Amazon taunts Apple's new iPads, advertises smaller Kindle Fire HDX as 'lighter than Air'

Comments

• Reply 81 of 139

Apple's software, hardware and eco system just beats the crap out of them.

Lemon Bon Bon.

• Reply 82 of 139

The iPad Air is the best Mac you can buy right now.  Terrific value.

The iPad Mini is also a landmark release.

I'm optimistic about a 4.8 inch iPhone next year.  

(I'd like the 4 inch to become the nano, a 4.8 inch and 6 inch model...but I doubt we'll get that...)

Apple will have it pretty much covered then.

Lemon Bon Bon.

• Reply 83 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Good, go enjoy your incredibly cheap plastic piece of crap. Make sure the door hits you on the way out.

Haha, it's cheaper than these Retina iPads, that's for sure. It also have 2x the CPU cores A7 devices have, and 2x the RAM, and much more Megahertz. Gonna have fun with my cheap but fast and wonderful Kindle Fire HDX when it comes out, that's for sure. :)

• Reply 84 of 139
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Paraphrasing the Macalope over at MacWorld, Amazon is full of “one metric crap-ton” of nonsense. But jerktastic pundits eat this stuff up.

• Reply 85 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

Apple's software, hardware and eco system just beats the crap out of them.

Lemon Bon Bon.

Too bad there's not that much software you can get for iOS or OS X. Unless you of course count those fart apps as real programs. Love my cheap and fast quad-core SLI GPU Lenovo laptop BTW w/ Windows.

• Reply 86 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gotApple View Post

Didn't know about this Kindle Fire HDX before, thanks for the tip! Is has 2x the CPU power these A7 iPads have, and a better resolution than Retina, and a 8MP camera as well. And it's lighter on the wallet than iPad Air / iPad Mini Retina.

LOL, gonna pick one Fire HDX up really soon!

Have fun with your Fire HDX, but you should maybe check out the facts - not sure where you got yours.

iPad Mini - 64bit dual-core A7

Fire HDX - quad-core snapdragon (quad cores, but less performance) http://gigaom.com/2013/09/19/tests-show-iphone-5s-a7-chip-is-dual-core-still-beats-quad-core-android-competitors/

iPad Mini - Resolution - 2048 x 1536 (324 pixels per inch)

Fire HDX - Resolution - 1920 x 1200 (323 pixels per inch)

iPad Mini - Camera - 5MP rear-facing / 1.2MP front-facing

Fire HDX - Camera - NO rear-facing camera / 1.2MP front-facing

http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2013/10/ipadminicomparison_chart-100065705-large.png

Not that specs are generally any indicator of performance, as Apple has proven over, and over, and over again.

• Reply 87 of 139
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    gotapple wrote: »
    Haha, it's cheaper than these Retina iPads, that's for sure. It also have 2x the CPU cores A7 devices have, and 2x the RAM, and much more Megahertz. Gonna have fun with my cheap but fast and wonderful Kindle Fire HDX when it comes out, that's for sure. :)

He whips out the spec list. So much for how it all works together.
    Too bad there's not that much software you can get for iOS or OS X. Unless you of course count those fart apps as real programs. Love my cheap and fast quad-core SLI GPU Lenovo laptop BTW w/ Windows.

Now you're just trolling.
  • Reply 88 of 139
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member

Yet the A7 still does it's job more than 2x better...
  • Reply 89 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Yet the A7 still does it's job more than 2x better...

If you go and look how bad A7 performs in e.g. physics calculations versus that quad-core Snapdragon, you'll see the light of truth... I remember the times when Atari Jaguar came out and it was the first 64bit games console out there. Too bad others were miles ahead even with 32 bits...

• Reply 90 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wlmwallace View Post

Have fun with your Fire HDX, but you should maybe check out the facts - not sure where you got yours.

iPad Mini - Resolution - 2048 x 1536 (324 pixels per inch)

Fire HDX - Resolution - 1920 x 1200 (323 pixels per inch)

iPad Mini - Camera - 5MP rear-facing / 1.2MP front-facing

Fire HDX - Camera - NO rear-facing camera / 1.2MP front-facing

http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2013/10/ipadminicomparison_chart-100065705-large.png

Not that specs are generally any indicator of performance, as Apple has proven over, and over, and over again.

why not read the real Fire HDX 8.9" specs?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00DOPNLJ0/?tag=reality

Screen - 2560x1600

Cameras - 8MP rear, 720p front

... and it's still cheaper than iPad Mini Retina

•  

• Reply 91 of 139
    The paperback novel I buy from them is even lighter and cheaper. What's Amazon's point?
  • Reply 92 of 139
    Actually the Fire HDX has lower weight per area than the iPad air does. So this ad is pretty much justified.
  • Reply 93 of 139
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    If you go and look how bad A7 performs in e.g. physics calculations versus that quad-core Snapdragon, you'll see the light of truth... I remember the times when Atari Jaguar came out and it was the first 64bit games console out there. Too bad others were miles ahead even with 32 bits...

Source?
  • Reply 94 of 139
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Semester View Post

Actually the Fire HDX has lower weight per area than the iPad air does. So this ad is pretty much justified.

Late to the party aren't you.  I already covered that.  By the way, where are your figures to back that up or did you just read mine.

• Reply 95 of 139
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Didn't know about this Kindle Fire HDX before, thanks for the tip! Is has 2x the CPU power these A7 iPads have, and a better resolution than Retina, and a 8MP camera as well. And it's lighter on the wallet than iPad Air / iPad Mini Retina.

LOL, gonna pick one Fire HDX up really soon!

Ye gods that was funny.  Thanks, I needed that laugh...

• Reply 96 of 139
    Quote:

Hello mr. Troll, why not read the real Fire HDX 8.9" specs?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00DOPNLJ0/?tag=reality

Screen - 2560x1600

Cameras - 8MP rear, 720p front

... and it's still cheaper than iPad Mini Retina

•  

The mini compares with the 7.0" version of the HDX so the facts were stated correctly.

• Reply 97 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

of course.  Its made of cheap ass plastic.  You know plastic is lighter than metal?  But look how ugly the large ass bezel is on the fire. Barf.

HEY...I never accounted for that in my analysis.  Someone else can look at metal vs plastic and weight my conclusions accordingly.

• Reply 98 of 139
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    A Chevy Spark is lighter than a Tesla, not sure it proves much.
  • Reply 99 of 139
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

A Chevy Spark is lighter than a Tesla, not sure it proves much.

I believe you just insulted the Chevy Spark, which as cars go, is much better than your comparison to a Kindle implies.  Please take that back.

• Reply 100 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

Late to the party aren't you.  I already covered that.  By the way, where are your figures to back that up or did you just read mine.

Ah, I see. :)