Samsung braced for "iPhone 5 Tsunami," targeted an "attack" on Apple's customer base

Comments

• Reply 81 of 107
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mstone wrote: »
    Who cares, it is just a photo?

[image]

It's OK for you to post a photo of an execution but Dilger posts a photo that shows nary a human soul and he's a scumbag?
  • Reply 82 of 107
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You can post a photo of an execution and it's OK but Dilger posts a photo that shows nary a human soul and he's a scumbag?

Yes, that's pretty funny.

The same people who were offended by water and waves, are now the same people posting executions. Go figure.

• Reply 83 of 107
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You just insulted everyone with acanthosis nigricans and scleroderma¡ (Only two diseases I could find that can cause a thickening of the skin, in case my comment was too obscure)

Two of my aunts have scleroderma.

I'm offended now. /s

Good thing I didn't see this infamous image.
  • Reply 84 of 107
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

It's OK for you to post a photo of an execution but Dilger posts a photo that shows nary a human soul and he's a scumbag?

I'm not a journalist.  I'm saying  the image that was posted had the same lack of responsibility as this execution photo. "Apple executes their marketing plan at the detriment of Samsung's poor execution in their marketing strategy. Execution is everything in the smartphone industry."

• Reply 85 of 107
    No one ever died because of a marketing campaign.

And someone died of a cartoon image?!

Chill out, man.
  • Reply 86 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Chill out, man.

Yeah you're right. This happens to me every time I return to the states,

• Reply 87 of 107
    I'm not a journalist.  I'm saying  the image that was posted had the same lack of responsibility as this execution photo. "Apple executes their marketing plan at the detriment of Samsung's poor execution in their marketing strategy. Execution is everything in the smartphone industry."

Neither you nor DIlger took the photo/video in question but you're only upset with his posting of something where people died, not your own. I doubt anyone saw your post and thought, "mstone is in favour of murdering the Viet Cong" so why jump to an irrational assumption that Dilger is in favour of tsunami killing people.

To me, your posting of the image looks a lot worse to me than his since his posting was clearly because Samsung mentioned a tsunami, yet your intent was clearly to shock as you stated you are trying to show "the same lack of responsibility" which means you were purposely being irresponsible to make your point.

Shouldn't we at least try to consider if someone is trying to be offensive instead of having a knee-jerk* reaction to everything?

*I apologize to everyone with twitchy knee syndrome.
  • Reply 88 of 107
    Quote:

To me, your posting of the image looks a lot worse to me than his since his posting was clearly because Samsung mentioned a tsunami, yet your intent was clearly to shock as you stated you are trying to show "the same lack of responsibility" which means you were purposely being irresponsible to make your point.

Apologizes for the shook image but as I said, I am not a journalist and I hold them to a higher standard. Fortunately, the original image has been replaced so everything is ok now. I made my point even to extremes so it is a non-issue at this point. Sorry for any offense I created, but I am very passionate about the Japan tsunami issue.

• Reply 89 of 107
    hametahameta Posts: 79member
    This whole argument/debate is ridiculous.

ABSOLUTELY !

Be Aware !, You Three

mstone, SolipsismX, dasanman69

Are DERAILING The Argument of THREAD COMPLETELY !!!
  • Reply 90 of 107

I was going to post an image of the planet Earth, but it's the site where billions of people have perished, and that would be insensitive.

• Reply 91 of 107
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    People who are easily offended offend me.

I don't believe that an image should be removed because a few individuals CHOSE to be offended.

My recommendation to these people, who were obviously first in line to donate to the tragedy and jumped on a plane and flew to Japan to assist first hand, stick to your morales and refuse to visit AppleInsider any more.

Good riddance.

[B]Censors: People who improve other people's morales.[/B]
  • Reply 92 of 107
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Knowing that I can't imagine I would use the image but I wonder where does this sensitivity end? [@]dasanman69[/@] posted an image he feels is acceptable. Is it because it's a painting? Would the same image painted be acceptable or does it have to be a fictional event so that there is no possible way to have a direct connection to a living person?

There seems to be a boat in that painting, I presume there are people on board. Still, they seem to be doing fine, no matter how high the waves are.

For example the Apple PowerMac 9500 was code named Tsunami.

