Florian Mueller backs Samsung legal strategy of trivializing Apple's technology

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    How about some facts in this discussion, so we can put some context around 5 patents at $40 per pop.

Firstly, Apple wasn't first to come up with "slide to unlock"... http://www.gsmhistory.com/vintage-mobiles/#neonode_n1_2004

Apple wasn't even the first with a capacitive touch screen, round corners or look and feel of a smart phone: http://www.gsmhistory.com/vintage-mobiles/#prada

What Apple do have is the deep pockets to sue others and claim they were first..
    Apple have good marketing on top of a good product which was made up of a lot of components from other places. Cudo's to them for the product, keep producing more and compete in the market place - try suing less, it hurts your customers by holding back progress of technology by spending $ on lawyers instead.

Maybe neonode should have sued apple for $40/phone for using slide to unlock!
    Or LG, another $40/phone, for Look and Feel of a rounded rectangle smartphone with a capacitive screen..  sheesh 

Shut up and go away.
  • Reply 82 of 88
    elmoofo wrote: »
    Florian changed his tone, overnight, a few months ago. Whoever proves when/how Samsung bought him off will be my hero.

I read that he had a falling-out with a neighbour who worked at Apple, to the extent that the Apple guy was sueing him.
  • Reply 83 of 88
    jessijessi Posts: 302member
    Universally, people who trivialize patents are people who have never actually invented anything.

People who think the system needs reform are universally people who don't understand what patents are

And people who think Apple's being abusive, are people who are pro-android.

The ENTIRE anti-patent movement started in January of 2007 when Google decided it would have to infringe in order to compete.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    jessi wrote: »
    Universally, people who trivialize patents are people who have never actually invented anything.

People who think the system needs reform are universally people who don't understand what patents are

The ENTIRE anti-patent movement started in January of 2007 when Google decided it would have to infringe in order to compete.

Put to a tee.
  • Reply 85 of 88
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Eric, if you refuse to believe the truth then there's not much I can do about it, is there?  If numerous people pointed this out to me then I missed it until your post which I responded to with a , 'well that explains it'.  Was there a point to your post outside of childish name calling?  I'm not sure what else you want from me. 

Sigh.  So the "conversation" started with name calling, replied to with a cordial response, which was replied to with a "ZOMG NO ONE BELIEVES YOU" type post sprinkled with more name calling.  Eric, I hope you can see why I didn't attempt to answer your questions in the past.  As I had said, it didn't look like you were actually interested in a level headed conversation.  Your behavior in that thread and this one have only served to confirm my initial line of thinking.  I hoped that after having some time to cool off from the other thread (you seemed rather worked up) that you would be more level headed this time around.  Unfortunately that didn't pan out.  Oh well, it's not the first time I was wrong and certainly won't be the last.

• Reply 86 of 88
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    jessi wrote: »

At least you're in the right thread. Mueller gained his notoriety as a patent expert during his NoSoftwarePatents.com days, a site he helped found in 2004
  • Reply 87 of 88
    spock1234spock1234 Posts: 160member

Brilliant article! Thanks for calling out Mueller's on his hypocritical stance on patents. 

Last year, he was telling us how successful Apple was in enforcing its (significant) patents against Samsung in every jurisdiction outside of Korea, and how poor Samsung's track record in their attack against Apple. Now, all of a sudden he is telling us the exact opposite - how horribly Apple is doing in all "neutral" jurisdictions and how great Samsung is doing. Really, Florian? Do you even read your old blogs before posting this stuff.

Another example - last year he took a strong stand against Motorola's attempt to extort money from Apple for the Qualcomm baseband chip used in the iPhone (even though Qualcomm had duly licensed this patent from Motorola). But now, he is backing Samsung in the case over the Infineon baseband chip, even thought the parallels to the Motorola-Quallcom case are exact. 

For reasons only he knows, Mueller's has done an about-face on some key issues, and is now taking absurdly pro-Samsung positions. He has completely lost all credibility on this issue - not because he is suddenly anti-Apple, but because he is hypocritical and anti-logic.

• Reply 88 of 88
    spock1234spock1234 Posts: 160member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Tianao View Post

How about some facts in this discussion, so we can put some context around 5 patents at $40 per pop.

Firstly, Apple wasn't first to come up with "slide to unlock"... http://www.gsmhistory.com/vintage-mobiles/#neonode_n1_2004

Apple wasn't even the first with a capacitive touch screen, round corners or look and feel of a smart phone: http://www.gsmhistory.com/vintage-mobiles/#prada

What Apple do have is the deep pockets to sue others and claim they were first..

Apple have good marketing on top of a good product which was made up of a lot of components from other places. Cudo's to them for the product, keep producing more and compete in the market place - try suing less, it hurts your customers by holding back progress of technology by spending $ on lawyers instead.

Maybe neonode should have sued apple for $40/phone for using slide to unlock!

Or LG, another $40/phone, for Look and Feel of a rounded rectangle smartphone with a capacitive screen..  sheesh 

OMG, not this again!!

You really need to stop posting about stuff you don't understand. The Prada and Neonode claims were debunked months ago. You only dig these up because you have nothing useful to say. Nobody here is going waste their time educating you on these topics.