Apple's Tim Cook uses WWDC stage to lob grenades at Android, sets up China showdown with Google

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedHotFuzz View Post

Their moderation is the worst.  I was finally banned (after 10+ years on the site) because I called the Android trolls "sheep."  That's all it took.  Trolling on that site is A-OK as long as it's pro-Google, pro-Samsung or pro-Microsoft.  Yes, on an Apple rumors site.  Bizarre.  Most poorly moderated community I've ever seen.

I'm banned too, after calling someone out on his blatant lies. You know, after reading around a thousand post of the same troll spanning several years, I finally responded- and got an instant ban. The place is unreal, almost 90% of the comments are negative towards Apple in any thread, and the Apple bashers can make any absurd claim they want, and throw ad hominem attacks all day long- they never, ever get banned. That site caters to clicks, and the mods figured out that pathetic trolls create the most activity on the site, so theyve decided to sell their soul and principles in order to cater to them. A despicable place it is. The same trolls from years ago are still there, with 100% of their posts being mockery and bashing- yet they get away with it. 

• Reply 102 of 104
    redhotfuzzredhotfuzz Posts: 313member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

That site caters to clicks, and the mods figured out that pathetic trolls create the most activity on the site, so theyve decided to sell their soul and principles in order to cater to them. A despicable place it is. The same trolls from years ago are still there, with 100% of their posts being mockery and bashing- yet they get away with it. 

They do love their trolls.  Just don't confront them - that's a big no-no at MacRumors.  Especially the long-term career trolls who have been granted Untouchable status.

It's good for their page clicks - and terrible for their community.  What a mess.

• Reply 103 of 104
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHotFuzz View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

That site caters to clicks, and the mods figured out that pathetic trolls create the most activity on the site, so theyve decided to sell their soul and principles in order to cater to them. A despicable place it is. The same trolls from years ago are still there, with 100% of their posts being mockery and bashing- yet they get away with it. 

They do love their trolls.  Just don't confront them - that's a big no-no at MacRumors.  Especially the long-term career trolls who have been granted Untouchable status.

It's good for their page clicks - and terrible for their community.  What a mess.

Adding to the echo chamber, but yes-MacRumors became a shadow of its former glory, at least when I left it, which was years ago. You used to get really good posts, like here, albeit interspersed with more trolls, but it gradually became overrun with trolls, to the point where it wasn't worth fishing through the mire for the odd gem.

• Reply 104 of 104

The only forum I post on is AI. Looks like I made the right choice!