Apple releases iOS 7.1 with CarPlay support, Siri and Touch ID improvements

Comments

• Reply 41 of 137
    I can now conference call more then 8 people !
  • Reply 42 of 137
    So happy to see the finally fixed the calendar month view. It was one of my biggest complains about iOS 7.0
  • Reply 43 of 137
    Installed a few hours ago. My iPhone 5 now sure feel snappier. UI enhancements here and there looks great. Good stuff.
  • Reply 44 of 137
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Must be my slow iPhone. Normally I'm #1 to make a derogative remark about the competition.

What competition? :D
  • Reply 45 of 137
    One of the things that really pisses me off is the today view that shows you the weather but does not show you the current temperature all the time. It shows you the high for the day and it shows you the low for the day sometimes but doesn't show you the current temperature all the time. That really pisses me off that you cannot control that.

Miniscule rant over.
  • Reply 46 of 137

ufff ok.  these file is heavy. let me se if there some issues or advantages installing the full image instead of having the patch. 

• Reply 47 of 137
    gavzagavza Posts: 19member

Hooray - I can finally read the time and see the battery status on my home screen now.  Previously the brightness of my home screen photo made it very difficult to see then clearly.  Glad they addressed this.

• Reply 48 of 137
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

Nice update! I just hope the constant Safari crash is fixed. It happens at least 10 times a day for me on my iPhone 5s. Same with my iPad. 

We tested it using our web app, it used to crash on iPad 2/iPad mini, now runs fine without problems.

• Reply 49 of 137
    Just starting the download. I'm hoping some of these
    phone resets/springboard crashes are fixed. Has been the bane of my life in the past number of months.

I, too, am hoping the crashes during app switching/springboard ops are resolved. They certainly are annoying for such an expensive device.

If iPhone crashes are the worst thing in your life then you are a very lucky person - count your blessings.
  • Reply 50 of 137
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

• Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000

Finally ! It's about time they dedicated substantial resources for this scourge. /s

Seriously, even though it was probably a simple quick fix, this is sooo trivial and much more a personal organizational problem than a technical one. I guess some business users could possibly carry 10,000 emails for business or legal issues, but unread ?

• Reply 51 of 137
    sporlo wrote: »
    Nevermind. Turn this setting on, then visit Maps. Major bug. Search field is black. Text is black. Text is invisible. Well done Apple. Solid testing. (feedback submitted)

I don't have this issue.
  • Reply 52 of 137

Guys..... mine just froze for 10 seg opening mail.......

• Reply 53 of 137
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    There's still a few glaring bugs like the notes-date-to-first-line-gap that shirnks and grows depending on what it wants and the duplicate alarms that get created in Calendar. Both bugs which have been around for months now.
  • Reply 54 of 137
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    ...and it took 17 posts before Google and/or Android got an off-topic mention. ;)

That's the same as Ars Technica, when an article about Microsoft is being posted on. We get all of those anti Apple people posting something pretty quickly. Strange to see it there though. But then, we get a lot of anti Apple posting in Apple articles too.

Let's face it, there's a rivalry between all of the various OSs and manufacturers. It will never stop anywhere, and you just have to get used to it, and stop letting it bother you.
  • Reply 55 of 137
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    melgross wrote: »
    That's the same as Ars Technica, when an article about Microsoft is being posted on. We get all of those anti Apple people posting something pretty quickly. Strange to see it there though. But then, we get a lot of anti Apple posting in Apple articles too.

Let's face it, there's a rivalry between all of the various OSs and manufacturers. It will never stop anywhere, and you just have to get used to it, and stop letting it bother you.

It doesn't bother me at all. :smokey:
  • Reply 56 of 137
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by glancingaft View Post

So happy to see the finally fixed the calendar month view. It was one of my biggest complains about iOS 7.0

Calendar Month View

Jan 2007 - Sept 2013

Calendar Month View

March 2014 to Present

Guess Apple can chock that one up to, "Oops."

• Reply 57 of 137
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by glancingaft View Post

Didn't hear about other changes to the calendar except for what's listed, but any chance the ability to duplicate events with a swipe on the device has been added?

Thanks.

• Reply 58 of 137
    Agreed! The springboard/multitasking crash was my entire eagerness for this update! At LAST!!

So far, on my iPad Air, I couldn't get it to crash! My iPhone 5S is still installing. So, I'll see when it's done. But, so far, everything is MUCH snappier and (appears to be) more stable! Transitions are very noticeably more snappy.

I also agree with the earlier post: It'd been nice to just rest my thumb on the TouchID sensor for Siri to know when I'm still dictating.

Maybe next time.
  • Reply 59 of 137
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    It doesn't bother me at all. :smokey:

Of course not. What was I thinking?
  • Reply 60 of 137
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:

Unable to Check for Update

An error occured while checking for

a software update.