Wall Street on Apple's 'uneventful' June quarter: Excited by margins, concerned about guidance

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

We'll see when the "6" is released (really hoping they just call it "iPhone" personally. 

I was certain TS would give a thumb's up for this... I was right!

Seriously though, so do I. I was expecting it 2 years back actually.

• Reply 82 of 88
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

I was certain TS would give a thumb's up for this... I was right!

Seriously though, so do I. I was expecting it 2 years back actually.

Heh.  Good call.  I think we'll find out soon.

• Reply 83 of 88
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I woke up slightly late today, and one of the first things I do when I wake up is to check on my holdings, and when I opened the AAPL chart for today, I just had to smile.:lol:

Screw all the shorts! I hope that they lost their rent money! I hope that they have to pawn their Android phones! I hope that they have to whore out their wives and sisters and make them stand on a busy street corner to make up for their losses.

I said it yesterday, but this earnings was pretty good, especially since it's a quiet quarter for AAPL. We all know what's coming soon! Bring it on biatches!:smokey:  

Some might consider that relishing the prospect of the shorts having to whore out their wives and sisters is a tad cruel, but I can't say that you don't know how to express your happiness.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    mjtomlin wrote: »
    imt1 wrote: »

They did? when? 

Apple has steadily released a New/Updated iPhone each year. That is always the given. iPads not every year. Mac's either get Hardware upgrades or a refresh, depending on how far along they are in the product cycle. New OS's for both Mac and iOS each year. So whats left ATV? Those hardware updates have been few and far between. If we are talking new product categories those have spans of 5+ years between launches. So...  nothing different then what has occurred in the past. 

Not to side with the troll, but...

Apple Events...
    2008: Jan, Mar, Jun, Sep, Oct
    2009: Jan, Mar, Jun, Sep
    2010: Jan, Apr, Jun, Sep, Oct
    2011: Mar, Jun, Oct
    2012: Jan, Mar, Jun, Sep, Oct
    2013: Jun, Sep, Oct
    2014: Jun

Last year was the first year they did not have an event during the first half of the year - this was only the second time that has happened.

June is in the first half of the year, dumbo; or are you from Australia?
  • Reply 85 of 88
    aaronj wrote: »

They weren't talking about market share. They were talking about saturation. How much of the high end market does Apple have in high end phones. If the number is really high then one should be able to reasonably assume that sales will be slowing down at some point. I didn't say "ending"... just slowing down. Which is what we are seeing. Apple still sells more phones yoy but the percentage over the year before is no longer what it used to be. The chance for wildly exceptional growth numbers as we've seen in the past is no longer there.

That's what is being said... not market share. Rather, Apple's share of its market.

We'll see when the "6" is released (really hoping they just call it "iPhone" personally. 

If they had any sense, they'd call it the iPhone 8.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    June is in the first half of the year, dumbo; or are you from Australia?

Doesn't even work with the fiscal year.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    bigmike wrote: »
    Wallstreet can suck a duck.

Yes I know the "I" is next to the "U"

Wall Street, a sick duck indeed.