Apple and Beats introduce 'Pills' characters to Siri in first official ad

Comments

• Reply 101 of 147
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Another great review for Solo2

http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/11/beats-solo-2-review-great-looks-now-with-better-sound/

"If you’re looking for everyday walkaround headphones, the Beats Solo 2 are hard to beat. They’re good-looking, they sound plenty good enough for most users, and they’re very comfortable. A variety of color options sweetens the pie, too. If you don’t care about fashion, you can find cheaper headphones that offer similar performance, but Beats has done an admirable job of earning up to their popularity this time around."

Sounds like a winner to me

I still wouldn't invest in a pair and no their not hard to beat, the quality just doesn't compare with other headphones on the market at similar price points. Our family has gone threw a few Beats headphones already, in all three case they didn't last more then 6 months. I take very good care of my things and I couldn't even preserve mine, Beat headphones just arent worth the expenditure. Go for Bowers & Wilkins P5's, my husband's new car came with two pair for the rear passenger seats, their of amazing quality and sound fantastic. I was so pressed that I purchased the C5's, in ear style, love them. Simply put, they wipe the floor with the Beats Solo 2's, going so far as even guaranteeing it, they will refund your money back up to 90 days if you not 100 percent satisfied with them.

C1-P5ME.png
  • Reply 102 of 147
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Nah, the P5s aren't large and bulky at all, they're pretty small compared to most.  And though I'm not a great fan of the leather band, the cans themselves are pretty cool

The P7s are more suited to studio/home listening, the P3s and P5s are very much on the go phones.  The P3s fold in and the P5s twist flat.  The P7s fold in as well, so not really sure why the P5s don't.

• Reply 103 of 147

Here, a picture of B&W and Beats together.  These are actually the P3s, but they're around the same size as the P5s, just a bit less premium in the materials.  I'd say the B&Ws are a little smaller than the Beats (Solo1, I think?).

• Reply 104 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sig35 View Post

I'm sure they sound great.

But very few kids would wear those in public.

They also seem very large and bulky.  The Solo2 can fold.

IMO, those are studio/at home headphones.  The Solo2 are on the go headphones. 

There actually smaller and lighter then the Solo2's, not bulky at all. May I ask why your trying so hard to defend a product that you don't even own. I would give it a year for Apple to spread some of their magic on them before pulling the trigger, it's your money but I guarantee you will not be happy with your purchase after a few months.

Anyway, the P3's also come in different colors for the kids;

Also as you can see below, the cable and speaker foamy's are easily replaceable which means you could own these pretty much forever. They also include an extra cable in case you break it, Bowers & Wilkins really know what their doing and I can't recommend them enough. As a person who has owned Beats and now these, these come up on top in every way imaginable. 

Fold-able, hmmm, do you mean something like this;

......and a nice little review;

• Reply 105 of 147
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Apple is going to retain the Beats brand at least for the next 5 years.

Again, when you have proof feel free to post it.

Seems like most of the time you don't care about getting it right, but being right.

Uh… 

Once you choose a side on an issue you stick with it no matter how much evidence there is against it.

That’s funny. It’s almost as though you think you can say such a thing.

Do you seriously think Apple would throw away the Beats brand name that has tremendous value?

Does it?

They dominate the high end consumer market with 80% share.

No, they’re not high end products.

My question is if you only believe things when Apple releases a press release or a event why even clown around in a rumor site? 

Maybe because your fabrication isn’t true?

• Reply 106 of 147

It did not say Beats is now AppleBeats

Headphones with a $200-$600 price tag is high end.  Sorry.

Quantity ? quality; sorry.

• Reply 107 of 147
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Here, a picture of B&W and Beats together.  These are actually the P3s, but they're around the same size as the P5s, just a bit less premium in the materials.  I'd say the B&Ws are a little smaller than the Beats (Solo1, I think?).

I'm not saying that isn't a bit of sound reasoning and a good choice for the dollar. I'm simply noting that Apple made the choice they did for a reason. Beats is a marketing machine in addition to being fashionable and expensive headphones.

