Tim Cook slams new anti-Apple book as 'nonsense' [update: author responds]

Comments

• Reply 81 of 129
    pfisher wrote: »
    I think Apple's software division is sucking. Hardware is great. 

I have frequent problems I didn't have in the past. Worse, Apple is aware of the problems, but they don't seem to be timely about addressing. Like Mail, which I stopped using when I lost mail (using Airmail, thank you very much).

Now problem (today) is using Numbers. Made spreadsheet in Excel, works fine in Numbers and Numbers on the web. But does not work with iOS (does not show up on phone).

I had to copy and paste data from each tab into a new spreadsheet, screwing up the formatting.

New problem? Issue on iOS with fonts. Others having same problem for a long time.

And, like a lot of people, the Apple fetish with circle designs everywhere doesn't work well. And iOS icons, to start, are pretty ugly and inconsistent.

Off my rant...

Edit: Solution: From Numbers, export and email offending spreadsheet as Excel file. Save from email and open in Numbers. Problem fixed.

(Apple user for 30+ years)

Edit: 1000
  • Reply 82 of 129
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blandersonsf View Post

[trollish garbage]

I'm going to ask you 2 Qs before I block you:

1. I noticed you conveniently left out the S5 fingerprint sensor out of your list of "features". Why? Also, what do you have to say to the fact that while every single hands-on has stated that the finger print sensor is unreliable, awkward to use, poorly thought out, and almost impossible to use with one hand, TouchID pretty much perfected the solution- 5 months ago? Are you proud of these shitty implementations of features? Would you want Apple to adopt such a strategy? Do you not care that the S5 fingerprint sensor, is by all accounts, complete shit? Of course you don't- because it's not on an Apple product, so you'll let shittiness pass. What about 64bit? Again, you conveniently skip that part. 

2. Do you not realize that the 5S was released a full 5 months ago, while the S5 isn't even out yet? That's 6 full months between launches. Do you not think this is a relevant factor when doing a spec-for-spec processing comparison (since processing power doubles every year) or are you being purposefully deceitful and obtuse? Also, do you know of a single person on the entire fucking planet that has experienced slowdown on a 5S? I haven't. If not- then why is this even relevant to mention? It's not 1995 anymore. Stop playing the deceitful spec game. 

• Reply 83 of 129
    "This nonsense belongs with some of the other books I've read about Apple," Cook said.

A polite way of saying they've all be used for wiping his butt.

The problem is that it seems this book is so crap it might be doing the reverse to the job Tim has assigned it.
  • Reply 84 of 129
    tnsftnsf Posts: 203member
    I don't think Tim was starting a conversation. He was ending one.
  • Reply 85 of 129
    Dudes! So glad to see the cookster striking back! If I were working for Apple , that would be SO GOOD for my morale.

Of course there IS a conversation. But it's about what a crappybook this is.

Not what most authors hope for.
  • Reply 86 of 129

Yukari Iwatani Kane is an idiot and probably received money from Samdung to write that trash. They can't build quality phones to outperform the iPhone so they try and pay people to carry their brand. She had Samdung laptops and tablets but probably typed it all up on a Macbook Pro... LMAO

• Reply 87 of 129
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Apple is the most watched company in the world. You better know what you're talking about if you are going to write a book about it otherwise there will be hundreds of people who could easily tear your work to bits if you stumble into even the smallest factual error or the slightest implausible opinion. I noticed that Ms. Kane started reporting on Apple only in 2011. So she wasn't really paying attention during the period spanning the iPhone and iPad introductions, and the years prior to that. No wonder she has a very shallow grasp of what Apple and Steve Jobs is all about.

I don't think her journalistic transgressions reach down to Judith Miller levels, but this sort of shoddy research and analysis is the sort of work that ruins a nonfiction writer's reputation. I don't really ascribe it to malice on her part, just sheer intellectual laziness-- she decided to start writing before answering the question "Have I grokked Apple enough to write about it?" Obviously, the answer is "No".
  • Reply 88 of 129
    dnd0psdnd0ps Posts: 253member
    Don't feed the troll Timmy
  • Reply 89 of 129

Thank you Yukari Iwatani Kane (https://twitter.com/yukarikane) for having the courage and integrity to do a thorough, yet fair, job and Apple and its creepy Führer Tim Cook and his "purity" (racial purity?) obsessed bumboy John Ivy. You will certainly incur the wrath of countless brainless isheep, retard fanbois, and assorted internet tough-guys and paid bloggers, but this only shows that you truly hit a nerve! Well done!

