Tests find iOS 7 update improves Apple's Siri, but Google Now for Android closes the gap

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    gatorguy wrote: »
    As is Apple. Both Google and Apple still have to move into the nanotech field aggressively, but they've both made progress in robotics and artificial intelligence. . . whether for good or bad.:\

I look forward to the potential of immortality in my lifetime. ;)
  • Reply 62 of 72
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I look forward to the potential of immortality in my lifetime. image

Why the wink? Those of us alive today who will see the late 2020s should probably hit 100 or so, which means that during the interim tech will continue to improve to keep extending it.

I still plan to die of old age, but there are plenty of things I want to do first. The Moon, Mars, and Ganymede are on that list.

• Reply 63 of 72
    Why the wink? Those of us alive today who will see the late 2020s should probably hit 100 or so, which means that during the interim tech will continue to improve to keep extending it.

I still plan to die of old age, but there are plenty of things I want to do first. The Moon, Mars, and Ganymede are on that list.

It's been my dream for most of my life to live and eventually die (hopefully from old age) on another planet.
  • Reply 64 of 72

It's been my dream for most of my life to live and eventually die (hopefully from old age) on another planet.

Oh, I’m dyin’ right here on ol’ mother Earth. I’m old fashioned like that. That’s not gonna stop me from visiting other places, though.

• Reply 65 of 72
    Oh, I’m dyin’ right here on ol’ mother Earth. I’m old fashioned like that. That’s not gonna stop me from visiting other places, though.

That round trip to Ganymede could take four years! That's why I plan on my trip being one-way.
  • Reply 66 of 72

That round trip to Ganymede could take four years! That's why I plan on my trip being one-way.

Yeah, with current rockets. They’ll get better. 

Moon in 24 hours right now. Why we haven’t been going back since the start of this century embarrasses me to no end.

• Reply 67 of 72

Moon in 24 hours right now. Why we haven’t been going back since the start of this century embarrasses me to no end.

And do what exactly? We've already been there, and will go back when it makes sense to do so until then it'll be a unnecessary expense and risk.
  • Reply 68 of 72
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

And do what exactly? We've already been there, and will go back when it makes sense to do so until then it'll be a unnecessary expense and risk.

You’re completely insane. I’ll chalk this post up to your previously stated existence for the purpose of explicitly contradicting what users here say and not the genocidal content that is actually contained in it.

• Reply 69 of 72
    You’re completely insane. I’ll chalk this post up to your previously stated existence for the purpose of explicitly contradicting what users here say and not the genocidal content that is actually contained in it.

You ever hear of dialogue? I posed a question to you. It wasn't a sarcastic one but one of genuine curiosity. I have an opinion and shared that but I'd like to hear yours. I didn't dismiss your idea I just said that I don't think that it'd be beneficial at this time.
  • Reply 70 of 72

I'm most excited with what Elon Musk and SpaceX are doing in terms of improvements on the engineering and R&D side. I believe private plans for moon and asteroid mining will have big long term payoffs.
  • Reply 71 of 72
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

You ever hear of dialogue? I posed a question to you. It wasn't a sarcastic one but one of genuine curiosity. I have an opinion and shared that but I'd like to hear yours. I didn't dismiss your idea I just said that I don't think that it'd be beneficial at this time.

Your “opinion” is that humanity should die out and that there’s no reason to leave Earth at any time for any purpose. This isn’t acceptable, as under a minute of thinking about the topic would show. Consequently, you don’t really get to call it a dialogue. You’re doing exactly what you said you plan to do. Just go away.

• Reply 72 of 72
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Your “opinion” is that humanity should die out and that there’s no reason to leave Earth at any time for any purpose. This isn’t acceptable, as under a minute of thinking about the topic would show. Consequently, you don’t really get to call it a dialogue. You’re doing exactly what you said you plan to do. Just go away.

Go back and read my post, at no point did I say for us never to go back. I'm sure space travel will be commonplace in the future, I just don't see the need to take expensive and risky trips to the moon right now. They’re doing just fine with the rovers for now.