Highly suspect photos claim to show 'iPhone 6' chassis [u x2]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 136
    tkell31 wrote: »
    A bigger phone, I wonder what made them think of that?  Innovation running wild.

They probably got the idea from looking at their other product lines.

Multiple sizes of iMacs, MacBooks and iPads.
  • Reply 22 of 136
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atokosch View Post

Head over to 9to5mac and they have the photo relayed with an iPhone 5

Now that I've seen size comparison  I'm kinda hoping that they are fake.

• Reply 23 of 136
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Well,I don't like this design.
  • Reply 24 of 136
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

I won't say that these are 'not' suspect, but I don't know why AI posted only the worst ones, and seem to have even distorted the ones they did post a little (?)

I've seen all this kind of "leaked" stuff, and mock-ups, etc, etc. for as long as they've been around, but I found these (on the web sites that are actually posting the full actual photos) to be some of the most convincing I've seen.

None the less, i take them still, with a decent dose of salt.

• Reply 25 of 136
    rogifan wrote: »
    So is the back going to be flush or will the camera stick out like on the iPod touch?

Will the antigravity field generators on the new mothership be flush or stick out like the Roswell saucer?
  • Reply 26 of 136
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkell31 View Post

A bigger phone, I wonder what made them think of that?  Innovation running wild.

Yeah, cuz making things bigger is innovation all right.

• Reply 27 of 136
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    clemynx wrote: »
    Well,I don't like this design.

Six months later: "OMG, this is the best iPhone yet! Got my pre-order in!"
  • Reply 28 of 136
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Looks pretty convincing and pretty good stuff. For those of us who like the bigger phones. Hopeful they will continue to offer a 5S size with same internals for the one handed fanatics.
  • Reply 29 of 136
    bobschlob wrote: »
    I've seen all this kind of "leaked" stuff, and mock-ups, etc, etc. for as long as they've been around, but I found these (on the web sites that are actually posting the full actual photos) to be some of the most convincing I've seen.

On what do you base your measure of credibility? The blurriness of the images? Seems like every modern auto-focus camera is sharp as a tack EXCEPT when trying to take a picture of the next iPhone, ghosts, or Sasquatch. Then, mysteriously, the camera can't focus for shit, even if these parts have been obviously laid out for photographs.
  • Reply 30 of 136
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by acatomic View Post

Wait, where are RF transparent windows?

Maybe the back is plastic.

(Just kidding.  Sorry.)

I'm wondering if it's possible to formulate Liquidmetal in a way that:

1. makes it easily recyclable and / or relatively inexpensive,

2. makes it RF-transparent, and

3. allows it to be colored (gray, silver, gold etc.)

If so, Apple could kill off most of the and lightweight scratch-proof 3rd party iPhone cases out there.

I'd love to see that.  Liquidmetal can apparently be extremely durable and scratch-resistant.

Combine that with a synthetic sapphire-laminated touchscreen and boom, goodbye case market.

I hate putting a case on my iPhone.  I just use a leather slip-cover.  Cases destroy thinness.

• Reply 31 of 136
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Perhaps the antenna signals will be routed through the Apple logo on the back?  Isn't that how they do it on the non-LTE iPads?

• Reply 32 of 136
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

On what do you base your measure of credibility? The blurriness of the images? Seems like every modern auto-focus camera is sharp as a tack EXCEPT when trying to take a picture of the next iPhone, ghosts, or Sasquatch. Then, mysteriously, the camera can't focus for shit, even if these parts have been obviously laid out for photographs.

Sonny Dickson was VERY accurate last year. The only thing that doesn't seem legit is the asymmetrical front bezels. Not sure Apple would do that. Looks too Samsung.

• Reply 33 of 136
    Ditch the iPod touch already and go with 5.5" iPad nano-wifi and cellular.
  • Reply 34 of 136

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the size. Then again, I love the size of the iPhone 5/5s. But the overall design is almost exactly what I was hoping for from Apple. The iPad Mini and iPad Air are the perfect devices to base the iPhone design off of, and I hope that whatever they end up going with at least bears a strong resemblance to that design.

But at least it's nice to see something tangible. Here's hoping for a steady stream of leaks and images of increasing reliability.

(When did the first iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s chassis images come out? I don't remember. But I feel like it wasn't nearly this early in the year. I thought we mostly got internal components leaks for the first few months.)

• Reply 35 of 136
    starxdstarxd Posts: 128member

Why do you keep going on and on and on about the image quality of the pictures?  So what if they're "blurry cam?"  Why does that make them any less believable than if they were pristine quality?  If anything, I would believe them more, because they were apparently captured in haste, without taking time to light or even focus properly.  

Similarly, why are you fixated on the fact that the photos are "highly cropped?"  Some are cropped, to draw attention to certain areas, but there are many that aren't cropped at all.  What is your point?  Is cropping a sure sign of a faked photo?  Why?

Finally, how does a slightly wider chassis hint at a bezel-less display?  I see absolutely no connection between the two whatsoever.  Could the chassis not be wider and there still be a bezel?  This is just faulty logic.  

• Reply 36 of 136
    An article from CultOfMac from 2010 suggests they could be using liquid metal for the antenna.

http://www.cultofmac.com/54827/liquidmetal-inventor-exotic-alloy-may-make-new-iphone-antenna-exclusive/
  • Reply 37 of 136
    This means the entire case could be the antenna
  • Reply 38 of 136

The lack of symmetry and all that space wasted on the bottom bezel makes this prototype uber ugly.

• Reply 39 of 136
    jason98 wrote: »
    The lack of symmetry and all that space wasted on the bottom bezel makes this prototype uber ugly.
    Um, where does the home button go? Apple isn't going to add Touch ID to the home button only to replace it one year later.
  • Reply 40 of 136
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I'm familiar with Mr Dickson as we come from the same area in Victoria. This guy is the real deal and has rarely been wrong.

He does this thing for a living and has spent quite a few years building up a network of contacts in Apple's Asia supply chain. He's a big Apple fan and also owns an iphone repair business. Apple themselves regularly access his website, according to analytic data.

He's a smart kid who's turned this kind of a thing into enough of a business to pay the bills.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if these pictures are genuine.