Highly suspect photos claim to show 'iPhone 6' chassis [u x2]

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 136
    v5v wrote: »
    No, the higher density of the Retina does not address the size issue at all. The Retina display has more pixels, but they don't do me any good from a real-estate point of view. You don't get any more windows or palettes on the screen than you would with a non-Retina 15". The Retina is equivalent to the old 1440 15", just sharper. One can scale it to different resolutions, but that just results in text that's too small to read and blurrier than a non-Retina display.

The bottom line is that a 15" Retina is not a particularly good substitute for a 17" screen. That doesn't mean Apple is bad for discontinuing it, just that it is now a vacant category. It is not filled in with the rMBP.

Well it filled my want for the 17" screen. I guess to each his own then.
  • Reply 122 of 136
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Well it filled my want for the 17" screen. I guess to each his own then.

That's obviously excellent news, but I'm confused.

A standard 15" MacBook screen is 1440 pixels wide. Let's pick arbitrary sizes for a couple windows; say the main app window is 900 pixels wide and a floating palette is 252. Those two windows occupy 80% of the screen width.

Now open the same windows on a Retina MacBook. Its screen is 2880 pixels wide, but it uses twice as many pixels across the width of each window. The main app window is now 1800 pixels wide and the floating palette is 504. Despite the higher resolution, those two windows still occupy exactly 80% of the screen width.

Open the same windows on a 17" display with a width of 1920 pixels and those two windows take up only 60% of the screen width, leaving room for more windows.

But the main point is still that I want a bigger iPhone! :)

• Reply 123 of 136
    ^ post

You did the math, and since I didn't I stand corrected in the sense that I believed I had more room for windows / palettes. Anyhoo, the iPhone. I know from reading the many many posts on this site that many will be happy if they'd release a larger one, preferably the display and not the phone, as far as this is possible.

Would a 4.7" or a 5" get more real estate, or would it simply result in an Android experience; blown up phone apps for a larger screen.

Disclaimer: not that all Android apps are simply blown up on larger phones, I'm sure there are developers making real use of larger displays, but someone else needs to confirm this.

If they release a larger display iPhone I certainly hope the 4" model sticks around as I actually preferred the 3.5" screen model even more than the current one. As little as it has grown, I liked the smaller FF.
  • Reply 124 of 136
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

If they release a larger display iPhone I certainly hope the 4" model sticks around as I actually preferred the 3.5" screen model even more than the current one. As little as it has grown, I liked the smaller FF.

If I can't have a BIG screen, I too would prefer the 3.5". A screen that's only a little bigger than what they make now doesn't really help and just makes it harder to use.

Honestly, I don't know why they don't just offer a voice-capable version of the iPad mini and call it a day!

• Reply 125 of 136
    Honestly, I don't know why they don't just offer a voice-capable version of the iPad mini and call it a day!

LOL

Yeah those phablets from the competition are looking ridiculously large sometimes.
  • Reply 126 of 136
    If apple is really releasing this, they are losing talent or just being greedy, the iPhone 6 is supposed to be a radical design that no one has, I truly believe tim cook is playing stupid or dosent have what it takes to bringing a wow feeling to consumers. That means you bring in a true visionary to take over. steve jobs always talked about how he wished one day we can video chat like startrack, tim cook does not have that dna in his blood. the ONLY reason apple is keeping tim cook in their deep thinking minds is because they don't want to break something thats not broken yet. every product should have their own trademark , apple thanks for letting iOS be the same on each iOS device because of the eco system , but stop bring out the same design for each module. you know what your doing exactly.
  • Reply 127 of 136
    Originally Posted by Nima Fargo View Post

If apple is really releasing this, they are losing talent or just being greedy

Just leave. The article is about a fake product.

…the iPhone 6 is supposed to be a radical design that no one has…

Oh, is it now? On whose authority?

I truly believe tim cook is playing stupid or docent have what it takes to bringing a wow feeling to consumers.

Yeah, just leave.

the ONLY reason apple is keeping tim cook in their deep thinking minds is because they don't want to break something thats not broken yet.

