Any info on the SE T-68i phone?

Comments

• Reply 121 of 188
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    If it's a mockup then sure, it could loook fake. That doesn't mean that they're not going to release the gizmo, it just means that you may not be seeing a true "production model" straight off the delivery line. Tons of crap you see in magazines these days are mockups of proposed products.

D
  • Reply 122 of 188
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    What's with Siemens anyway, all their phones are so rounded and fat-looking. For some reason they really don't appeal to me... but wow, that is a tiny phone, Belle!

And Nokia, their phones are so alien-looking, sometimes their styling of the phones is just too much, it's ugly. Less is more, Nokia, hello. Cool phones, but quite gaudy in many a circumstance.

Kyocera is just.. bleh. And Motorola too, with the possible exception of some of the ideas in the v.70 (too bad it's a crappy phone under that cool plastic job that costs $300).

Sony-Ericsson I like, though, in their newest line (post-T68i).. getting a little more minimalist with the T300, I really like that. And the P800 of course.

I'd KILL to see what Apple could come up with for a phone's industrial design... *drool*
  • Reply 123 of 188
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>I see what you mean. According to the site, the SL55 is supposed to get its formal introduction tomorrow, so I guess we'll know for sure then. </strong><hr></blockquote>

So do you read or google Czech?

I ask, because I don't know how to say "Bluetooth" in Czech.
  • Reply 124 of 188
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    There's very little in the way of specifications about the SL55. It seems that it should have feature parity with the S55, though, which has Bluetooth.

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: Belle ]</p>
  • Reply 125 of 188

<strong>

Çinit malý.

There's very little in the way of specifications about the SL55. It seems that it should have feature parity with the S55, though, which has Bluetooth.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

NerozumÃ*m ti. Sorry—I only have a Deutsch-Tschechisch travel book.

Thanks for the the SL55 tip, though. I'll have to see if I can find it in town, and if Siemens employee get a discount.
  • Reply 126 of 188
    [quote]Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights:

<strong>NerozumÃ*m ti. Sorry—I only have a Deutsch-Tschechisch travel book.

Thanks for the the SL55 tip, though. I'll have to see if I can find it in town, and if Siemens employee get a discount.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Damn you for quoting me. I gave up because I could only get a C with cedilla, not a hacek.

You're a Siemens employee? Shouldn't you be providing us with inside information?

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: Belle ]</p>
  • Reply 127 of 188

<strong>

Damn you for quoting me. I gave up because I could only get a C with cedilla, not a hacek.

You're a Siemens employee? Shouldn't you be providing us with inside information?

I'll give all the insider information you want... provided is has something to do with airbags.

My friend in Romania is named Lucut, but there's supposed to be a little cedilla thing under the "t". I can't get that with standard HTML either. Romanian isn't even Cyrillic— it's probably the closest thing to Latin, and I still can't get most of the characters.

I looked around town, and no one has the SL55 yet. I'm going to keep lookin'.
  • Reply 128 of 188
    [quote]Originally posted by tonton:

<strong>Testing:

Lucuţ

Činit malý</strong><hr></blockquote>

You rock!

Of course, this doesn’t work in The Most Vile Browser in the Standards World—Netscape 4.x.
  • Reply 129 of 188

<strong>Testing:

Lucuţ

Činit malý</strong><hr></blockquote>

Smartass.

• Reply 130 of 188
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Sonyericsson is announcing the successor to the T68i on monday... just thought I'd let you know. Got any juicy info Harald?
  • Reply 131 of 188
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Tonton:

That Felix bar is quite wild isn't it? Well it was last week anyway ...

New:

Yep, I know about it. It's nothing outrageously suprising as all the bells and whistles in this generation are already in this generation: bluetooth / gprs / mms etc.

It does have a similar browser to the P800 in that it can handle suitably formatted sites in just about any standard (cHTML aka iMode, WAP, HTML etc. etc. etc.) ... it's very very cute, more responsive then T68, PISSES over the Nokia in the same segment ...

[ 11-29-2002: Message edited by: Harald ]</p>
  • Reply 132 of 188

<strong>OS X is great for international languages!

It's pretty easy to place those characters.

