Apple highlights 'Life on iPad' stories in new promotional webpage

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
In time for the holiday season, Apple has launched a new page on its website dedicated to telling the stories of an eclectic gathering of athletes, doctors, dancers and more, who use the iPad in unique ways.

Life on iPad

The new "Life on iPad" webpage features a total of six stories, with text and video describing the many ways customers use Apple's tablet. Clips from each story were first shown during the recent iPad event in October just before the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display were revealed onstage.

The large teaser image, which leads to what can be considered a highlight reel, reads:
We designed iPad to be the best tool for all the things you do. But we never imagined where you'd end up taking it. Here are just a few stories.
In all, six different companies and individuals are featured in the vignettes, complete with interviews explaining how the iPad helps in their everyday life.

First up is Siemens Energy-Wind Service, which supplies their technicians with iPads to help aid in maintenance and repair of massive windmills. Previously, workers would have binders and "over a thousand pages" of materials craned up to the worksite, but all that is replaced with Apple's tablet. In addition, the iPad allows for photo taking, correspondence and Internet access in remote locations.

In "Finding the extra edge," speedskater Bridie Farrell is shown using iOS app Dartfish Express to record and analyze her workout sessions. With the iPad's computational horsepower, Farrell and her training team can review video without having to carry around a backpack of gear.

Another story comes from Dr. Itaru Endo, Director of Digestive Surgery and Liver Transplantation at Yokohama City University, who developed an iPad app that displays interactive patient data during live surgeries. Through augmented reality, surgeons are better equipped in the operating room. The app also delivers real-time patient data to help doctors conduct safer procedures.

The remaining three stories include a wine maker, a Broadway dance choreographer and an endurance offroad race team.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Absolutely gorgeous page.

I'm waiting for the "Life on Android Tablets" edition, where it shows the tablets sitting beautifully in drawers and on warehouse shelves everywhere, making very fine dust collectors and doorstops. 

• Reply 2 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I'm waiting for the "Life on Android Tablets" edition, where it shows the tablets sitting beautifully in drawers and on warehouse shelves everywhere, making very fine dust collectors and doorstops. 

I think that video does exist. It's buried on the fourth shelf, sandwiched between the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 10.0.5 :D

• Reply 3 of 29
    dnd0psdnd0ps Posts: 253member
    But...but...Samsung!!
  • Reply 4 of 29
    slurpy wrote: »

trippy wrote: »
    I think that video does exist. It's buried on the fourth shelf, sandwiched between the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 10.0.5 :D

... and those shelves are located in a government warehouse, you know the one where they are storing the Lost Ark.
  • Reply 5 of 29
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:

I thought I saw those tablets dumped in urine-stenched alleys down on skid-row.  It was a damn shame... waste of a nice alley.  :)

• Reply 6 of 29
    Quote:

Haha you funny man Mr Slurpy!  Slurp slurp!  Must take you ages to come up with that joke. 

• Reply 7 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I thought I saw those tablets dumped in urine-stenched alleys down on skid-row.  It was a damn shame... waste of a nice alley.  :)

Ah yes SF because everyone who owns an Android device should be shunned.  What a wonderful ivory tower  you must live in to look down upon everyone else and judge them!

Slorp slorp!

• Reply 8 of 29
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member
    Very soon samsung will have a page up highlighting all the uses people found with their galaxy tablets.
  • Reply 9 of 29

Come on Microsoft, Samsung, Amazon, and Google, get your Apple copy pages up quick. You know you don't know what you're going to next without Apple showing you.

• Reply 10 of 29
    ingelaingela Posts: 217member
    I remember when Dell did this for this early phablets. It seems like trying too hard. Waste of advertising money.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Ray Mears wouldn't be happy with that climber on the side of that mountain using their iPad. If I was climbing a mountain like that it'd be to get away from technology. A phone for emergencies is one thing.
  • Reply 12 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slorpy View Post

Haha you funny man Mr Slurpy!  Slurp slurp!  Must take you ages to come up with that joke. 

Attention: We have a troll. I repeat, troll inbound. Tallest, take him out.

• Reply 13 of 29
    Originally Posted by jakeu26 View Post

Attention: We have a troll. I repeat, troll inbound. Tallest, take him out.

Already reported; you should too. Don’t bother replying when it’s a hit and run one poster, particularly when the account exists to insult another user’s account.

• Reply 14 of 29
    I still love the fact that Apple maintains the ads to be about its own product and not need to compare its product with others (note: not competition, since it is just not the same).
  • Reply 15 of 29

I love the design of these pages. Beautiful. 

• Reply 16 of 29
    emesemes Posts: 239member
    And while all these people look ridiculous taking pictures with their iPads, Microsoft is taking down cybercrime gangs
  • Reply 17 of 29
    Originally Posted by Emes View Post

And while all these people look ridiculous taking pictures with their iPads, Microsoft is taking down cybercrime gangs

Hey, Ballmer, go get yourself a real job.

• Reply 18 of 29
    emesemes Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hey, Ballmer, go get yourself a real job.

Are you kidding? Ballmer is leaving because he thought it would be best for the company. He realized that MS needed a new direction so he left. It's the same reason we elect new presidents every four years

• Reply 19 of 29
    Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Ballmer is leaving because he thought it would be best for the company. 

Keep telling yourself, that, Steve.

He realized that MS needed a new direction

Yep, they were pretty much sick of his nude erection.

• Reply 20 of 29
    emes wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Ballmer is leaving because he thought it would be best for the company. He realized that MS needed a new direction so he left. It's the same reason we elect new presidents every four years

Nah. Pretty sure the board of directors finally had enough excuses and Bill Gates could no longer defend him. He was forced out.