• Reply 108 of 147

nope.  Price point determines if its high end or not. 

Sure thing¡

• Reply 109 of 147

So what determines it if not price?

Quality. A one word answer doesn’t need a person to figure out. You already knew this.

• Reply 110 of 147

"High end" doesn't really mean anything on its own, it has to stand for the high end of something.  I think generally when people say "high end" they mean "high end of the price range", though there's probably also an implicit "high end end of the quality spectrum" in there too.

• Reply 111 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

"High end" doesn't really mean anything on its own, it has to stand for the high end of something.  I think generally when people say "high end" they mean "high end of the price range", though there's probably also an implicit "high end end of the quality spectrum" in there too.

The Beats are defiantly in the mid range, I would consider something like a pair of Grado's to be high end.

These retail for 1500 dollars, how can you put a pair of Beats Solo 2's in the same category, you can't;

• Reply 112 of 147
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    relic wrote: »
    These retail for 1500 dollars

Needs a 3.5mm mini adapter. Bummer¡

But bloody hell, those look cool. As fine as they look, they don't even need to sound good. /s
  • Reply 113 of 147
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

The Beats are defiantly in the mid range, I would consider something like a pair of Grado's to be high end.

These retail for 1500 dollars, how can you put a pair of Beats Solo 2's in the same category, you can't;

Fair point.  And like you, I wouldn't describe the Beats as high end.

• Reply 114 of 147

And who determines what Quality is?  You?

Give up. Now.

• Reply 115 of 147
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And who determines what Quality is?  You?

Give up. Now.

I understand he isn't the greatest with his posting but the reality is that Apple didn't just assimilate the Beats brand.

You go to their website and the page is welcoming the company while featuring the Beats logo. Apple knows that they bought a brand and they aren't killing it. Rather they are featuring it. Some of us might even note that no one has true proof because this is a rumor website and thus we are all speculating.

As part of my speculation I will note that the iTunes icon used to be blue and now magically has become red, the same color as the beats logo.

Someone here is making a change and it is Apple, not Beats.

• Reply 116 of 147
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    As part of my speculation I will note that the iTunes icon used to be blue and now magically has become red, the same color as the beats logo.

[images]

Nice observation. I hadn't drawn that comparison to the Beats logo before. Seems unlikely to be coincidental.
  • Reply 117 of 147
    solipsismx wrote: »

[images]

Nice observation. I hadn't drawn that comparison to the Beats logo before. Seems unlikely to be coincidental.

Huh? You think they changed the colour of the logo from green to blue when they bought Blue Fish? Kiddin' here, and while I understand the comparison I don't think we should be reading too much into it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=4887

• Reply 118 of 147
    philboogie wrote: »
    Huh? You think they changed the colour of the logo from green to blue when they bought Blue Fish? Kiddin' here, and while I understand the comparison I don't think we should be reading too much into it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=4887

[image]

Considering how long they had the blue logo and how many of their primary apps are blue I did find the red iTunes icon at WWDC to be a dramatic change. That said, for how long has the Music app on iOS been red?
  • Reply 119 of 147
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Considering how long they had the blue logo and how many of their primary apps are blue I did find the red iTunes icon at WWDC to be a dramatic change. That said, for how long has the Music app on iOS been red?

Hehe. I agree. And funny you also wondered about the iOS icon. I was wondering as well, but with all the jailbreak hits Bing gives me I simply gave up. Perhaps Google is better at this. Likely even, I'm terrible at finding what I'm looking for. On the internet that is.
  • Reply 120 of 147
    philboogie wrote: »
    Hehe. I agree. And funny you also wondered about the iOS icon. I was wondering as well, but with all the jailbreak hits Bing gives me I simply gave up. Perhaps Google is better at this. Likely even, I'm terrible at finding what I'm looking for. On the internet that is.

The apps changed its name from iPod to Music for iOS 5, but was still orange in colour. For iOS 7, with the new look, the music app was changed to red. That means that we should have probably exude the change since it happened in iOS over a year ago in the iOS 7 betas.