Apple offers Samsung patent settlement deal tied to anti-cloning provision

Comments

• Reply 101 of 138
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jungmark wrote: »
    How so. Sammy probably just copied and pasted. And didn't compare and contrast like they did with the iPhone.

Simply copying does not mean "crisis in design".

I'm not saying that it was, but nobody can positively claim that it wasn’t either. None of us work for Samsung and we can only know for sure what caused a 'crisis in design' by what they've said in public.
  • Reply 102 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackberry4Eva View Post

Apple need to realise its not 2008 any more and that they don't own a patent on rounded rectangles.  Did Sammy take design queues from apple back in 2008? of course but come on apply it's time to put your time and money into producing NEW products, you've done nothing but iterate and procrastinate for 4 years.

This is what Scamsung does "best," pollute internet forums & comment sections with fake comments targeting Apple & praising Scamsung.

Funniest thing, other than the entire comment, is that the Scamsung employee tried to divert reader attention with the username "Blackberry" lol.

Joined AI website earlier today; only posted to this story

• Reply 103 of 138
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,584member
    Since we're on the subject of copying China is developing their own OS, better than either iOS or Android... kinda. Now testing on China Mobile.
    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/china-builds-own-phone-os-aims-to-be-more-secure-than-android-or-iphone/
  • Reply 104 of 138
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    There's no documentation either for or against, but you're the one making the claim for against.

And you're saying I need to prove my original point, is that correct?
  • Reply 105 of 138
    gtr wrote: »
    And you're saying I need to prove my original point, is that correct?

I didn't think "you know this how?" was a difficult question.
  • Reply 106 of 138
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I didn't think "you know this how?" was a difficult question.

Why do I need to prove it?

• Reply 107 of 138
    Why do I need to prove it?

You don't need to prove anything, and you also don't need to make baseless claims.
  • Reply 108 of 138
    Quote:

You don't need to prove anything, and you also don't need to make baseless claims.

Let me know when you're in the 'In Charge Of the Internet' committee and I'll get back to you.

• Reply 109 of 138
    Let me know when you're in the 'In Charge Of the Internet' committee and I'll get back to you.

Tallest Skil vetoed my appointment. :lol:
  • Reply 110 of 138
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    Apple need to realise its not 2008 any more and that they don't own a patent on rounded rectangles.  Did Sammy take design queues from apple back in 2008? of course but come on apply it's time to put your time and money into producing NEW products, you've done nothing but iterate and procrastinate for 4 years.
    I am rarely this specific but ... You are a moron.
  • Reply 111 of 138
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    FWIW the Motorola Razr probably caused a crisis in design too. Sammy came up with the Sync clone. Then the Moto Q may have caused yet another. Yup, Sammy rushed out the Blackjack.. It's nothing new nor is it unexpected that they'd find more inspiration in the iPhone. Personally I'm surprised if Apple didn't anticipate it considering past history.

Yawn....
  • Reply 112 of 138

Tallest Skil vetoed my appointment. image

You wrote “OK” where it said “Please do not write below this line.” 

I had no choice.

• Reply 113 of 138
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    If you already knew the iPhone caused a crisis of design at Samsung then why did you make post 77?

You said none of those phones ever caused a crisis in design? I asked you how did you know that. We're all aware of what was said regarding the iPhone, so where did you read anything regarding any other phone?

At this point, you're just rambling.

Call it a day.
  • Reply 114 of 138
    I am rarely this specific but ... You are a moron.

*Moderators, keep in mind that this post is not insulting him. It's describing him.

;)
  • Reply 115 of 138
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

FWIW the Motorola Razr probably caused a crisis in design too. Sammy came up with the Sync clone. Then the Moto Q may have caused yet another. Yup, Sammy rushed out the Blackjack.. It's nothing new nor is it unexpected that they'd find more inspiration in the iPhone. Personally I'm surprised if Apple didn't anticipate it considering past history.

You are aware of the statements that Steve Jobs made the day that the iPhone was introduced? Now, Steve's statements that day may not be entirely accurate, but Apple did anticipate that the iPhone might be copied; hence the large number of patents being mentioned. What's interesting is that Samsung figured out pretty quickly that there was a new smart phone paradigm; most of the others including MS, Blackberry and Nokia were very slow to respond.

• Reply 116 of 138
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,453member
    Quote:

I'm not saying that it was, but nobody can positively claim that it wasn’t either. None of us work for Samsung and we can only know for sure what caused a 'crisis in design' by what they've said in public.

The way the system works is that people make statements on the forums, and then other people find arguments to disprove them. Since you can't disprove the statement of either GTR or jungmark wrt Samsung's legally determined copying elements of the iPhone, the aforementioned "crisis", then what you are doing is speculating, without evidence or facts, that Samsung might have copied on earlier occasions from other phone builders.

Here's another example of speculation:

"Apple couldn't have developed the iPhone as it did without outside help as Apple had no experience with building a phone of any kind."

"I surmise that Apple had help from advanced being from the future, though it might have been aliens."

I suspect that is what the CEO's of Blackberry really thought of the newly introduced iPhone, but it's speculation as I have no facts to prove it.

• Reply 117 of 138

I wish you guys didn't reply to dasanman69 and GatorGuy. No point in putting these guys on Ignore lists if you can still see their comments!

I finally got sick of StuckPaper and threw him into my Ignore list as well.

• Reply 118 of 138
    c473419 wrote: »

"GTR" is another nasty poster here (actually most of the posters here are quite nasty, reasonable posters either left or have been banned).

This forum pretty much descended into a mean-spirited, elitist, nationalist and racist, we-hate-anything-non-Apple pit.

It's a mystery why you haven't been banned yet.
  • Reply 119 of 138

Why would Samsung agree to this settlement? They made tens of billions with the galaxy S line and were fined only little less than1 Billion (final amount still to be determined). It would just be bad business.

• Reply 120 of 138
    tmay wrote: »
    The way the system works is that people make statements on the forums, and then other people find arguments to disprove them. Since you can't disprove the statement of either GTR or jungmark wrt Samsung's legally determined copying elements of the iPhone, the aforementioned "crisis", then what you are doing is speculating, without evidence or facts, that Samsung might have copied on earlier occasions from other phone builders.

Here's another example of speculation:

"Apple couldn't have developed the iPhone as it did without outside help as Apple had no experience with building a phone of any kind."
    "I surmise that Apple had help from advanced being from the future, though it might have been aliens."

I suspect that is what the CEO's of Blackberry really thought of the newly introduced iPhone, but it's speculation as I have no facts to prove it.

I'm not the one speculating, they are. Just about everyone here has asked another poster for proof on something they've written, therefore the burden of proof falls on them, but since the comment is pro Apple it goes unchallenged by most here, and honor and integrity goes out the door. It's all just faulty logic postulated on imperfect data collection.