Video shows alleged 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6' mockup is taller than Samsung's Galaxy Note 3

Comments

• Reply 21 of 80

The 5.5" phone is the iPhone of Tallest's dreams.

C'mon, don't deny it... you want it...

Har!

• Reply 22 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dbh View Post

why is it that the top and bottom bezels grow big when the screen size gets big?? i am thinking that this is just fake...

Do you know how Photoshop image resize works? ;)

• Reply 23 of 80
    dbhdbh Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Do you know how Photoshop image resize works? ;)

well.. they don't know how to do photoshop and does not have common sense.. hahaha

• Reply 24 of 80
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by Misa View Post

... There is a market for larger devices, but that's pretty much targeting fat-fingered Americans and elderly, not the people who will actually use it as a smart phone. Take a look at Japan and Korea, who wants to look like they are talking into a 1990's era sized cell phone. They like their tiny gadgets. ...

Take a look at China and you'll see where most phablets end up.  They're an all-in-one compromise for people who can't afford a laptop plus iPhone (or clone) plus an iPad (or clone).  Phablets don't do so well in countries with high per-capita income.  For example, iPhone has taken 36.6% of the cell phone market in Japan.  Not just smartphones.  All cell phones.  With its 4" screen.

From Wikipedia's "phablet" article:

In September 2013 International Data Corporation (IDC) reported that its research indicated that phablet size smartphones "overtook shipments of both laptops and tablets in Asia in the second quarter of 2013.

Full article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phablet

iPhone accounts for 36.6% of all mobile handsets in Japan (and Samsung is in 6th place with 5.7%):

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-13/apple-boosts-japanese-market-share-after-ntt-docomo-sells-iphone.html

• Reply 25 of 80

Really like the 4.7" model and iOS8 updated features. Don't like the 5.5" model though. All I can see are bezels and bezels in an ocean of bezels.

• Reply 26 of 80
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    If you cannot figure out the top and bottom bar, by now, please stop posing as a reviewer.
  • Reply 27 of 80
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    hillstones wrote: »
    Previously, Apple fanatics were making fun of Samsung's "phablets". Now they are begging for this shit? Nice hypocrisy.

wow this is the FIRST post?

nice irony.
  • Reply 28 of 80
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

That kid is such a douche! Among other gems, I love how at the end he says, "let me know what you think, do you even like Apple?" If he actually wants people to take him seriously he needs to stop drinking the Apple hating cool aid.

I also see that the trolls haven't skipped a beat in posting their crap in the thread. It's so pathetic that these types feel compelled to try and trash Apple. Thankfully there're enough people that appreciate the quality and thoughtfulness that goes into Apple products that Apple can still be tremendously successful without being bothered by these silly trolls.

It's curious though if Apple does maintain the larger bezels on the 5.5" Although it wouldn't really change the functionality since all the phablets seem ridiculously big to me. I don't get it, but if I had to guess I'd say the main consumers are people who use it as their only mobile device, girls who keep it in their purses, or, of course ill-informed, apple-hating fanddroids.

I think you proved you are the douche.  "There're" is not even a word!  The product is called Kool-Aid, not Cool-Aid.  Go back to your Mom's basement and hope and pray you graduate high school.

• Reply 29 of 80
    Quote:

Name one regular contributor to the forums who has previously "made fun of Samsung's phablets" and who is "now begging for this shit."

Include direct links to their before and after posts.

You asked, you shall receive:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/04/samsung-shows-off-galaxy-note-3-phablet-new-note-101-tablet-galaxy-gear-smart-watch

Read the comments making fun of Samsung's Phablet.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/03/17/big-screen-iphone-6-predicted-to-drive-massive-upgrades-draw-switchers-from-android-to-apple

Read the comments in which they praise Apple for bringing out a larger screen iPhone.

Those are just two examples.  You can use Google yourself and find more if you really want to.

• Reply 30 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Oh, and you're a hardware engineer and know what Apple can/can't do? How do you propose they make it smaller?

Apple will cut off people's thumbs and make them smaller to use with the smaller button.  It will be called the MagSafe Thumb Attachment and be priced at $19.99 for the right thumb, but $29.99 for lefties.

