jragosta (Joseph Michael Ragosta)

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    muppetry wrote: »
    Very strange. Works for me on my iPad, and in Safari and Chrome on the Mac.

Thanks for tipping: works on my iPad. So I went back to the desktop: now see the URL is:
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/A+new+debate+over+Mac+market+trends.-a019520459
    before I got:
    http :// www . thefreelibrary.com /A+new+debate+over+Mac+market+trends-a019520459?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

sendgrid.com is some 'email link provider'

Perhaps I clicked to fast after s.ballmer posted? Whatever, now reading his article. Thanks!
  • Reply 42 of 75

RIP JRagosta.  Have peaceful stay with Almighty.  

God Bless your family.

• Reply 43 of 75
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member

I just became aware of this.  We all spend so much time within our own circle, we occasionally fail to see what is going on around us.

Jragosta always added a lively debate.  I too noticed his absence, but I figured he was taken some time off from AI drama.

I'll miss his opinions.  They always gave me a chuckle.  He was a good, passionate soul.

• Reply 44 of 75
    foadfoad Posts: 717member

I just saw this post.

While I don't post as often as I'd like to, I appreciate the discussion that takes place on AI. We get the occasional troll but for the most part it is a strong community. That's why it has been around so long. Joe was a part of that community. Whether it is here on AI or in the "real" world, we human beings don't always agree with each other but through informed discussion we can find common ground. Joe was one of those folks that strived for informed discussion.

He will be missed.

• Reply 45 of 75

SolipsismX, just noticed this now myself. I was wondering what happened to him and sadly now I know. Loved reading his posts here and will miss him greatly.

• Reply 46 of 75
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member

Never met him either, but I know he was one of the most active members of these forums - especially considering that I will be disconnecting from MacRumors soon (thus making this my new Mac-related community of choice), it's sad to see him go so soon.

May he rest tranquil in the hands of the true God.

• Reply 47 of 75
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    brlawyer wrote: »
    Never met him either, but I know he was one of the most active members of these forums - especially considering that I will be disconnecting from MacRumors soon (thus making this my new Mac-related community of choice), it's sad to see him go so soon.

May he rest tranquil in the hands of the true God.

If I may ask, why are you leaving MR?
  • Reply 48 of 75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

If I may ask, why are you leaving MR?

Am just tired of their ridiculously childish and "holier than thou" moderation standards - nowadays everything is "trolling" and subject to 30-day suspensions.

I am not a stupid kid to accept this kind of BS everytime someone disagrees with my opinion or can't stand ironic remarks; nor do I have the time to keep arguing against that...so good riddance to them.

• Reply 49 of 75
    ^ post

That's what I thought it would've been. Thanks for confirming that. Sad though; they could've made it a great site to discuss tech, have a few laughs while they're at it, yet they've turned into...this. Oh well, some of that is also going around here, but trolls are usually quickly 'denied further trashing' around here.
  • Reply 50 of 75
    Quote:

That's what I thought it would've been. Thanks for confirming that. Sad though; they could've made it a great site to discuss tech, have a few laughs while they're at it, yet they've turned into...this. Oh well, some of that is also going around here, but trolls are usually quickly 'denied further trashing' around here.

MR is indeed a good source of technical discussions and troubleshooting - I just don't need to be a member anymore (even though I've regularly contributed my knowledge and time to it since 2005). Hopefully the same stupid moderation approach is not replicated here...sometimes I suspect this is related to the average US "puritanical" mindset (not all people, of course); everything has to be curated, filtered, self-censored; and if one complains about someone else, that someone else is punished without even room for appeal or discussion - while hypocrisy is kept hidden under the carpet.  

• Reply 51 of 75
    ^ post

1) You won't see that here.

2) "puritanical" mindset. I like that. Had to look it up though

• Reply 52 of 75
    Quote:

1) You won't see that here.

2) "puritanical" mindset. I like that. Had to look it up though

More specifically I mean the plethora of vague and overly limiting rules that they have imposed upon themselves over time (i.e., anything can be interpreted as "trolling" when you disagree with one or many in a thread) - and when you want to discuss them with a moderator, of course all others gang up on you in order to stifle any such "revolutionary" initiatives. If this sounds amazingly stupid, it's because it is. 

• Reply 53 of 75
    More specifically I mean the plethora of vague and overly limiting rules that they have imposed upon themselves over time (i.e., anything can be interpreted as "trolling" when you disagree with one or many in a thread) - and when you want to discuss them with a moderator, of course all others gang up on you in order to stifle any such "revolutionary" initiatives. If this sounds amazingly stupid, it's because it is. 

That's terrible. I never went to that site after I found this one, but sometimes a link points me over there. I skim... and run away fast as there's a lot of, well, stupidness going on over there. We have our fair share over here as well, but on a different level. And many posters who make reason out of crap posts, that makes this site valuable (along with the technical info et cetera).
  • Reply 54 of 75
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Am just tired of their ridiculously childish and "holier than thou" moderation standards - nowadays everything is "trolling" and subject to 30-day suspensions.

Go out with a bang.

• Reply 55 of 75
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Go out with a bang.

It's CES week. Perhaps we should all sign up at MR and flooding their site with actual information that is useful, which on MR is known as trolling.
  • Reply 56 of 75
    solipsismx wrote: »
    It's CES week. Perhaps we should all sign up at MR and flooding their site with actual information that is useful, which on MR is known as trolling.

Hehe. 'De-troll trolling'
  • Reply 57 of 75
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

RIP...see ya in the next forum.

• Reply 58 of 75
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Damn, only just seen this thread. :(

An intelligent and passionate poster who will be sadly missed.

• Reply 59 of 75
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member

Damn. I, too, just saw Soli's signature. Rest in peace JMR.

• Reply 60 of 75
    ash471ash471 Posts: 705member

Just saw the link on SolipsismX signature.  Agreed, jragosta will be missed.  When 55 year olds pass away, it makes you think how short life can be.