Samsung says iPhone 5s users have 'screen envy' of Galaxy S5 in latest ad

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    astro wrote: »
    LOL. My roommate dropped his S4 put of his pocket and the screen smashed in the corner where the impact was. The so called phone replacement insurance that he was paying into did not actually cover a new phone as advertised and he had to pay for a new phone. The only thing this confirms for me is that stupid people like less functionally, poorer standards, and cheap hardware when they buy a Galaxy product.

I'm curious as to why the insurance didnt cover it.
  • Reply 102 of 105
    Of course, the Samsung device owner is a rarity, being one of the few people who have bought a Galaxy S5.
  • Reply 103 of 105
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    It's so true.  My iPhone 5 was amazingly cool when I got it, but it's looking so clunky and dated now.  They've really tapped into what a lot of Apple customers are asking - how much longer?  It's been difficult to ignore Samsung's progress with screens.

It appears that Apple continues to aim for groundbreaking but infrequent hardware updates.  For laptops and iPads, that's fine for me.  It will be interesting to see how that strategy plays out long-term in the ADHD phone market though.  If you have nothing new to talk about, you have nothing to talk about at all, and Apple really needs something to talk about right now.

64 bit.
  • Reply 104 of 105
    kedakeda Posts: 722member

Screen size is one of Samsung's only differentiators, so I'm not surprised that they are trying to capitalize on it.  But these ads sorely miss the mark.  While it does mention the Samy screen, the ad seems more focused on iPhone users and the fact that a new iPhone with a bigger screen is about to be released.

I wonder how many non-techie people will see this spot and realize for the first time that a new, larger iPhone is upcoming?  With this newfound awareness, they might start to notice the stories on news sites, like CNN, that also mentioned the new iPhone screen.  The ad would have made more sense if it ran 6-9 months ago when larger Apple phones were not a sure thing.

With their key differentiator about to evaporate in two months, this would be a good time to start working in other benefits of the Samsung phone. What are they?

• Reply 105 of 105

Samsung users are cool and popular. iPhone users are losers, or as certain forums trolls spell it: "loosers"

Or at least in the fantasy world of Samsung's marketing. Remember this horrible ad, where Samsung tries clumsily to portray its users as cool and popular, only to come across as laughably obvious and forced?

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T8nJKWJTsUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Yes. Watch it. Soak it in. You know I speak the truth.
    That was an abysmal ad. I'm at a loss for words.