• Reply 31 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

I think you proved you are the douche.  "There're" is not even a word!  The product is called Kool-Aid, not Cool-Aid.  Go back to your Mom's basement and hope and pray you graduate high school.

Let's see here. So you found a typo, commented on it, bolded it, and underlined it, and that's your entire argument? ..and you're actually insinuating I'm the one who's a douche? Didn't you mention something about hypocrisy earlier?

• Reply 32 of 80

I keep seeing these Android toys around. I didn't know there was one for KitKat as well. Anyway, I wonder if someone would make a nice shiny Apple logo paperweight or something. It will be nice...

• Reply 33 of 80
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    I love these "new product sitings". I was starting to get really bored with UFO and Loch Ness Monster sitings.
  • Reply 34 of 80
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa View Post

I don't see anyone begging for larger devices, just cringing. There is a market for larger devices, but that's pretty much targeting fat-fingered Americans and elderly, not the people who will actually use it as a smart phone. Take a look at Japan and Korea, who wants to look like they are talking into a 1990's era sized cell phone. They like their tiny gadgets.

I realize this is just an opinion but you should already know that phablets are now a fairly large portion of the mobile market (including Korea and Japan) that doesn't just include fat Americans and the elderly, (not even sure where you grabbed that completely false information from) and will double in size by the years end. Their even starting to cut into the tablet market as people are realizing that these phablets are adequate enough to do the tasks of both a tablet and a phone. Regardless of your feelings and completely false information these large phones are here to stay, especially in Asia where it is more then obvious that they also enjoy large phones and not just the small ones as you suggested. In fact almost half of the phones sold in Korea are Phablets.

• Reply 35 of 80
    hillstones wrote: »
    You asked, you shall receive:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/04/samsung-shows-off-galaxy-note-3-phablet-new-note-101-tablet-galaxy-gear-smart-watch
    <p style="min-height:14px;"> </p>

Read the comments making fun of Samsung's Phablet.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/03/17/big-screen-iphone-6-predicted-to-drive-massive-upgrades-draw-switchers-from-android-to-apple

Read the comments in which they praise Apple for bringing out a larger screen iPhone.

Those are just two examples.  You can use Google yourself and find more if you really want to.

1. I asked you to name one regular contributor. You did not.
    2. I asked for specific examples, you sent a link to an entire thread. Do you not know how to link to specific posts?
  • Reply 36 of 80
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

I would not be surprised if the entire iPod like iPhone leak is one of the greatest hoaxes ever successfully pulled off by Apple and instead they release the iPhone 6 that is nothing whatsoever like the leaks, and has a radical new design like wall to wall curved sapphire.

• Reply 37 of 80
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

1. I asked you to name one regular contributor. You did not.

2. I asked for specific examples, you sent a link to an entire thread. Do you not know how to link to specific posts?

That despicable lying troll got banned, but what blows my mind is that it took 1,223 posts for it to happen. 

• Reply 38 of 80
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mlynch76 View Post

I'd like to see the home button moved to the back. Such as mid-upper center where it could comfortably be pressed with the index finger right or left handed and get rid of the huge bezels top and bottom while still retaining a physical home button.

Sounds absolutely horrendous in terms of usability, intuitiveness, and not to mention Touch ID, where you'd have to inexplicably contort and twist your finger blindly in order to unlock. Sounds absolutely genius. I'm glad Apple things these things through more than you, and other such armchair analysts giving such ridiculous product advice. 

• Reply 39 of 80
    If the 5.5" would fit into an inside suit jacket pocket while keeping its weight down, then it could have a place in areas of enterprise. My eye sight sucks, but I think I'd still enjoy a 4" or a bit larger iPhone as a companion to my iPad Air. I really don't care whether Apple produces a bigger iPhone this time around, I will select from what is offered and enjoy the new feature set iOS8 will bring.
  • Reply 40 of 80
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member

Well Jimmy Lin has gotten one. Looks like a 5.5" to me. So far his track record is all Apple leaks are correct.

So as much as i hate to admit it..........maybe 5.5" really is coming.

Not to mention Sonny Dickson has similar photos as well.