And 'Autobahn':

http://www.welovemacs.com/appo95sp.html

jungmark wrote: »
    Good thing I didn't see this infamous image.

I'm late to this thread, and I don't see the image either. Apparently it did make AI editors to redact it.

edit: forgot what I wanted to say: I thought during last years' court case we learned that Samsung doesn't keep emails for longer than 2 weeks; how come we get to read upon old emails from Samsung this time around? Are these court cases going to be flooded with emails now?

PS: is DED's handle on Twitter 'autocorrects'?
  • Reply 93 of 107
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I was going to post an image of the planet Earth, but it's the site where billions of people have perished, and that would be insensitive.

Yet Google heartlessly uses it as the icon for Google Earth, blithely ignoring the rapes, murders, torture, suffering and pain.

Oh, the inhumanity.
  • Reply 94 of 107
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Obviously there are still plenty of gullible people around, judging by all the comments based on Samsung's PR spin.

From the email in the article:-

"- PR attack plan by pointing out iPhone 5's weakness (small 4 inch LCD size)"

I can't believe how easily Samsung manipulates people.
  • Reply 95 of 107
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Try searching the web for "Black Friday deaths" and rethink that statement.

Actually, I was reading an article today (I forget where) about how "Frozen" merchandise was so out-of-stock and in-demand that fights had broken out.  Granted, no deaths (yet).  But the thought of two soccer moms duking it out at the Disney store for the last Anna doll sort of makes me laugh.

Also, depending, it could be hot.  :)

PS: I LOVE "Frozen" and say that as someone who is definitely NOT a Disney fan.  Listening to it right now, as a matter of fact.

• Reply 96 of 107
    Scamscum, a.k.a. The Peyton Manning to Apple's Russell Wilson or whoever is playing his team that year.

Scam=shitty company scum=Fandroids that bash Apple and talk up a line of products that have shown a marketing blitz (no matter how shitty) can get big sales for a piece of crap. Samsung's products are the current age Nokia. Cheap devices that can be given away (seriously you never even see Apple's third generation devices going two-for-one) so those same carriers that give away Samsung devices sell Apple's devices at a higher price, off plan, than buying from Apple.
  • Reply 97 of 107
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    So the image came from the media which, as you state, "replayed on TV over and over" that people must have been watching for them to keep replaying it. It seems like the people here who were upset with the photo have seen that image before. I hadn't seen it, but I also choose not to watch sensational news coverage. Why isn't this sensational media or the people they cater to part of the problem? I have to think that if only the facts had been presented by the media instead of the same graphic images replayed over and over like some sort of impassioned propaganda film that it wouldn't create such an irrational frenzy of emotion when shown in a different context. Aren't we better than that?

It gets replayed to give those that haven't seen it a chance to see. Not everyone is watching at the same time. The media is giving viewers what they want. They wouldn't show it if people weren't tuning in to see it. It's almost a symbiotic relationship.

I personally wasn't upset by the photo, I just thought it was in poor taste. The difference between the photo, and the painting is that with the painting what happens next is up to the beholder. A cynic will think "everyone dies", but a optimist could think "everyone lives", but we all know for sure what happened after the picture was taken.
  • Reply 98 of 107
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    It gets replayed to give those that haven't seen it a chance to see. Not everyone is watching at the same time. The media is giving viewers what they want. They wouldn't show it if people weren't tuning in to see it. It's almost a symbiotic relationship.

1) I think the media is reshowing it because it's sensationalist which will get more viewers but also repeat viewers. That's more than "just giving people a chance to see it" but feeding a horrible interest.

2) I agree it's symbiotic, but so is a drug dealers dealing drugs to addicts. They are enabling those that enjoying allowing themselves to get worked up over horrific events. How much coverage has CNN done on flight MH370? They even suggested a black hole could have swallowed up the plane!
  • Reply 99 of 107
    hill60 wrote: »
    From the email in the article:-

"- PR attack plan by pointing out iPhone 5's weakness (small 4 inch LCD size)"

I can't believe how easily Samsung manipulates people.

I can't believe how Samsung thinks 4 inches is small. (Double entendre implied.) ;)
  • Reply 100 of 107
    How much coverage has CNN done on flight MH370? They even suggested a black hole could have swallowed up the plane!

You'd think all those gravity wave detectors they got running would notice that event.