Samsung issues apology to cancer-stricken semiconductor plant workers

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Now I'm sowwy I didn't introduce the joke a bit better.

The punchline was lost in translation. :lol:
  • Reply 62 of 63
    heliahelia Posts: 170member
    Shamesung, some companies have zero respect for anything and everything
  • Reply 63 of 63
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

It is not always easy to know what illegal or unethical aspects there are in the goods you are buying if they were produced in the developing world. For example, most people don't realize that the coffee and tea they are drinking was probably produced using child labor and banned chemicals. They don't print that stuff on the label.

Personally, I believe there should be required supply chain audits done before any goods can be imported, we shouldn't be waiting until some horrible situation is discovered before investigating. If it is not required, the manufacturers will cut corners as much as possible to make a buck and that is where the problem starts. You can't trust people to just do the right thing, especially if it costs them money.

This is not a only third world issue, those people who buy Organic Milk which is produced on a family run farm or if you buy products made by American Amish are all produce with child labor. Family run farms means everyone in the family works the farm. If you going to point out the fact that most Coffee bean farms in third world are small family farms that use child labor you have to point out the fact that it is also done in the US. But really there is nothing wrong with kids working a family run farm, it build good character and work ethics.