I actually had a blue crash twice yesterday. The screen turned blue for about a second and the phone restarted, without my prompting it. Then it happened again less then three minutes later. When it restarted, I quite all running apps and haven't had a problem since. But it shook me to see my, not even two week old 5s go through it like that. And the message thing would be nice to see fixed as well.
  • Reply 5 of 64
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member
    How about the other bugs: not being able to send e-mail to iCloud groups, not being able to delete an entire paragraph at once, botched by dictation, being able to stop the icons from zooming in, dare I say being able to revert to an IOS6 skin...
  • Reply 6 of 64
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mango15 View Post

Yep, just a few little things.

iMessage not sending

Screen Freezes

Stuttering

Slow safari

To name a few.

Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees? Try troubleshooting your hosed updated instead.

• Reply 7 of 64
    dugbugdugbug Posts: 283member
    Could be to bring back iCloud Keychain to time with with mavericks release?
  • Reply 8 of 64
    wingswings Posts: 261member
    The only problem I've seen with Messages is that occasionally when I send a text, usually a picture but not always, it will go through just fine, but the following day I'll see "Message failure" for that text.
  • Reply 9 of 64
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Wow I must be lucky because I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I have one issue which is the 3rd party twitter app I use has a bit of a lag. But other than that iOS 7 has worked fine for me. Battery life the same as iOS 6 too.
  • Reply 10 of 64

I'm not seeing any problems with my 4S, either. I don't necessarily care for the thin fonts, colors scheme, and animations, but no problems, per se. Battery life did take a big hit, but it's much better after turning off a bunch of useless stuff that comes with iOS 7. At this point, I'd be okay if iOS 7 never happened.

• Reply 11 of 64

Given the overwhelming number of negative comments since its release, I will definitely wait until iOS 7.1 before even considering updating - not to mention the fact that haven't yet accepted to use the POS called iTunes 11 (a pre-condition for iOS 7).

• Reply 12 of 64
    I'm running a 5s and haven't noticed a single dire issue. To me, Safari is SUPER fast. Only glitch I see is sometimes when I'm texting or writing an email it will add a space before a period when I tap for a single period (and, no, it's not fat fingers). :-)

So far, so good%u2026 loving iOS7.

That said, I would like my finger print to some day work to authenticate all purchases ANYWHERE. Taking out a long password entry would be nice.
  • Reply 13 of 64
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees? Try troubleshooting your hosed updated instead.

I have problems with iMessage, he is not the only one.

• Reply 14 of 64
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    I think some people are over reacting just a tad don't you think.
  • Reply 15 of 64
    ejieji Posts: 39member
    Quote:

Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees?

Why do you think Apple should ignore the bugs some are experiencing just because you're not?

I'm seeing lags, stuttering and sudden restarts on both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

• Reply 16 of 64
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    There is an issue with iMessage and I have seen it on an iPhone 5. None of the iMessages go through, and none of them auto send as text messages even with the send as SMS is enabled.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/01/imessage-not-working-how-to-fix-imessage-in-ios-7-4130546/
  • Reply 17 of 64
    Really wish they'd fix the major iPhone 4 bug with FACETIME not working.

Any iPhone 4 owner hasn't had Facetime connect to any incoming or outgoing calls since the last iOS 6 update before iOS7 came out, and it was never fixed in iOS7. So all iPhone 4 owners have had to revert to the poor relation of Skype.
  • Reply 18 of 64
    Only issue I have, and it's not really an issue, more of a quirk. Why can't we "Decline" a phone call anymore when a call comes in on the lock screen? To decline you have to push the lock button twice. The only way we have both "Decline" AND "Answer" options is when a call comes in WHILE you are using the phone like while surfing the web or sending messages.

I found that a little odd. Anyone else?
  • Reply 19 of 64
    Quote:

At least for iMessage... 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/01/ios-7-user-report-of-imessage-failures-simple-procedure-may-be-temporary-fix

I've seen it, myself. Just this morning, I noticed a message I sent at 7PM last night still said "sending". It's annoying. Through all the betas, too, I've experienced issues with iMessage on WiFi, but not LTE. I thought it was fixed with the GM, but it appears not. And now it's timing out on LTE, too.

• Reply 20 of 64

A couple more:

Videos have lost their titles in the iPad Videos app. The work around is to tag them as home video but that does not always work.

If you play a conference video (like the ones from WWDC) and turn off the screen, the video stops playing. In earlier versions of iOS you could then press the play button on your headset controls and keep playing the audio with the screen off. This stopped working in some version of iOS 6 and is still broken. You can tell this is a bug because if you press the home button there is a play control on the lock screen that is non-functional when a video was playing. This bug sucks battery big time when you want to listen to conferences on walks and is ultra annoying since it is easy to touch the screen when your iPhone is in your pocket. BTW, WWDC videos are not available as audio only and have DRM so you can't easily rip the audio tracks. It is also nice to pull out the iPhone and look at the screen briefly when they are showing something you want to see.