Thank you for that, tonton! I have the Show Character Palette menu doohicky up because I use it for mathematical symbols, but I've never played around with it. Tibetan does look kind of cool.
  • Reply 133 of 188
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Harald: Your my man! You just got me outrageously exited anyway... . Any ideas on availability?
  • Reply 134 of 188
    [quote]Originally posted by New:

<strong>[b]Any ideas on availability?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can find out fairly easily. It's not going to replace my T68 though ...

P800 (as has been posted by others here) is back to Jan. They ARE knockin' out the hardware -- it exists fellas -- but are STILL having software-related power management problems: the battery lasts as long as I do in bed -- a few hours under heavy use -- when you want it last as long as Hassan i Sabbah -- a week or more.

It will be fixed.

It will rock.

Hard.
  • Reply 135 of 188
    ooh.

and I was just considering a T68i.

Shame on me. I should, in all my AIness, be much more expectant of what's next®!
  • Reply 136 of 188
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>New:

Yep, I know about it. It's nothing outrageously suprising as all the bells and whistles in this generation are already in this generation: bluetooth / gprs / mms etc.

It does have a similar browser to the P800 in that it can handle suitably formatted sites in just about any standard (cHTML aka iMode, WAP, HTML etc. etc. etc.) ... it's very very cute, more responsive then T68, PISSES over the Nokia in the same segment ...

[quote]<strong>

P800 (as has been posted by others here) is back to Jan. They ARE knockin' out the hardware -- it exists fellas -- but are STILL having software-related power management problems: the battery lasts as long as I do in bed -- a few hours under heavy use -- when you want it last as long as Hassan i Sabbah -- a week or more.

Hark! the angel Harald sings! And he tells me to wait... just a little longer.

But let me see if I get that last bit right—you’re on the phone while doin’ the nasty thing? Won’t your WAP get screwed up by your SMS?
  • Reply 137 of 188
    tonton: That was my first time in HK. Did a little tour of the area. Taking a wazz by pointing Mr. Johnson at the Kowloon skyline is quite a trip. Rammed with German engineers on the pull, but you can't have everything. That Fook Lam Moon in Central is quite some restaurant anyway. Phew-WEE. What a place, what a place.

On the compatibility thing, yes, this is because Nokia have software engineers that aren't as good as the software engineers at other companies. Simple. Aaaaaand Apple and SE both adopted standards like SyncML.

Jonathan: I reckon it's like computers. Nothing's more useless then the one you've not got. I don't actually have any REALLY firm idea when something's coming out ... had ya asked me about the P800 back in March I would have told you September, because that's what SE thought ... Only the guy who makes the call knows for certain ... and he changes his mind ...

GoED: I can handle multiple events at the same time.
  • Reply 138 of 188
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>[The T68i-successor] does have a similar browser to the P800 in that it can handle suitably formatted sites in just about any standard (cHTML aka iMode, WAP, HTML etc. etc. etc.) ... it's very very cute, more responsive then T68, PISSES over the Nokia in the same segment ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Harald: I didn't see an announcement today and couldn't find anything on the <a href="http://www.sonyericsson.com/"; target="_blank">Sony Ericsson website</a>. Any comments from the inside?

I really want a new phone that synchronizes its contact and calendar information with Palm Desktop (my PIM). But I don't care about Bluetooth at all. A plain USB cable would be just fine for me since I'm less likely to loose the cable than a USB dongle. Are there any options besides the T68? As far as I can tell there aren't any right now. I'd be willing to use an different PIM once I replace my Palm with a mobile phone.

Escher
  • Reply 139 of 188
    I am wondering when this announcement took place as well, and what the fruits of it might be.

I hope, I hope, a T368 or something, like a T300 but with the stuff in the T68i, like Bluetooth, and PIM functions... why did they take it away? Or maybe a T68i that has polyphonic ringtones, games, replacable faceplates, and a clean design liek the T300, I'd buy that. I just want the best of both worlds, that's all.
  • Reply 140 of 188
    And that was a nice try with the whole AppleInsider-esque "Oh, Sony-Ericsson is coming out with new phones on Monday!!" thing, but no!

Sony-Ericsson has announced that they will not be releasing any new phones, nor did they release any today.. all of the wireless sites have this info now. \

So go get a T68i. That is, unless you want a camera attachment for free, or you want polyphonic (MIDI/WAV) ringtones, or you want games, or you want changeable faceplates.. but you knew that. And you can save more money on the phone if you get it through Amazon, just $49 after rebates.