Video shows alleged 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6' mockup is taller than Samsung's Galaxy Note 3

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80

Those leaks are from what the case/accessories manufacturers get before the phone gets released, so when the phone get released you can buy them.

This guy explain that when showing and comparing the next (most likely) iphone with other phones:

• Reply 62 of 80
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Quote:

He's got a 5.5 mockup? The mockups aren't produced by Apple. 

Yes I know. That is like ALL mockup aren't made by Apple either. That is why i said his track record for leaks, which has been 100% so far with iPad Mini, iPad Air and the 5. 

• Reply 63 of 80
    mlynch76 wrote: »
    I'd like to see the home button moved to the back. Such as mid-upper center where it could comfortably be pressed with the index finger right or left handed and get rid of the huge bezels top and bottom while still retaining a physical home button.

And which you'd accidentally press whilst holding the iPhone.

No.
  • Reply 64 of 80
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

And which you'd accidentally press whilst holding the iPhone.

No.

I don't see Apple ever moving the home button but I don't think they are necessarily tied to a circular design at the current size. They could possibly shave a few millimeters by giving it or more oblong shape. Aside from just being ugly, those really large bezel areas in the mockup will make the iPhone a lot taller than any other 4.7" phone and taller even than the 5.2" LG G2. Perhaps that is intentional since that might allow more interior space for components. The top bezel is a much simpler matter to fix by just moving the camera. I don't think Apple is quite as concerned about symmetry as many people here believe so I think the current hom button will stay unchanged and any space savings will come from the large forehead. 

• Reply 65 of 80

Buttons on the back is not a bad idea at all, look at the LG G3!

That way, they can keep the screen size at maximum while keeping the device size as smaller as possible.

• Reply 66 of 80
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

giving it or more oblong shape. Aside from just being ugly

You’re right about that.

Perhaps that is intentional since that might allow more interior space for components.

Or, you know, to actually be able to use and hold the device.

• Reply 67 of 80

I would be in for this.

Especially if the size is in the same ballpark as the G3 and S5, which replaced my iPhone 5S two months ago.

• Reply 68 of 80
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingela View Post

For those who say Apple will not make an asymmetrical device, where is the logic for that coming from? Good design does not necessarily mean symmetrical design. In my eyes, the original iPhone is one of the most beautiful designs.

Was thinking about the Mac too. Its chin is very important.

• Reply 69 of 80
    clemynx wrote: »
    ingela wrote: »

Was thinking about the Mac too. Its chin is very important.

China is very important to Apple, too.
  • Reply 70 of 80
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    I can’t wait for it to… not come out, again proving wrong the people that say the same thing every year.

The device for which we’ve seen absolutely nothing whatsoever, you mean? Contrasting the one for which all leaks (and “leaks”) have shown.

Yesterday Sonny Dickson shared a couple of 5.5" iPhone display pics, which you already took note of. The evidence for a phablet iPhone is certainly beginning to firm up.
  • Reply 71 of 80
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Yesterday Sonny Dickson shared a couple of 5.5" iPhone display pics, which you already took note of. The evidence for a phablet iPhone is certainly beginning to firm up.

Many of us are certainly hoping so.

But we've been down this road before...

"Apple will never do a plastic iPhone. The 5C rumors can't possibly be true"

"Apple will never do an iPad Mini. Steve Jobs said what the ideal size was."

"Apple will never do a larger screen iPhone. 3.5" is perfect"

"iOS is never going to have a file system or custom keyboards. It doesn't need it"

...etc...etc...

• Reply 72 of 80
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Not really.

• Reply 73 of 80
    I personally wanted a 6 inch phone....Wish the iPhone 6 would be 5.7 inches....

Don't forget, many middle age people need larger screens to see.
    Zooming does not cut it and requires 2 hands to zoom anyway...so, a larger screen is better !

In addition, I never type with one hand, so that argument does not hold water either.

I wish I was young again...then I may want a smaller phone...But, finally Apple is addressing baby boomers needs :-)
  • Reply 74 of 80
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by expertmagician View Post

I personally wanted a 6 inch phone....Wish the iPhone 6 would be 5.7 inches....

Don't forget, many middle age people need larger screens to see.

Zooming does not cut it and requires 2 hands to zoom anyway...so, a larger screen is better !

In addition, I never type with one hand, so that argument does not hold water either.

I wish I was young again...then I may want a smaller phone...But, finally Apple is addressing baby boomers needs :-)

I don't mind large phones but that's really pushing it, have you seen a Nokia 1520 or Sony Z1 Ultra, both are 6" and are freakishly humongous.Though I can see the appeal if paired with a smartwatch and you really wanted to combine both a tablet and phone.

• Reply 75 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not really.

I bet you will still deny it's existence when it's released. :D

• Reply 76 of 80
    relic wrote: »

Not really.

Denial? What denial?
  • Reply 77 of 80
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

My signature might have something to say about that… :p

But no, I just deny his knowledge of it in any form.

• Reply 78 of 80
    Quote:

Denial? What denial?

I was just teasing because of the conversation Tallest was having.

• Reply 79 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Quote:

Denial? What denial?

I was just teasing because of the conversation Tallest was having.

I know. I was making a play on words. ????