Haunted Empire is a great book, I already ordered three copies on Amazon, one for me, and two to give away as gifts.

Love the cover -- the subtle mockery of iOS 7 (or whatever it is called) is great! Of course the cover would have been even better with a ghosly shadow of the creepy emanciated Steve Jobs looming in the background.

#HauntedEmpire 

• Reply 90 of 129
    Thank you Yukari Iwatani Kane (https://twitter.com/yukarikane) for having the courage and integrity to do a thorough, yet fair,  job and Apple and its creepy Führer Tim Cook and his "purity" (racial purity?) obsessed bumboy John Ivy. 

Haunted Empire is a great book, I already ordered three copies on Amazon, one for me, and two to give away as gifts.

Love the cover -- the subtle mockery of iOS 7 (or whatever it is called) is great! Of course the cover would have been even better with a ghosly shadow of the creepy emanciated MasterOfWar looming in the background.

#HauntedEmpire /s
  • Reply 91 of 129
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

you isheep and apple-tards are sure in love with that obnoxious "/s"....

• Reply 92 of 129
    you isheep and apple-tards are sure in love with that obnoxious "/s"....

No; just truth and justice.
  • Reply 93 of 129
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

No; just truth and justice.

Kind of embarassing for an Englishman to brown-nose some USian patent-trolling fruit company.

For whom the bells tolls...  

• Reply 94 of 129
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blandersonsf View Post

And i hattteeee how apple delegates the memory in its devices. 

And just to whom did apple delegate the memory to?

• Reply 95 of 129
    Kind of embarrassing for an Englishman to brown-nose some USian patent-trolling fruit company.

For whom the bell tolls...  
  • Reply 96 of 129
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I love how these people, who haven't worked a day in their fucking lives at Apple nor have a damn clue about any aspect of how the company is run, feel entitled enough to write a book making such ridiculous agenda-driven conclusions. The sad thing is because this book is about Apple, and has such a negative title, it will probably make a shitload of money, even though it is filled with nothing but superficialities and near-lies.

Slurpy... what a handle indeed!

Do you fantasize about slurping up Tim Cook's cum?

Or is merely that Apple gagdets make you cum?  

• Reply 97 of 129
    Wrong choice to name this book "haunted empire". To the author: be sensitive enough that not only Jobs made Apple what it is today. There are also thousands and thousands of employees who also made their part. It is called a "corporation", in case you missed that part out.

"My hope in writing this book was to be thought-provoking and to start a conversation which I'm glad it has." - Are you just needy for attention? We'll you got it, by making a fool out of yourself.
  • Reply 98 of 129

Thank you Yukari Iwatani Kane (https://twitter.com/yukarikane) for having the courage and integrity to do a thorough, yet fair, job and Apple and its creepy Führer Tim Cook and his "purity" (racial purity?) obsessed bumboy John Ivy. You will certainly incur the wrath of countless brainless isheep, retard fanbois, and assorted internet tough-guys and paid bloggers, but this only shows that you truly hit a nerve! Well done!

Love the cover -- the subtle mockery of iOS 7 (or whatever it is called) is great! Of course the cover would have been even better with a ghosly shadow of that creepy emanciated Steve Jobs looming in the background.

#HauntedEmpire

• Reply 99 of 129
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

When asked to comment on the book, Cook should have said, 'I haven't read it.'

The book is crap.

The reviewers know it's crap.

The author knows it's crap; her objective is to keep people talking about it for as long as she can.

I don't think Tim was as concerned by his portrayal; he was probably incensed by the portrayal of Apple's employees, and while his instinct to stand up for his staff is admirable, I think this was a poor response.

• Reply 100 of 129
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfWar View Post

Slurpy... what a handle indeed!

Do you fantasize about slurping up Tim Cook's cum?

Or is merely that Apple gagdets make you cum?  

Don't think I've ever seen anyone so obviously in denial .... :\

It's the 21st century my friend; no need to hide behind fake homophobia. Just put on your cheeky leather chaps and start the party!