Google usurps Apple as world's most valuable brand name, report says

Comments

• Reply 121 of 200
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

So I guess in your eyes its perfectly okay for Apple to continuously release nothing from January-September and then in Oct, release everything they've been working on?

Yep.

Because I’m 100% certain that Apple Inc. knows more about what it is doing than you do.

…you have to release things throughout the year.

Obviously you don’t, since Apple isn’t.

Not everyone is going to wait until Oct to buy the next iPhone…

Yes. They are. Because iPhones have always been released one per year. 

Some will just say screw it and either buy the current Apple product…

So then they buy an Apple product. Apple’s supposed to not want that?

or buy the next best thing…

Anyone who knows to wait–or knows about waiting–isn’t stupid enough to do that.

(or something better than what Apple offers)

*snort*

…because they don’t want to always wait until the end of the year. 

So, again, they buy a current Apple product instead. This is somehow bad for Apple?

• Reply 122 of 200
    cynic wrote: »
    Fair enough. It certainly depends how we classify success. If selling less units than even AppleTV is considered successful, then sure, certainly. I still don't think there was anything innovative about ChromeCast. It didn't offer anything new or anything we didn't see before, it was simply Google's own solution at streaming device content to a TV screen. It isn't even out long enough to judge whether it will have any impact on the industry, hence I believe it is wrong to call a new product innovative, before we even know its impact.

Just because something is not successful does not mean you can discount the hard hard work that people put into it. Many great inventions may fell and someone else will comeback and barrow that idea.

Second how do you know the apple TV sold more then the Chromecast. I am really curious I have yet to see sales figures
  • Reply 123 of 200
    rogifan wrote: »
    But hey if Apple buys Beats it will jump back to number one in no time! :rolleyes:

I just saw a story in the London Telegraph newspaper that Apple has fallen out or the top 10 in a survey of favorite retailers. Last year they topped the list. I saw another story that Samsung overtook Apple in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) for smartphones. Apple has topped this list for at least the past 3 years.

This is what happens when you go silent for 6+ months at a time. You basically create a vacuum, a void that others fill. You allow someone else to create the narrative. Perception then becomes reality. I'll never understand the thinking behind these long bouts of complete silence. I'm sick of other companies making news. I want Apple to be making news (and not over some stupid Beats acquisition).

What if Apple will release new products when they are ready to be released? Did that ever cross your mind? No, it probably did not.
  • Reply 124 of 200
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

This study is BS.

They say its worldwide value.  But the 2nd biggest market in the world (China) does not even allow Google to be accessed.  Total BS.

Really?  I thought Google caved years ago and allowed the Chinese gov't to censor search results thereby allowing Google a presence in China.  For awhile they put a message on their site informing users that the results were being censored, but even that eventually got removed.  Did Google reverse policy and start standing up against Chinese censorship again?

• Reply 125 of 200
    macxpress wrote: »
    So I guess in your eyes its perfectly okay for Apple to continuously release nothing from January-September and then in Oct, release everything they've been working on? I do realize things take time and you want to get it mostly right from the start but you have to release things throughout the year. Not everyone is going to wait until Oct to buy the next iPhone, or whatever other thing they're looking to get. Some will just say screw it and either buy the current Apple product, or buy the next best thing (or something better than what Apple offers) because they don't want to always wait until the end of the year. 

“You have to release things throughout the year”

No, you don't.

“Either buy the current Apple product, or buy the next best thing”

Those who care enough will wait, but most people buy a new phone/tablet/computer when they need/want/can afford one.
  • Reply 126 of 200
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    What if Apple will release new products when they are ready to be released? Did that ever cross your mind? No, it probably did not.
    For the umpteenth time my question is why new products only seem to be ready in September and October. Though rumors are new hardware is coming at WWDC so maybe that pattern will finally change.
  • Reply 127 of 200
    sog35 wrote: »
    This study is BS.

They say its worldwide value.  But the 2nd biggest market in the world (China) does not even allow Google to be accessed.  Total BS.
    And BS last year to when Apple topped it.
  • Reply 128 of 200
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

Google sales: Have stopped growing.

Google hardware: Everything has flopped except Chromecast.

Google income: Ads.

Google value to the public: Maps, Android, Search.

The world's top brand?

Meh.

• Reply 129 of 200
    For the umpteenth time my question is why new products only seem to be ready in September and October. Though rumors are new hardware is coming at WWDC so maybe that pattern will finally change.

Product cycles?
  • Reply 130 of 200
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member

Um. Because they plan to release product for the all important Holiday qtr.
    And BS last year to when Apple topped it.

Yup. What was their methodology.
  • Reply 131 of 200
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Found this link on the IOS stocks app:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/google-overtakes-apple-to-become-the-world-s-most-valuable-company-150058560.html?.tsrc=applewf

other people are spewing this crap. But reading the Yahoo comments, they aren't convinced either.
  • Reply 132 of 200
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,923member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marcobarrios View Post

“You have to release things throughout the year”

No, you don't.

“Either buy the current Apple product, or buy the next best thing”

Those who care enough will wait, but most people buy a new phone/tablet/computer when they need/want/can afford one.

Or they lose out on the sale altogether because they bought something else not Apple because something new came out from a competing company thats better in their eyes. 

• Reply 133 of 200
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

And thats fine and dandy, but what about the other 11 months out of the year? 

• Reply 134 of 200
    And thats fine and dandy, but what about the other 11 months out of the year? 
    You mean Apple stopped selling products the rest of the year? Strangely I read Apple sold a record number of iPhones for a March qtr. must be just spin, right.
  • Reply 135 of 200
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You mean Apple stopped selling products the rest of the year? Strangely I read Apple sold a record number of iPhones for a March qtr. must be just spin, right.

Apple sells more than just iPhones...remember?

• Reply 136 of 200
    Apple sells more than just iPhones...remember?

Not seeing what your point. Did they stop selling non iPhones the rest of the year?
  • Reply 137 of 200
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Somewhat related: Google does unique and creative little links above the search box each day, Underneath today's is a shortcut to "50 things you didn't know you could do with Google". One that caught my eye right away was recalling a sent email. There's been a few times that would have been useful.

https://www.google.com/get/googletips

Something they stole before they stopped paying licensing for ActiveSync and broke their shitty Gmail.

Glad I got rid of the subpar experience Gmail became.

Moved back to my 16 year old yahoo address and life continues.

Thanks gatorguy for helping me decide to dump ALL things Google.

• Reply 138 of 200
    jungmark wrote: »
    So the only important time to release new products is 4th quarter? Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduation, back to school, etc. aren't times people would want to buy new products? Isn't Apple basically creating a very predictable release schedule?
  • Reply 139 of 200
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,335member
    Payola Baby!
  • Reply 140 of 200
    imemberimember Posts: 247member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

Apple will never allow "Custer's Revenge" on The App Store image

Lol!, i really hope your wrong :D