Apple has a few more secret banners still under wraps at WWDC 2014

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    vaporland wrote: »
    I predict they will open the Apple TV dev kit to developers.

I hope so! Even if they announce the hardware (similar to Mac Pro)- and say it'll be an august release. Well- let's say July because we know they wait until the last possible day. :D

I don't think they will, but if they announce big outside of the norm- I'd assume this would be it.

Maybe we'll se AC airport expresses. Been waiting for those.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PopinFRESH View Post

Nope, Just like this year a simple banner with just the X as well as a banner with just a 7 for iOS on a white doted background.

EDIT: Then they uncovered the OS X banner with the name on it.

-PopinFRESH

This reply obviously "won" this thread.  I will be surprised now if the exclusively hidden banners are anything other than the 2 banners already displayed plus some words to the left and right (such as "OS X Yosemite").

• Reply 63 of 69
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    malax wrote: »
    This reply obviously "won" this thread.  I will be surprised now if the exclusively hidden banners are anything other than the 2 banners already displayed plus some words to the left and right (such as "OS X Yosemite").

It was a good post because it was backed up with data and he did the work for us. But remember one of the blacked banners last year showed the new UI of iOS 7 so this year at least one of those posters is hiding a new look OS X, not just the same photo as downstairs. As for the rest probably one is just iOS 8, but there may be others. Don't lose hope !
  • Reply 64 of 69
    Apple wouldn't have to cover up their banners inside of their building if the invited press and developers would respect their Non Disclosure Agreements and not comment about anything except what Apple chooses to eventually make public in its Keynote, as they did in years gone by.

Later generations of developers and bloggers feel it's okay to post photos, video and comments about things they've all agreed to keep confidential, because they know a handful of blogging sites will publish the information on the Internet anyway and Apple seems to have stopped going after them lately.

Apple's able to avoid the negative backlash of going after developers and bloggers who breach their confidentiality simply by treating them the same as the general public. That's fine for bloggers and wanna-bes (who are no doubt the main leakers), but it's not fine for those who put all their money and credibility on the line for a project only to find Apple releasing a competitive version that Apple couldn't even "hint" about to people who signed Non Disclosure Agreements just three or six months earlier.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    I fully expect an "EXCLUSIVE" article on what the revealed banners say. Otherwise, why did DED post this article?
  • Reply 66 of 69
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shapetables View Post

Apple wouldn't have to cover up their banners inside of their building if the invited press and developers would respect their Non Disclosure Agreements and not comment about anything except what Apple chooses to eventually make public in its Keynote, as they did in years gone by.

Later generations of developers and bloggers feel it's okay to post photos, video and comments about things they've all agreed to keep confidential, because they know a handful of blogging sites will publish the information on the Internet anyway and Apple seems to have stopped going after them lately.

Apple's able to avoid the negative backlash of going after developers and bloggers who breach their confidentiality simply by treating them the same as the general public. That's fine for bloggers and wanna-bes (who are no doubt the main leakers), but it's not fine for those who put all their money and credibility on the line for a project only to find Apple releasing a competitive version that Apple couldn't even "hint" about to people who signed Non Disclosure Agreements just three or six months earlier.

Well, times have changed. Noone gives a **** about NDAs anymore, especially if they think they can get away with it. Unfortunately, most people have little respect for these things and would prefer to trade that for the attention of leaking something anonymously to blogs who will cover their asses. Either way Apple would be moronic to trust every one of the thousands of WWDC attendees to honor NDAs. 

• Reply 67 of 69

So where are the before and after pics?

• Reply 68 of 69
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    So where are the before and after pics?

DED lost interest.
    It's not an "exclusive."