Prove it or shut up. Hint: you can’t prove it.

• Reply 128 of 136

First off all i said IF.

and yes we have not had a wow feeling since iPhone 1 which is the truth.

and third i LOVE apple thats why i love talking about their products. i will be honest with the company i love . a real customer , 

• Reply 129 of 136
    Originally Posted by Nima Fargo View Post

First off all i said IF.

Good for you. And?

and yes we have not had a wow feeling since iPhone 1 which is the truth.

No, really, keep lying.

i LOVE apple

Rule #4.

• Reply 130 of 136
    eric38eric38 Posts: 100member
    Dear Apple:

Please hire Martin Hajek to design the next iPhone. His vision of what it could be looks awesome.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
    V5V

I agree. It's amazing how much better that looks than the already beautiful 5s. I think I'd buy a phone like that that off-contract, rather than waiting for my upgrade.
  • Reply 131 of 136
    eric38eric38 Posts: 100member
    rogifan wrote: »
    his renders look too much like Samsung Galaxy devices. And i agree that hell will have frozen over if Apple uses asymmetrical bezels in the next iPhone.

I think anything Apple does with a larger screen is going to resemble an S4 in a way, primarily due to the size of the screen.
  • Reply 132 of 136
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    eric38 wrote: »
    I think anything Apple does with a larger screen is going to resemble an S4 in a way, primarily due to the size of the screen.

There seems to be a decent enough variety in the design of larger phones (Samsung's design looks worst here IMO):

but Apple would struggle to maintain their iconic design with such a large display. Some people think that's an indication they'll move away from their design, I think it's an indication they won't use such a large display. They could even make the phone physically smaller with a 4.2-4.3" edge to edge display.
  • Reply 133 of 136
    Marvin wrote: »
    They could even make the phone physically smaller with a 4.2-4.3" edge to edge display.

I'd be ok with that; it's just I don't want another size increase in the FF. I think the 3.5" models were the best, FF size-wise.
  • Reply 134 of 136
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    potatoman wrote: »
    I think they could. I just made these two rough sketches of a 4.7" and 5.2" iphone and they still look pretty iconic to me. The circle home button and symmetrical design is what does it.

I should have added 'without making it too unwieldy'. They can of course build the same design at any size (they make an 8" iPad with the iconic design) but to retain the iconic design requires having larger top and bottom bezels so for a given screen size, Apple's model will be physically larger than competing devices.

People will make a reference to the physical sizes they are familiar with. When you put the current 4" model in between, it makes the others look far more cumbersome:

4.7" just looks too bulky. The following review shows the Blackberry Z10 and brings in the iPhone 5 for comparison at the end:

[VIDEO]

The reviewer describes the size as comfortable and it shows up the wasted space on the iPhone. I think that edge to edge display style looks better too. It's like the iMac style. If Apple used a similar form factor to the Z10 but pushed the display out, I reckon they could get a 4.3" in there. The pixels wouldn't necessarily have to go right to the edges as long as it was black to the edge on every model but if the pixels can go that far, even better.

I wonder if they can put the Facetime camera in the middle behind the earphone slot (assuming they can't have a display modification to replace the camera) and then put an earphone speaker to either side but pointed inwards. That might allow the top bezel to come down and they can squeeze in the home button bezel. If they can get the proximity sensor in the earphone hole too, that would help clean up the whole top part. The Blackberry one hides this at the top of the display.
  • Reply 135 of 136
    I have an experience to share with you guys. Once I was in a remote place, my signal in my phone got jammed, i thought the problem would be with my service provider. After coming back home i gave black and blues to my customer care highlighting my issue. They pleaded me saying that the problem is not with them. Then i browsed through the search engine regarding my issue, i got a remedy for my cell phone, there i came to know the problem called signal jamming that is experienced in most cell phones. They have a product called cell phone jammer could be very useful to get rid of these problems. Check out the details here cell jammer kit and hope this information would be beneficial. Hope that u would pass this information to all your friends, so that they too would benefited, Stay safe, Cheers